ForumsSupport ForumScrolling About?

82 11088
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Alright I think this might have been suggest but from the list I compiled I don't remember seeing it. So lets do this.

I go to talk on profiles and I have to scroll for like 10 seconds on my laptop to get the the comments and it's so annoying! I think if the about exceeds a certain about of lines(10 or 20 or something) then it turns into one of those boxes that scroll, don't change sizes like the comment box or the box I am writing this thread in right now. Don't know what they are called. Anyways these abouts are bothersome to be, don't know about you guys. Call me on my being a baby about 10 seconds of my life, but that adds up. Anyways if this is just me then sorry! :P

• 82 Replies
Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

Come on, somebody help me out here. Wouldn't that be easier than having to click the "straight to comments" button? and ur comp wouldnt have to load the person's whole profile every time u go to it.....

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

that is a better idea

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Loading the profile isn't very arduous in the first place. As long as abouts can get, they are just text and text can only do so much. Pictures are what do it and there are no pictures in the about. Just text guns. I have tested it out of shear boredom a few times and it takes insane amounts of text and I mean insane amounts for it to become a strain to load. So fear not loading isn't a problem and a button works fine. Hiding abouts will become annoying. Especially because I tend to read the nice short ones.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

How will hiding abouts become annoying? That makes no sense at all. Having to press a stupid button every single time u go to someone's profile is whats annoying.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

I mean, how often do u read someone's profile when ur talking to someone? I read their profile once, then i dont care anymore, i dont think ppl want to read profile THAT often. I would much have their long pointless profile out of my way.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

that is a better idea

ty. Srsly, we need some more opinions on this.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Hiding would be a ton of work and I personally speak to tons of new people all the time. Presuming the hide button would be in my config options everytime I want to see a profile I'd have to switch my settings which is a no. If it were to hide individual people that would become tedious work for the coders. And also even if some peoples abouts are extremely annoying. There are some that I like. I tend to check the AP ranks on some peoples abouts and some people keep track of things I look at on abouts so I don't want to hide them all and have to change it every time!

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

Fine, we have differing opinions. That's y we need more opinions, i dont think my idea should just be completly ignored because u dont like it.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

Plus about this point, it would make profiles look cleaner, and u could see the person's picture, number ranking, AP, and badges all at the same time.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

And i wasnt going to suggest this at first, but how about both? So u could use either one? It starts out not hidden, and all it has is a text button that says "Hide About", so u dont HAVE to use it, and its not in ur way, it would be the size of all other text on the page. But if u WANT to use it, just click it and it saves the setting to ur computer. i like this idea, and i think many other ppl would too. And there's absolutely no reason we cant do both ideas. The button could be in a different place, and u can choose which one to use, or both.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

It makes a lot of sense, But the scrool box would have to be a substantial size. If it was the same size as the box on the control panel, that would drive me crazy.

Chaze100
Chaze100
479 posts
Peasant

I think there should be just an automatic feature like the Bottom of Page
thing that every1 has this should just automatically be on evry1s page

Chaze100

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

A button that sends you directly to the comments is going to be suggested to Dan. No more chat is needed! :P

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

There is an end button to the right of all the letters on the keyboard which will take you to the bottom of the comments. And some people are putting up links to the bottom of the page. So the button would be cool but uneeded.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

True, would be interesting tho.

Showing 61-75 of 82