ForumsArt, Music, and WritingExposed

974 183064
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Zophia poked me to make a thread. I know this will die off quickly, but I guess I could just show off some work in progress, and what I have managed to do by combining MsPaint and GIMP.

The first one is the outline. It is done in MsPaint, since GIMP was acting up.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Unavngivet.gif

The next two is the coloured result, both coloured in GIMP (It was acting okay again)
The difference is the outline. The upper one is with the original outline:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2.jpg

With this one I copied the outline and blured it. So the original outline is on top, the next layer is blured, and then the colour come:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li.jpg

The last one here is what I will think of as the conclusion. A gradient layer from GIMP, smudged out and adjusted, again with the smudge tool. The lazy solution, I know.
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/li2-1.jpg

Work in progress, right? I do not know if I am going to make it any better.

• 974 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Not now, maybe later, though. Getting late again, and I have school and stuff tomorrow.

Okay, is it just me, ot do that guy's face look like Anakin's from the Clone Wars toonie? O_<

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

and u said this would die off quickly i like ur work

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Aha! I see a resemblance. Even though I was never a fan of that cartoon, I love star wars! xD

With the lightning and the force and the lightsabers. Ahhh good childhood memories. ^^

I used to go out in my backyard and pretend I was Anakin. [/random]

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Looks like a missed a load. lol. YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I remember those cards.... Awesome.

I liked the less detailed one a little better. I can't really put my finger on why... And Cen, you do not suck, you are a freaking beast. At art. And stuff. Yeah.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*throws art at thread* WTF IS WRONG WITH MY STYLE THESE DAYS D:<
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/lalala.jpg

and u said this would die off quickly

It did die, I just happened to zombiefy it > >..
And thanks.

@Cholo: I find it a little weird. ANd I happen to have become nerdish about it last autumn, so I am a newb. But lightsabers are the coolest weapon I have ever seen. Almost.

I liked the less detailed one a little better. I can't really put my finger on why... And Cen, you do not suck, you are a freaking beast. At art. And stuff. Yeah.

The bright one? Hmm.
And Strop says I am downplaying myself to make people like me/my art... So I just probably just stop, so I can prove him wrong.
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

WTF IS WRONG WITH MY STYLE THESE DAYS D:<

Not much, it's like a million times better than mine. *goes art emo*

The shading on that pic is awesome. But whats up with the eyes? Is he a zombie? Is he unfinished? Is it due to the laziness that most of us here on AG have?
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I like it. He kinda looks depressed, or bored. But yeah, the shading is sweet.

Cen, if you are having trouble coming up with things, just take a day or two off. I get like that, I will run dry on idea's and stop for a week, then when I start back up they come to me like nothing.

I find it a little weird. ANd I happen to have become nerdish about it last autumn, so I am a newb. But lightsabers are the coolest weapon I have ever seen. Almost.

Yeah, I have moments where I'm watching it, for like the 20th time, and say to myself "Dang, that's weird." Always at the same points. The aliens in it are so... overplayed? No... over thought. But I still love it.

And almost? Whats the best one you have ever seen? Sting from The Lord of the Rings? Its just a sword that glows blue when it senses orcs are near.

But whats up with the eyes? Is he a zombie? Is he unfinished? Is it due to the laziness that most of us here on AG have?

Maybe he just has gray eyes.
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Maybe he just has gray eyes.

Always a possibility.

And almost? Whats the best one you have ever seen? Sting from The Lord of the Rings? Its just a sword that glows blue when it senses orcs are near.

I think the coolest weapon ever would be Riptide, from the Percy Jackson books. Ballpoint pen-sword. Awesome

Cen, if you are having trouble coming up with things, just take a day or two off. I get like that, I will run dry on idea's and stop for a week, then when I start back up they come to me like nothing.

Amen.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

And Strop says I am downplaying myself to make people like me/my art... So I just probably just stop, so I can prove him wrong.

Note though that inactivity on a thread generally leads to it remaining inactive! For example my own thread.

So be careful not to conflate the two >
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Replies later, maybe..

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/bah.jpg

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Huh... Funny so similar that one is to a painting I'm in the middle of...
Ne...

You can haz Kai?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well, better remove it then. No reasdon for me to copy you..

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

i like writing completely sensless things =D

I just noticed...

Not much, it's like a million times better than mine. *goes art emo*

Try going to Dev, and go through their popular of the last 24 hours... That is something to go art emo about.

The shading on that pic is awesome. But whats up with the eyes? Is he a zombie? Is he unfinished? Is it due to the laziness that most of us here on AG have?

Actually Cenere (the character whom the name belong to) has greyish blue eyes, and well, this guy seem to have as well. Missing shading is just lack of caring for the picture.

I like it. He kinda looks depressed, or bored.

Bored, most likely.

I am not art blocking, I am WTFstyle!ing.

Nah, more likely just a basic one handed, double edge sword.

Note though that inactivity on a thread generally leads to it remaining inactive! For example my own thread.

I meant downplaying myself - -
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Try going to Dev, and go through their popular of the last 24 hours... That is something to go art emo about.

Meh, I go to the underdogs on devart instead of the other guys. I'm surprised you haven't gotten the popular spot on at least one of those.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Thanks~ Actually I have been wondering too, mainly because I think I have improved, but well, I have a low number of watchers, I think that might be it.

Because Strop have a hard to remember who is who (alignmentwise), I just had to do this:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/ceka.jpg
Lawful Good versus Chaotic Neutral. As Zophia mentioned, we should all be happy Kai isn't Chaotic evil.
And no, Cenere has no sense of fashion... Selective colourblind too, I think.

Showing 376-390 of 974