ForumsSupport ForumAG: You need more stuff going on.

64 8177
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well as my thread below has shown. AG has not a lack of people online, to the contrary: it has tons online and willing to do stuff! Its just AG has nothing going for it. Sure there are games which is the point but people like interaction faster then 30 seconds to post, or atleast something more fun! Just a few facts about the thread. It was up for barely 50 minutes before lock(sorry ash I said 10-20 on comment, what was I thinking) and it got 52 comments, and so far has 268 views, which is more then 1 of the stickies and almost surpasses the other. Tons of people were willing to post and talk because they had nothing to do and didn't want to deal with long loading flash games yet still persisted to be on AG. I am probably one of few that are on too much and just wait for decent topics outside of the tavern and such to talk about yet nothing happens. I know we can't have chat(that's been made clear) but hopefully this thread opened some eyes. Considering this thread in 1 hour had as many views as something that's been up for probably a week or two(P.S. thread just got deleted) should show you we don't have a lack of enthusiasm or people but a lack of interaction and.. just stuff! Even if the stickies were up for just one day. The thread would have beaten it per views ratio by 24 times. If it was up for a week than it got destroyed by a big ratio of 168 times, and it would have kept going up probably if not for being deleted! So if you have any ideas to refresh AG a little maybe posting here would be a good idea. There are some good ideas like the really short games, games to go or whatever but maybe something that brings AG together instead of splitting us apart doing nothing. Some of us crave to do things that interact not separate. Well hopefully this comes across to someone!

That's all I have to say,

Klaushouse

• 64 Replies
Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

I highly agree AG needs an upgrade of sorts but IDK what.

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

how bout a chat system on AG like the one kongregate has or pictogame

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

It seems like your post was a big hit, then. We have tons of tools you guys can use here in these forums to interact. With the new forum games thread, you could start whatever mindless drivel you wanted, or maybe create a challenge on a game.
People come to us mods quite often asking if we'll help run little game tournaments or whatever and we're willing to do a whole lot if it means you guys having fun.
Ultimately this is a gaming website and friendships you make here can be carried on through instant messenger or even fan sites that several users have created. With a large community like this, you guys could accomplish way more than just a few mods and admins could!

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

There was a chat system, but it got badly abused. And it's not coming back, that's been made clear by the administrators and moderators. I bet they have nightmares about the evil chat system!

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

C'mon chat was removed for a reason! People please think.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yes chat is one thing that can't happen for some reasons. But if you put your heads together you can think of something I am sure! Unfortunately the evidence of such an eye opening thread is gone but the idea is not. And also I meant no trouble to the mods, but it was the only way to show how many people were actually on. Just WAITING for something. I am not doing this for attention, if anything this is just getting me closer to more bans. This is to help AG, cause sooner or later all the people waiting around for something will just leave thinking nothing will ever happen.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Well, it was more like 4 or 5 people posting like 10 times but, I get your point.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Nice job, KH. AG might become a better community because of this.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post but Mog posted while I was typing. But as a response you need to understand there is only so much we can do and just user made threads don't get that far as far as interactivity goes. This is the point of this. Why would you direct traffic away from the site with fan sites and chats and such. That will just lose your whole fanbase on AG. This thread isn't just to get mods to do things but to have the people too come up with ideas to really make this more of an interactive experience more than just something you do alone. Everyone doesn't want the trouble of dealing with instant messenger and wants it all to work on AG, that's the point of AG. They came here not to go on MSN but to do stuff here and seeing all these people, ideas must be delivered and things must go through instead of being put on some list to lie and rot there forever.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yea it does need an update.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Gee...this is almost exactly how I feel.

I am just waiting...waiting for something to happen...I have a small feeling that next month something big like the Switch disaster is going to happen....

True...AG does need something...more....I don't know what...just more...

KingRyan

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I am just waiting...waiting for something to happen...I have a small feeling that next month something big like the Switch disaster is going to happen....

Right...we ALL want another 'Switch Disaster' lol. It wasn't that bad, but it was something, I think we're talking more about positive activity, not negative LOL.
Plus that was a while ago, I think most people have forgotten, or don't know, perhaps we should start to have Annual Switch Drills, to make sure the community knows what they're doing when stuff like that happens...

Anyways, all I do is post on the forums really, and reply to messages, usually I find there are a lot of different contests that interest me, like the GFX Art Battles, Draw that Pokemon, that I attend, I don't really participate, I never win so there's not mch point anyways, but they're pretty funny and such. I think we need more contests, we have a lot, but we need more 'for fun' contests, not competative stuff like the GH3 Competition or things like that. Get what I mean? It's not all too big of an idea, nor grand, but it's a start =D
Maybe we just need more 'for fun' things period o_o

And I haven't seen any edward_orts or whatever his name is...nor any Future-Switch FallingUps...I think we're safe for a couple more months. Not to mention ANTISHOPS, wow.
KiLLaH1234567
KiLLaH1234567
248 posts
Nomad

Agreed...I guess.

darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

yes, i agree, we need like some sorta apdate, like a chat system

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

yes, i agree, we need like some sorta apdate, like a chat system

Oh here we go again...why don't people ever read? No offence to you, or ayone else for the matter, but wow....read the earlier posts to find out why we don't have one anymore and for the moment.

So uh...is anybody actually gonna give some suggestions as to what this 'update' shall consist of? Or are you all just agreeing with nothing in mind? Huh, that doesn't make sense Xo lol.
Showing 1-15 of 64