ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMazzelh?

591 113315
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Why, hello, ArmorGames Community.
Look what I have: a mazzelh sorceress. http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Fireball.jpg
Yeah, I'm just pleading for attention. And fyi, I did draw that myself, and I will punish anyone who steals my art.
Still... What do you gamer creatures think?

• 591 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

@ craker: Dude, like...ouch! xD

@ jpx111: All mazzelh hair reminds me of vegetation...it must be something to do with the fact they're...green...at any rate I modelled the tail tuft off the first one on this site on page 1. I just wanted something spikier to reflect character.

@ zophia: Haha, I've done fail on my own ref sheets too. Don't feel too bad about it.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

OMG, pure awesomeness... I LOVE IT! do they remind anyone else of neopets slightly though? Great Stuff Zophia, keep up the good work!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@crimsonblade and craker:
And that is my exact plan. But it's gonna take a while. One day there will be mazzelh plushies!

@Strop:
It happens. XD Was it enough of a reference for headshape and such?

@Pazx:
Thank you very much^^
I think the neopets resemblance is merely that they are cute and an "odd" colour.

@Everyone (wouldn't that be a cool username?):
I googled mazzelh... A lot of links to this thread and to the mazzelh account on DeviantART.com camne up, but also a link asking if I had meant to search for 'mazzel'... So I did. And I finally get these Jewish references you bring up!

Urban dictionary:
1) mazzel/mzzl

Taken from the Jewish word 'mazzeltov', the word literally means 'luck' or 'good luck'. Use of the word crossed over to various places where Jews settled, but especially Amsterdam where it is commonly used by everyone. It is used to describe that someone is lucky or to say goodbye (lit. wishing one the best of luck), just like 'bye' and 'later'.
"What a lucky bastard! He's got a lot of mazzel."
"I gotta go. I'll call you later. Mazzel!"

2) mazzel/mzzl

bye. cya. laters.
"i gotta go now...mzzl"

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yeah, the headshape is not that difficult, I just didn't add the appropriate lines because I got distracted with the hair.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

You are really good, Zophia. Personally, I would like to read more about them, but I suppose four pages is fine.

Also: I like you're new armatar. I think we should just follow Strop's example and find an armatar and never change.

I wanted to learn to draw once, but I wanted to for all the wrong reasons.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You can never go back from having an armatar, bwahahahahaaaaaa~

I wanted to learn to draw once, but I wanted to for all the wrong reasons.

Are you of impure heart!? xD
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Are you of impure heart!? xD

I mostly wanted to brag. And, it just didn't work for me. My art is words.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

My art is words.
Not with a keyboard. 8 WPM.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Strop:
Oh well, that happens.

@Xzeno:
Thank you^^ And some day there will be more~ Until then you can just ask me stuff, then I'll try to answer.

And I think I will stick with my current armatar, I haven't seen it used by anyone else yet, so it's unique enough *is too used to customizable avatars* to not annoy me~ Unless we can talk AG into getting mazzelh armatars, but that's unlikely.

What wrong reasons?

Mazzelh sleeping positions
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Mazzelh%20for%20AG/1186486533zophia_48-2.jpg
They most often just flop onto their side or curl up.

And I will be offline for a while, gotta leave the internet connection to pack some stuff - I is moving. But I will get back to you all soon!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Woa, you guys triple ninja'ed me. . .

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

What wrong reasons?

I mostly wanted to brag. And, it just didn't work for me. My art is words.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah, saw it you ninja. :P Bragging is a bad thing to draw for... Anywhos! Offline me~
Please keep yourself mazzelhy entertained here while I'm gone~

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

My point exactly.
Well, I'd like to learn more about Mezzelh culture, such as government and art.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well then you will need to wait until Zophia comes up with a story for all of that.The plan is to eventually have a site up,and a store for them,but first she needs to finish with the background on how they work and interact,etc.The point is even she may not know yet exactly how all of that works,plus she will be gone for a little while so you will have to wait either way for quite a bit.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

i tried opening your mazzelh thingy in my notepad. . . . .yeah, it just showed a ton of code instead of a description of the little guys. . . .halp?!

Showing 286-300 of 591