ForumsSupport ForumScrolling About?

82 11090
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Alright I think this might have been suggest but from the list I compiled I don't remember seeing it. So lets do this.

I go to talk on profiles and I have to scroll for like 10 seconds on my laptop to get the the comments and it's so annoying! I think if the about exceeds a certain about of lines(10 or 20 or something) then it turns into one of those boxes that scroll, don't change sizes like the comment box or the box I am writing this thread in right now. Don't know what they are called. Anyways these abouts are bothersome to be, don't know about you guys. Call me on my being a baby about 10 seconds of my life, but that adds up. Anyways if this is just me then sorry! :P

• 82 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Yup it would be helpful if you put that at the top of your about : )

I found out about that neat rick : )

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

But it's still not as clean as a scroll box. Would be nicer and more attractive

SAL37
SAL37
447 posts
Peasant

I don't scroll on my computer!
Instead at my profile witch is long because my FR2 map is big im trying to shorten it.
But Anyway your mouse has a scrolling thing in the middle. You just push it and then move it very down. And it's much faster than scrolling.
Or just press END...

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

sounds like a good idea

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Lol things always being brought back from the dead here. Some things I never thought I'd see again!

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

ASCII on profiles are annoying, and they just take up too much space, they should be banned or something

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Wow, I was posting on this thread like 3 weeks ago. The computer art on the profiles are annoying, there should either be a limit or they should be banned.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, it goes to show you that the Mac is evil. Has a gaming deficient and no Home and End button. Windows for the win.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Actually I play Crysis high quality high resolution on my computer better than any computer I ever had(yes, mac).

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

Ok i have a very simple answer to this. Why not just add a Hide About button? And have it save the settings to ur computer. that way if u rly want to read the person's profile u can, but when u dont want to read it, u can have it hidden and not have it in your way.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

Or only show like the first couple sentences of the about, and then u can click something like "Show more..." and it shows the rest of their about. And then at the end of their about, a "Show less..." button.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

I think my idea should be done, someone tell a mod. =\\

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Yeah the mile long about,with all the computer art, and especially Map Codes for FR2 and Shift 3,and such.I see those more often though.Even though its doubtful then anything we suggest will get implemented,its still a good idea none the less.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Just so everyone knows. Althought a scrolling about isn't, a button that will be implemented to the top of about that will go to the anchor point of the comments is on a list that is going to Dan for approval to be added, so chances are it will be added if he likes the idea. No need to keep this going, so we can all just stop talking or lock this!

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

I like my idea better... that way it doesnt even have to be in ur way, and u dont have to click the button everytime u go on their profile.

Showing 46-60 of 82