ForumsThe TavernIron Ranks

83 15262
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alright, I don't know why, but it's bothering me that everyone who's posting the ranks write wood/silver/gold whatever rank.
It's not silver, it's iron.
No, this doesn't really matter, I'm just wondering why so many are making that mistake.

Try holding your cursor over one of the iron ranks. A little sign with the text 'Iron - rankname' should pop up.

Why does people think it's silver?

I doubt this topic has been made before, as there's probably not a lot who cares... Sorry if it has.
Just tell me what you think about this, before this thread dies.

• 83 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

well, thankyou for bringing this up... Iron makes more sense anyways...

I care

People see gold and instinctively think silver is the lesser rank, it's natural unless your a perfectionist or a observant person.

~!

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

alot of people think its silver, because thats what makes sense. people are used to the ranks gold, silver, and bronze. However on this site, bronze was replaced by wood, and people adapted to it. but with the silver/iron contraversy, people cannot get used to "iron" instead of silver, becasue the 2 symbols look so much aliike.

dnguyen
dnguyen
614 posts
Nomad

yeah, a lot of people said silver instead of iron

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

Hmm.. I didn't realize that. I think it's because the background of the things are like shiny, if it were to look like iron, it should be more dull.

lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

well i agree just look at the iron lord symbol and it definantly ooks like silver

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Actually the iron is less shiny than the gold - it's kinda hard to notice, but I'm used to working with shading and such... The shadow is more gray, and darker too.
There once were a thread suggesting we replaced wood with bronze to make it fit with silver and gold - it died after the secret of the iron was revealed.
I think it is worth correcting those places around the site where it is - it's another of those little things that makes AG unique.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Lots of people have the rankings on their profile, it annoys me when I see silver. I reckon it does make sense as silver but if you look closely it's more a iron colour. Because I'm a iron knight look closly at my rank colour. The iron is almost the same colour as the armour. Ha!

That raises the question, why iron? Why not some other metal?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, when I cam on here, i saw every one say "silver" So I just figured they were right! So...Iblame every one else. lol

PrettyPro
PrettyPro
278 posts
Nomad

it looks like silver but it is iron to me i thought it was silver...
... ahahaha i was rong

zanderthaw
zanderthaw
418 posts
Nomad

i never thought of it being iron it makes more sence when it silver.how do you know its realy iron?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

That raises the question, why iron? Why not some other metal?

Good question. I guess it just falls in thread with the brown/gray/yellow thing ranks often have going? And it suits the rest of the whole knights and armor theme?

@fst6:
Ohhh, shaaame on Carlie. :P
It's iron! But it's a minor detail...
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@zanderthaw:

Try holding your cursor over one of the iron ranks. A little sign with the text 'Iron - rankname' should pop up.

Same way a 'Wood - rankname' or 'Gold - rankname' pops up over the others.
And it actually does make more sense with iron, since it goes from wood to gold... Silver is way to valuable to fit in the middle of that gap.
PrettyPro
PrettyPro
278 posts
Nomad

WAIT
i agree wit fst6 Charlie is relly impartant hrer i belve here

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@PrettyPro:
Yes, Carlie is the community manager, but that does not prevent her from making a simple and easy mistake.
As I've already pointed out, the evidence for the rank being called iron is implemented in the little images. Check it out for yourself.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

But fst6, the site itself says iron.
And if you go through the last ten pages of Support and Suggestions, I'm sure you can find that thread where someone suggested we made the wood bronze instead...

Showing 1-15 of 83