ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314944
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
SilentQ
SilentQ
601 posts
Nomad

I think abortion is OK, up to a certain point. That point would be when the fetus starts actually thinking, so probably about 13 weeks. As soon as the person starts becoming self-aware and has the ability to think, it should have all the rights. 13 weeks is plenty of time to get a pregnancy test and abortion. After that it's just murdering of a baby.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

It doesn't prevent anything. As I said before, a man can simply make more sperm.

And as everyone else has said multiple times a girl can continue to get pregnant after abortion. So stop trying to use that, we already dulled that point.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

But once she's pregnant, it's not a simple sperm anymore. It is the beginning of another person. Imagine this: What if YOUR mom got an abortion? You wouldn't be here. And that would be horrible. Well, that's what happens everytime someone gets an abortion. If you see it from your point of view, why not just make murder legal? It's the same as abortion, just getting rid of a person who is an inconvenience to you.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

But once she's pregnant, it's not a simple sperm anymore.

Its also not a human, its one step further towards being human than a sperm but its still not a human.

It is the beginning of another person. Imagine this: What if YOUR mom got an abortion? You wouldn't be here. And that would be horrible.

A sperm is the beginning of another person, and if I was never born it would not be horrible, I would not be able to access the situation as horrible if I was never born.
Imagine this: What if YOUR dad wore a condom on that special night? Or if he rubbed that easy one out first? You wouldn't be here.

Well, that's what happens everytime someone gets an abortion.

And the same time a man wears a condom.

If you see it from your point of view, why not just make murder legal? It's the same as abortion, just getting rid of a person who is an inconvenience to you.

First of all, a fetus is more then a mere inconvenience, second of all a human is a human, a fetus is not a human.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

OMG! Get this through your thick skull: masturbation does not stop a baby from being born!

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

But once she's pregnant, it's not a simple sperm anymore. It is the beginning of another person. Imagine this: What if YOUR mom got an abortion? You wouldn't be here. And that would be horrible. Well, that's what happens everytime someone gets an abortion. If you see it from your point of view, why not just make murder legal? It's the same as abortion, just getting rid of a person who is an inconvenience to you.

And what if my dad got masterbation when I should have been born? Same affect.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

OMG! Get this through your thick skull: masturbation does not stop a baby from being born!

That first part did nothing to further your argument, if anything it hurts it. And masturbation prevents a specific baby , there will be more sperm to replace it and there will be more sex to replace the aborted fetus.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

And what if my dad got masterbation when I should have been born? Same affect.

Hmmf. Didn't quite answer the question, did you?
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Definition of abortion: termination of a pregnancy. Masturbation doesn't do that. Case closed.

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Definition of abortion: termination of a pregnancy. Masturbation doesn't do that. Case closed.

And masterbation keeps you from ever being pregnent. So they both have the same effect. Now that the argument is starting to go in crcles, say somthing else, or atleast have somthing more then " There different" as an argument.
Kloudwolf
Kloudwolf
26 posts
Nomad

Abortion is nothing but a way for a woman who dosen't want to take responsibilty for her own actions to kill a helpless fetus that can't even defend itself people who get and do abortions are worse than murderers.

a fetus is not a human.

A fetus is what a baby is before he is a baby. And what is a baby? an alien? No. a baby is a human being. And people like you make yourself feel better by saying that a pre-baby(fetus) is not a baby, and because of that the fetus is not human.

masterbation keeps you from ever being pregnent

So we should never have sex and just jerk off(Men) and stick big beces of plastic in ourselves(Women)?

314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

[quote]So we should never have sex and just jerk off(Men) and stick big beces of plastic in ourselves(Women)?

No, Im saying thats fine, but if you do, then your killing a baby or having a baby. Its pure human nature.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Abortion is nothing but a way for a woman who dosen't want to take responsibilty for her own actions

Actually I tend to think the opposite. If a mother doesn't believe she is emotionally ready or financially strong enough to have the child, then having an abortion is the responsible course of action.

to kill a helpless fetus that can't even defend itself

1) Whilst it is legal to have an abortion, a fetus cannot biologically be considered a human. More of a mass of unthinking cells. Of course it has the potential to become human, but as other people have pointed out, so does sperm every time someone has a bash, so the 'otential for life' argument doesn't really work.

2) The fetus is a parasite living off the pregnant woman. It is reliant upon her, and a part of her body, not an independent entity. People should be free to do what they want with their own body, and the state should not prohibit them from doing so.
Kloudwolf
Kloudwolf
26 posts
Nomad

No, Im saying thats fine, but if you do, then your killing a baby or having a baby

HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF THE PILL !?!?

The fetus is a parasite living off the pregnant woman

that's what we all are originally isn't it?

If a mother doesn't believe she is emotionally ready or financially strong enough to have the child, then having an abortion is the responsible course of action

There are other options becides killing the baby, Adoption for one.

Kloudwolf
Kloudwolf
26 posts
Nomad

People should be free to do what they want with their own body, and the state should not prohibit them from doing so.

Things you can do with you own body:
1.Murder a whole family
2.Blow up an orphanage
3.rape a 8 year old girl
4.rape a 8 year old boy
5.Assainate the president

Showing 1141-1155 of 1508