ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314929
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

No mother anywhere has ever thought of their child as a parasite.

Er, then, explain why thousands of teens get an abortion every year, and how it came to be, and why even stable women that are married sometimes get an abortion? Think about this. Orphans are sad, not many people want them, and already as it is there are quite a few of them. Imagine ALL the abortions, turn those into children. We would have no where to put them, no way to feed them.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

So you're suggesting that every single baby that got aborted would've been an orphan? That makes no sense, Why did all their parents die?

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I don't see the two as related. Earlier I was saying the ends of masturbation are not the ends of abortions, I wasn't really talking about the potential for life.

All you have to do is read the paragraph of mine which you already quoted to see why you are wrong, from a legal standpoint at least.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

All you have to do is read the paragraph of mine which you already quoted to see why you are wrong, from a legal standpoint at least.

A sperm can't become a human on its own. There's such a huge difference from masturbation and abortion. Masturbation doesn't require another person. It doesn't include sex. It only includes material that has half of the genetic code of a human and that can't become a human on its own. There have been many laws against abortion in the past, yet there haven't been laws against masturbation. (The only laws against masturbation are doing it in public). Masturbation is something totally different than abortion. So why use the argument that in order to ban abortion you'd have to ban masturbation?

I don't know how many other ways to put this.
As soon as a sperm fertilizes an ovum, that fertilized ovum is already racing towards becoming a full grown baby.
Same with embryos and fetuses, every second of every day they're coming closer and closer to being full grown human babies. Sperms and unfertilized eggs are just sitting there.

The potential in life for sperm is zero. I can't become a human alone. Same with an egg.

In order to end a process in windows you have to start it first. You can't abort whats not there. Masturbation doesn't terminate pregnancies because a pregnancy isn't there. Sperms have no potential for life because they require an ovum (egg) as well.

A gasoline powered car with no gasoline has no potential to transport people (under the power of its engine).
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

A sperm can't become a human on its own. There's such a huge difference from masturbation and abortion. Masturbation doesn't require another person. It doesn't include sex. It only includes material that has half of the genetic code of a human and that can't become a human on its own. There have been many laws against abortion in the past, yet there haven't been laws against masturbation. (The only laws against masturbation are doing it in public). Masturbation is something totally different than abortion. So why use the argument that in order to ban abortion you'd have to ban masturbation?

A fetus can not be a human on its own. I have said this before and will say it again, masterbation stops a particular baby from being born, so does abortion.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

A fetus can not be a human on its own. I have said this before and will say it again, masterbation stops a particular baby from being born, so does abortion.

A fetus is naturally in a women and in almost all cases, except when medically separated or through the use of technology to fertilize an egg in a petri dish, will become human when left in its natural state. A sperm in its natural state and even an unfertilized egg in its natural state does not have the ability to become a human. A fetus in its natural state develops into a full grown baby.

masterbation stops a particular baby from being born, so does abortion.

No it doesn't. Even during the natural birth process several sperms die. Millions of sperms are released but only ONE makes it to the egg. THE REST DIE. If masturbation was the prevention of a particular baby then naturally getting a women pregnant also would account for stopping millions of particular babies from being born.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

****No masturbation doesn't. Even during the natural birth process several sperms die. Millions of sperms are released but only ONE makes it to the egg. THE REST DIE. If masturbation was the prevention of a particular baby then naturally getting a women pregnant also would account for stopping millions of particular babies from being born.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Yes it does, an egg fertilized with sperm A will be different then one fertilized with sperm B, if you masturbate and lose sperm A you have effectively stopped that particular sperm from having a chance to become part of a human.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Yes it does, an egg fertilized with sperm A will be different then one fertilized with sperm B, if you masturbate and lose sperm A you have effectively stopped that particular sperm from having a chance to become part of a human.

Sperm only live so long inside the testicle before they die and are replaced. Its a natural process to lose sperm. Men have wet dreams and like I said even the act of getting a woman pregnant kills millions of sperm (the sperm that don't make it to the egg.) Masturbation, although not so "natural", would probably fall along these lines. Are you having abortion because you didn't use all your sperm you have to make babies but instead waited too long and let some die in your testicles? No.
The if I masturbate I lose a sperm that could be my child. Too many factors. How do you know those exact sperm would be the sperm released into the mother of your child? How do you know what one sperm out that batch would be the one to fertilize the egg? How do you know the the next time you have sex, with the intent of getting the woman pregnant, that the woman you have it with will become successfully pregnant?

Masturbation doesn't prevent a baby from being born. Pulling out yeah maybe it does. But are Masturbating, Pulling out, Wearing Condoms the same as abortion, NO. Masturbating, pulling out, and wearing condoms PREVENT PREGNANCIES. abortions TERMINATE PREGNANCIES.

Fetus A = Child A
Sperm A + Ovum B + Successful Fertilization = Embryo X = Fetus X = Child X
The sperm still requires genetic material in order to become a baby. Sperm is not a guaranteed child. Saying Sperm A will become baby A is implausible because we also need to know Ovum A and if the fertilization will be successful.
Having a fetus gives no unknown (aside from miscarriage). fetus A is an already successfully fertilized ovum and is made up of two particular parts, One sperm and One Ovum. All this is know once a fetus exists. None of those other parts are know when a random sperm is released into a napkin.

Sperm A + Nothing = Dead sperm.
rob132
rob132
78 posts
Nomad

abortion should be illegal even if somebody gets raped, your killing a innocent being, without the ability to fight back

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

abortion should be illegal even if somebody gets *****, your killing a innocent being, without the ability to fight back

there are too many people on the earth anyways (the cause of global warming) and its just a baby if the person holding it dosn't want it why should anyone else?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

abortion should be illegal even if somebody gets *****, your killing a innocent being, without the ability to fight back

You can't kill whats not alive

there are too many people on the earth anyways (the cause of global warming)

Global warming is nateral, the mass amounts of the human race only helps it A LITTLe
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Global warming is nateral, the mass amounts of the human race only helps it A LITTLe

i know it dosent really make a difference but all the co2 is still bad for the envierment. it makes smog and other pollution.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

GET THE DAMN GLOBAL WARMING BULLSHIT OUT OF THIS FUCKING THREAD YOU FUCKING MORONS YOU ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH DAMN PROPOGANDA THREADS TO SPAM IN DAMN IT!!!

Have a nice day.

SilentQ
SilentQ
601 posts
Nomad

Except, fetuses aren't so innocent. They mercilessly make the host look much overweight, they steal all the hosts food and energy, and cause great amounts of pain while being all unborn.

Also, there is a chance of dying through childbirth. If you didn't want a baby and got raped, why would you go through the risk of death to bear a child you didn't even want?!

I say that the mother should have up to 15 weeks to have an abortion, after that it should be a crime. It's at around 15 weeks that the fetus starts being able to think, making it human. 15 weeks is plenty of time to get an abortion, it's 4 months, which is almost half the pregnancy!
Showing 1201-1215 of 1508