ForumsSupport ForumSupport Points

68 7668
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Support Points are in way your exact standings on the site. Every user start with 50 points and can get up 100 points.

100 SP- AG Gaurdian, has special priveledges, is a respected member. other benefits
0 SP-banned, this self explantory

Support points reflect what you do on the site
-s
1.spam
2.Flaming
3.Necroposting
4.Trolling
5.Vague post, comments
Anything that harms the site.

+s
1.Helpful Posts
2.Making unique and high quality suggestions
3. Being an active member.
4. Following rules.

Will add more, suggestions will be taken and can be made here.
[b]I know this may increase spam but it will be temporary and people will soon learn unless they want to loose all their SP and get banned.

• 68 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

100 SP- AG Gaurdian, has special priveledges, is a respected member. other benefits

Could you list a few?

I am not against this idea, but I don't highly encourage it either.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

How would someone get these points?If any regular user could give them points then you know what the issues with that would be."OMG MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS!!!!!!" Do you understand what I am saying?Anyways if only mods can give points then maybe.It all depends on how it would be implemented.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I think it should be only issued to mods giving them out. But that would give mods more things to do, thus making them even busier. not recommended.

chibilin
chibilin
131 posts
Nomad

i like the idea but will take too much time

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Guardians can preview new games, edit posts, you'll have little sword icon next your post showing you have guardian rank, have an option to submit a avatar for approval to use, mods still have accept it.
Their won't be too many guardians and if people use this rank they'll simply loose and become a regular member. SP reflect how your are as member what you contribute what you don't, if you(in general, not you firetail) wanna keep spamming it will show and you'll be banned eventually, hackers might lose up to 40 at a time.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Wow this is a pretty good idea I'll say but I think you should be able to go past 100 SP so if you lose them you will still have over 100.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

How would someone get these points?If any regular user could give them points then you know what the issues with that would be."OMG MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS!!!!!!" Do you understand what I am saying?Anyways if only mods can give points then maybe.It all depends on how it would be implemented.

No one gives SP, it would coded in like AP, that would extremely careless to let other members give each SP, becuase then spammers would get together and give themselves tons! No you carve your own path your posts and what do controls your SP, its like a reflection of everything you do at AG.
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Wow this is a pretty good idea I'll say but I think you should be able to go past 100 SP so if you lose them you will still have over 100.

Yeah perhaps you have 150 so even guardian are allowed some mistakes.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

1.spam
2.Flaming
3.Necroposting
4.Trolling
5.Vague post, comments

If you say the system counts it, I don't think the system could identify any of this. Actually the system can't do anything but count. Thats thow AP works. If the system could do those things, cpam would be stopped once and for all. The only things that could identify one fomr another is a person, no a program or anything.
mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

It's a good idea. When I used to go on a forum site waaaay back we had a thing like this called Karma.

Why don't you make it so that you can only give out SP once per hour? The rule of only mods handing it out is smart also.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This has been brought up before(by me), still a good idea though but the problem is a whole new system would take way too much work to make, and the site was just remodeled a few months ago so they won't be thinking about remaking it anytime soon!

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I have agree with plokkey this would take a lot of coding to make, or many extra mods just to carry this out.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Your idea is pretty much the classic Fame power. It is one of those things that all the sites have. As we all know by now if we are the old members is that Armor Games does not want to look like copiers of a site. This is still a very smart idea Drognor. It might even be good enough for Armor Games not to care it's cliche and use it.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

This has been brought up before(by me), still a good idea though but the problem is a whole new system would take way too much work to make, and the site was just remodeled a few months ago so they won't be thinking about remaking it anytime soon!

I brought this up a while ago under community ranking, but I guess it was underdeveloped and bad timing since I got 0 responses.
Shane1354
Shane1354
112 posts
Nomad

If you say the system counts it, I don't think the system could identify any of this. Actually the system can't do anything but count. Thats thow AP works. If the system could do those things, cpam would be stopped once and for all. The only things that could identify one fomr another is a person, no a program or anything.

Well maybe the mods would have to see it for them to get the points or lose them.
Showing 1-15 of 68