ForumsGamesIf Pokemon actually existed...

495 87924
Gregbyte
Gregbyte
1,053 posts
Nomad

I know the cartoon of Pokemon is pretty bad but the games are great but you have to admit, a world where Pokemon existed would be pretty cool. Comments people? I'm not saying it should be like that, just that it'd be cool if it were. Also, feel free to talk about the games and asking for trades here.

• 495 Replies
wowmstr13
wowmstr13
81 posts
Nomad

I agree with Cenere on Lugia

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@ShintetsuWA:
Shunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the fourth gen! SHUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-A!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know the fourth gen was ridiculed. Why, again?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Not ridiculed.. Hated with a good heart. Most pokemon fans have a little problem with the newest generation, because it seems like the creators have pressed themselves to make some new ones up, just for making them up. They are not that original, a little ugly, only have four fire pokemon, where the three of them is the starter and its evolutions...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Oh, that... Yeah I can see where you're going with that. I just hate them because I think they are running out of ideas for what the new pokemon are going to look like.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Exactly... It feels like thay have to, even though most of us are totally fine with the first two or even three generations.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It would be so much better if they added variations to the existing ones instead...

Worst thing about the fourth gen is the amount of legendaries. Suddenly so many ancient creatures we hae never heard about before? Ridiculous.
I actually like several of the fourth gens after having seen them "interact" with creatures from the first three, but it's only the little "commoners" that make sense.

And they rally flunked out on the designs.

Anyway, that is technically off topic. Sorry.

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

Yeah i really hate that now there are a bunch of legendaries and would just make any kind of pokemon for the new seasons. I wish they could think of some great ones. Sorry for going off topic.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

The love of legendaries:
Lugia, the guardian of the balance, Moltres, Godess of fire, Articuno, Godess of water or Ice, Zapdos, God of air and energy.
Ho-oh, protecter, the pokemon for luck and peace.
Mew, peacelover, the child. (Mewtwo is the opposite, the adult, the serious, the hating)
Groudon is the ancient God of earth, the fury of mother earth, Kyogre the Godess to counter him, being water, life.
Celebi, the voice of the forest, not a godess but more a spirit of the forest.
Jirachi, wishing star, sleeping.
Rayquaza, lord of the air, protecting the world from harm.
Suicune, purity, Entei, trust, Raikou, passion.
Last, the siblings, the guardians of the city they live in.

I think many would consider more common pokemon to be legendary too. Absol is mythical, a destroyer and yet a protecter, showing itself when disasters will occur.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Don't get me wrong, Zophia, I don't mean to offend Great Lord Mewtwo, but because of the X's asexual reproduction, there are no fewer then ten MT-X... Oops! Wrong game. But yes there is only one Mewtwo, and he is the greatest of them all.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Deoxys?
Hmm. That's actually a fair bit of very nice symbolism.

So I guess, if pokemons were real, and we had religions based on the legendaries, we would most likely be polytheistic?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well, some of use would be mewtwothistic, but yes.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It would be a small bit of Hinduism there, save for the part of humans reincarnating. Hinduism is the main polytheistic religion, so pokemon can be compared to that.

Who are the siblings that are guardians? If you are talking pokemon in general, I don't think they are guardians, it depends on whoever is the trainer for them to develop their personalities. Most pokemon have their own personalities, but with trainers, they slowly shift their personalities to theirs.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Yeah i really hate that now there are a bunch of legendaries and would just make any kind of pokemon for the new seasons. I wish they could think of some great ones.

Palkia and Dialga weren't that bad, they were completely original in my eyes, if you think about it because the legendaries are supposed to be, legendaries o_o The only way they wouldn't be original is if they copied another pokemon and/or used the same symbolism as another legendary.

There were a lot in Diamond & Pearl.

So I guess, if pokemons were real, and we had religions based on the legendaries, we would most likely be polytheistic?

Assuming we worship them. In the show and stuff they don't do that so much(well not all of them but a good majority don't). We could be against the legendaries, like how some people are against Satan while others are against God(just example). We would probably be the same way and there would be controversy over who was the true greater god, rather than all of them.
Wolf_fang_13
Wolf_fang_13
41 posts
Nomad

uhhh that would suck.

Showing 271-285 of 495