ForumsSupport ForumScrolling About?

82 11092
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Alright I think this might have been suggest but from the list I compiled I don't remember seeing it. So lets do this.

I go to talk on profiles and I have to scroll for like 10 seconds on my laptop to get the the comments and it's so annoying! I think if the about exceeds a certain about of lines(10 or 20 or something) then it turns into one of those boxes that scroll, don't change sizes like the comment box or the box I am writing this thread in right now. Don't know what they are called. Anyways these abouts are bothersome to be, don't know about you guys. Call me on my being a baby about 10 seconds of my life, but that adds up. Anyways if this is just me then sorry! :P

• 82 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think this would make the profile pages a lot cleaner, and get rid of the scrolly issues.

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

There should be a button to click on so that you can go down to their AP and badges that they have.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I personally would not like to see a scroll bar. Sometimes it is nice being able to see the whole about at once, but I do agree that the art is pretty anoying.

My favorite is when people do these 2 things. They copy and paste the list of Ranks and points, then they make a list of ranks and pute the x in the box each time they go up a rank. Why would you post something like that? You already have the rank helmates right in front of you! why do you need to make a lamer versain of it?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I think there should be a button next to the big bolded word 'About' that either sends you to the comments or the bottom of the page.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

There should be a button to click on so that you can go down to their AP and badges that they have.

Ahhh, now that is a good compromise People can still have their full abouts, but there is a quick way to get past it if you want. Excellent.
jwalshjr
jwalshjr
536 posts
Peasant

d0m1nated14

Carlie
Ahhh, now that is a good compromise People can still have their full abouts, but there is a quick way to get past it if you want. Excellent.

Ya, this would probably work better than a scroll box. Considering then if you wanted to read an about with the scroll, there would be even more scrolling than originally.
MyNameIsZain
MyNameIsZain
464 posts
Nomad

i do not understand say it again, thanks

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I don't think you should point out specific users.

do not understand say it again, thanks

In people's abouts they put too mcuh stuff so you have to scroll down a lot to get to their comments.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah i think that is a good idea.

Although, is ten seconds really that much?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Its more like ten seconds every few minutes if you have a conversation.

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I like the idea. Don't point our certain users, though. I don't think they will like that.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

What the point of putting it on the bottom? That would just make it weird.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Why not just put the about at the bottom?

gman1000
gman1000
977 posts
Nomad

I agree with plokkey. It would look very wierd.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

The point of having the About on the top is putting it above the fold, I would assume. Making them super long just kinda messes with it.

Showing 16-30 of 82