ForumsWEPRShould Animals Have Rights? Why?

309 59476
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Should animals have any rights? If you answer please explain.

• 309 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Hmm, I see. Would be nice to go hunting myself, but I have no time nor license or a place to do it...

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

it's a lot of fun if you do it ethically and humanely. there are people who hunt just to kill the animal which is wrong. last season i say a guy walking through the woods with the head of an eight point. he killed the deer and cut off the head as a trophy and left the body to rot. i called the game commision but there was nothing they could do because i didn't get his licence plate number. also i know people who don't aim properly and i a deer is ahot in the stomache instead of the heart or lungs that animal will suffer for days. always look for a clean kill.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

also i forgot to ask why you can't hunt. do you live in the city? do you have a shotgun or rifle? does anyone in your family hunt? close friends?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Those people should not be allowed to hunt. I had a - friend, who did not want to eat a deer (at a feast/dance). I really could not understand, since she was that kind of kid, who would have the family house full of trophies...

I live in the city, and really have no time to go hunting (studies). My father have taken me out to hunt when I was younger, and I have done some shooting at the local club, sallon rifle and air rifle, and one of the 50 meter rifles too.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I think nothing should be killed unless it is going to feed you, clothe you, or help you survive in some way. I find hunting just for fun, gross. Why would you kill a deer thats in the middle of its lunch for fun?? If you want a target, go to a shooting range.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think nothing should be killed unless it is going to feed you, clothe you, or help you survive in some way. I find hunting just for fun, gross. Why would you kill a deer thats in the middle of its lunch for fun?? If you want a target, go to a shooting range.
Agreed 100%.
As for people who hunt for a tasty meal or two(...), I guess that is okay if they know how to perform the kill. It's better than some of the mass produced stuff where the industrializing means harder terms for the animals...
Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Ya I agree with that too. If you are going to eat meat, then something has to be killed no matter what, so It might as well be something that had a happy life, and if you kill it properly its okay.

tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

I bought my licence for about $45. with this licence i also bought an archery licence, migratory bird licence, a doe tag, and a bear tag. If i harvest a buck, a doe, a few pheasant and/or grouse, and a bear (which i haven't killed yet) i wouldn't have to buy any meat product from the supermarket for about 6 months. buying that much meat would cost hundreds of dollars, but i got just as much for about the cost of my licence. poeple who hunt for this purpose have the right to do so.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

poeple who hunt for this purpose have the right to do so.
Agreed, if they know how to kill humanely (aka quickly).
But... You eat bear meat? Zomg?
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

there are a lot of people who haven't taken the hunter's safety courses either. i took mine and i have always followed proper hunting edaquate(sp?). plus anyone who hunts just to kill something and watch it die, then leave the carcus to go to waste is just one twisted, sick S.O.B.

ps. bear tastes like cow but very pure and clean. if you think about it the cows we eat are fed very disguisting things on cattle farms. the same with chickens and pigs. a deer, bear, or pheasant eats only organic, natural foods found in the wild. they are much healthier for you also.

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

plus anyone who hunts just to kill something and watch it die, then leave the carcus to go to waste is just one twisted, sick S.O.B.

I hate hunting I really do. I just don't see the need for it in a civilized society. I'm a vegetarian and I hate guns. But, and I hate to agree with a hunter, as long as you are killing it quickly, absolutely not letting it suffer at all, not killing endangered animals, and using every bit of it then I really can't find a fault. After all the Native Americans did it but of course they didn't have super markets. At the very least it's better then drunken red necks shooting stuff for fun from a helicopter. Killing for fun is disturbing and killing something to leave the carcass on the ground is just an insult.
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

holy hell, i think its the first time i've ever heard a reasonable vegetarian. most are so cold and close-minded. i agree with Kris 100%. i need to put his on my calander. good job Kris, your the man!

kris1027
kris1027
506 posts
Nomad

good job Kris, your the man!

While I appreciate the sentiment, I do indeed lack the one instrument it truly takes to be a man.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

While I appreciate the sentiment, I do indeed lack the one instrument it truly takes to be a man.
Sorry for being off-topic, but LOL!

And fascinating about that bear-meat. I'll still stay a vegetarian, though. Just can't think of flesh as edible.
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

i dont think animals shouldnt have rights because they arent intelligent like us. they also have never contributed to society. the day i hear an animal can talk give em rights

Showing 106-120 of 309