ForumsArt, Music, and WritingExposed

974 183061
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Zophia poked me to make a thread. I know this will die off quickly, but I guess I could just show off some work in progress, and what I have managed to do by combining MsPaint and GIMP.

The first one is the outline. It is done in MsPaint, since GIMP was acting up.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Unavngivet.gif

The next two is the coloured result, both coloured in GIMP (It was acting okay again)
The difference is the outline. The upper one is with the original outline:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2.jpg

With this one I copied the outline and blured it. So the original outline is on top, the next layer is blured, and then the colour come:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li.jpg

The last one here is what I will think of as the conclusion. A gradient layer from GIMP, smudged out and adjusted, again with the smudge tool. The lazy solution, I know.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2-1.jpg

Work in progress, right? I do not know if I am going to make it any better.

• 974 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

How'd I do?

Shouldn't you know that yourself..? /tired

He looks kind if...realistic?

Like how? He's just older and... Older.

The eyebrow looks a little thick, and it kind of goes over the hair... Akwardish...

Well, t is my first real drawing for a long time, so...
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Shouldn't you know that yourself..? /tired

Get some sleep and stop using your awesome artistic talent. Please.

Like how? He's just older and... Older.

His cheekbones make him look more realistic. Guess that's just from wrinkles.

Well, t is my first real drawing for a long time, so...

Glad to hear that your doing some more arty stuff again. Still need some sleep though. Or your art will be fail. Forever. Like in those scary my space bulletins...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Get some sleep and stop using your awesome artistic talent. Please.

Butsonly 5:38 am here?? *blinks oddly*

His cheekbones make him look more realistic. Guess that's just from wrinkles.

Oh, yeah, cheekbone.. He haz. And by older I mean between 60 and 90 years older, nothing much.
He is having his birthday commin up soon... *another odd blink*

Glad to hear that your doing some more arty stuff again. Still need some sleep though. Or your art will be fail. Forever. Like in those scary my space bulletins...

Should I know what you just said??...?
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Butsonly 5:38 am here?? *blinks oddly*

Oh yeah...Waiiiiiit......

Oh, yeah, cheekbone.. He haz. And by older I mean between 60 and 90 years older, nothing much.
He is having his birthday commin up soon... *another odd blink*

Poor Kai. Back problems start kicking in then. I can hear the "OOOOoooh"'s from here.

Should I know what you just said??...?

No I'm tired to, and have been chatting with Jocee on myspace for like an hour.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh yeah...Waiiiiiit......

*totally innocent*

Poor Kai. Back problems start kicking in then. I can hear the "OOOOoooh"'s from here.

Well, it is before he gets his eye back and stuff, no backproblems, but I think he is missing a finger or two at that point.

No I'm tired to, and have been chatting with Jocee on myspace for like an hour.

Ah, okay.

Aw, the 15. is a Sunday.... Then I need to get up the next morning = =
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Acanthus2copy.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, f
Texture used:
CGTextures
Acanthus (C) White Wolf /Mage; the Awakening

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Haha, I just wanna say, the first thing that popped in to my head when I saw this was...
"YUUUUGIIIIIIIOOOHHHHHHHH"

Yeah, hahaha. But its still really good. You're not bad at the coloring and shading stuff. You're really good. Uhhh right?

*cant remember anything*

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Hehhe....
He is an Acanthus, the mages of Fate and Time (card and clock)
This work should also be know as "Cen, you ****! Go to bed, you idiot!!", "Never ever drinking again, please??!", "That does not look like Kai?!" and "Why do I have keyboardmarks on my face...". Or, now: "YUUUUGIIIIIIIOOOHHHHHHHH"

But I like Acanthus better.

Oh, forgot one: "Cen, you *******, stop drawing when you are hungover! IT IS NOT MANGA/CARTOONSTYLE!!!"

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Well I'm sure you have heard of Yu-Gi-Oh, but yeah, in case you haven't
Look here

That pose look kinda familiar? xD Yuuuugiiiiiohhhhhh.

And yeah, isn't it like 5:20am? Go to bed. haha

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well, it is before he gets his eye back and stuff, no backproblems, but I think he is missing a finger or two at that point.
I cringed.

Posted Feb 1, '09 at 11:12pm
Cenere

Cen, that's 5:12 am in the morning. Could you please not go to bed that late so we can chat just a little during the day? Though I suppose it's okay since I have school, but... Yeah. Let's both start going to bed at regular hours, ne?

And I find that dude's face rather interesting. Nice drawing~
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I cringed.

Remember the list? Of injuries, that is? *crappy smile*

That pose look kinda familiar? xD Yuuuugiiiiiohhhhhh.

Vaguely, but on the other hand, no. I knew yu-gi-oh and though you had found something that just screamed "TRACER-CEN!!". A lottle worried here, especially because I do not draw like that very often, but I guess... I forgot where I was going with this.
Believe in the heart of the card!!

Cen, that's 5:12 am in the morning. Could you please not go to bed that late so we can chat just a little during the day? Though I suppose it's okay since I have school, but... Yeah. Let's both start going to bed at regular hours, ne?

Promise! I have school to attend to from tomorrow, and I feel really crappy during the day, but I just needed to get that finished, so I hope it is okay *pwuppyeyes*

And I find that dude's face rather interesting. Nice drawing~

I like face. Face is good. The only place where the shadows are nice, and I think I did a decent job. Should probably post the non-multiplied art.
Okay~

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Acanthuscopy.jpg
Sooo briiight *_*
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Vaguely, but on the other hand, no. I knew yu-gi-oh and though you had found something that just screamed "TRACER-CEN!!". A lottle worried here, especially because I do not draw like that very often, but I guess... I forgot where I was going with this.

No no no no. Not what I meant. I know you don't trace, and I wasn't trying to accuse you of it. Its just it reminded me of yugioh so I looked for something similar to the pose. D: No trace no traceee!

You're an amazing artist, .You are far toooo good for tracing. I love your art Cen!
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You're an amazing artist, .You are far toooo good for tracing. I love your art Cen!

I will be amazed by the: I love your art Cen! .

I can still feel like I am the crappiest of all artists, right? Okay, good.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I can still feel like I am the crappiest of all artists, right? Okay, good.

Uh no. You're not allowed to. The sad face was there because I felt like crap for making you feel like crap. So no, you cant feel like the crappiest of all artists. Or even a crappy artist, because you are far from it. So put a smile on.
Showing 361-375 of 974