ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490353
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I play in the local community orchestra. But the main point is while most of you were sleeping ArmorGames mysteriously vanished, leaving me high and dry!

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

What do you play?
Local, where? (hee hee hee. MUAHAHAHAAA)

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Savorath:
Having a Mac doesn't mean being unable to install image editing programs - I have a version of GIMP running via X11, and my Photoshop Elements 2.0 is working perfectly.
I've actually heard something about Macs being better for graphic work~

Anyways, that is a pretty dang neat suit, that.
Though it seems like it's getting sloppier and sloppier towards the edges? (I'm assuming that's on purpose.)
Very nice way of capturing the metallic shine. So much better than what I can do... *stares and attempts to adopt skill*

*pats Strop* That was - odd? Hopefully it won't go evil on you again, lots of people seem to be very interested in knowing who wins.
Until then, just go back some pages and enjoy the entries~

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Er...Mentorso....Strop is a Victorian Bogan. He lives in a state in Australia that is filled with bogans. (BTW this is revenge)

What instrument do you play Strop>

KIngryan

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

LAWL, digoree do's are teh awesome (did I spell that right?).

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

LOL! Just because we live in Australia doesn't mean we play didgeridoos!

KingRyna

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

grrrrr, I'm going to crap on you from a huge height for your entry this week for that, Kingryan!!!

Anyway, just to let you all know. I'm writing the judging post now.

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

I wish I could make some, I have no flash or gimp though. =(

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hehehe....oops...does that means I lose more than normal! How can you come worse than last?

KingRyan

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Sorry for the double post, but I only saw the ^^ comment after I had posted mine.

GIMP is a free program available on the net!

KingRyan

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

If anyone knows links to a flash or some related program please post link.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Here, this is where to get GIMP...

http://www.gimp.org/

KingRyan

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

Is it for the mac?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Umm....I am unsure about that, since I am PC user myself. You may have to ask someone who has one...I think Zophia has a Mac...

Sorry I can't help...

KignRyan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh you'll see Ryan, you'll see.

Showing 556-570 of 6854