ForumsWEPRIs there... A heaven? Have we been put down here for something?

113 22826
megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I sometimes feel afraid that when I die I won't go anywhere. I'll just dissapear forever. And I stay up sometimes for a very long time scared that I won't go anywhere. And why were we put down here? There is no reason I can figure this out. My mom says that we were put down here for understanding of gods creations. But all that I realy see is just work and sleep. She also said that we have been put down here to enjoy gods beauty. That is my biggest fesr of all. I'm just scared, just scared.

• 113 Replies
megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I sometimes feel like ending my fear.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Live life for what it is and know you will get what you deserve in the end.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

well, if you're a Christian, you shouldn't worry about death, because you know that there's a heaven and eternal life. if you're not, well this is the moment to ask yourselves questions about what you believe in...

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

If you mean ending your life by "ending my fear", then I advise you to resist such feelings.
there's always a point in your existence. You must find it out and live for it!!

nobody should ever think about suicide

DarkSoul
DarkSoul
211 posts
Nomad

i hope we have an after life i always ask myself wut will happen after we die will it be pitch blak and well never exist again?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Just like the rest of the animals on this planet, we have a few main goals: Eat, drink, fornicate and be merry.

Only the timeline of the whole planet, one single human life is about equal to one of our house flys. Just a very small blip on the radar.

I really do not understand why people put so much thought into this subject. Regardless of whether or not there is an afterlife of any sort, just enjoy life for all it is. So just incase there is not an after life you got your fill of thrills, chills and spills while you had a chance.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Devoidless, this is the "Carpe diem" credology

Obviously megarock81, you have a crossroad in front of you. You can choose different paths and every single one of them will lead you to a different kind of life:
-Firstly, you can choose to continue living like you do, in the fear. You'll thenmost probably be unsatisfied and unhappy with your life
-You can choose to live for something wich you beleive in, either for eternal life if you're a christian, or as devoidless said you might want to "have fun" because you hve only one life.

I won't try to influence you, even though i sincerely believ that death is not the end, but it's only a new beginning... but this is my personal point of view

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The phrase "Carpe Cerevisi" also fits into my whole idea.

Even though I do not believe in reincarnation, I would like to think in my previous life I was a Greek smart-ass. Who enjoyed his wine, women and wrestling. Yes, my previous. I got lazy and slept for almost a couple of thousand or of of years.

But if I did believe in an life after death, I would choose reincarnation. Because I want to be an ornery badger in my next life.

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

Devoid less thats really silly. And not in a good way. As a Christian myself, i know where i am going after death. And frankly i am not afraid to die. I just hope that you will see life as much more than just living it day by day. There is a greater purpose in life. And choosing to believe in something is an excellent choice to do in a life.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Why is that better than just choosing to better yourself because you want to? I know that my life will have a negligible impact on the world, and none on the universe, but if I can do things that I enjoy, I don't have to worry about death either. Death doesn't matter that much, since you won't exist anymore. I think believing in an afterlife gives people a false sense of meaning. If your life is a wreck you shouldn't be able to say to yourself "Well at least the afterlife will be better."

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Hey! Look. Someone agrees with me! In a way. Awesomeness.

SwitchFoot, how would you like it if I called you ideas very silly because invest so much of your life devoted to a religion and worrying whether or not you were to heaven? Or if you are going to burn in hell and get fed slug stew by an imp for the rest of time?

Well, I do not. Because that would be bad mojo for me.

No one should be afraid to die, since it is unavoidlabe. Death comes to everyone and everything that is alive. Unless you are Elvis. Or Tupac. They are still alive, prolly in the Bermuda Triangle.

megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I have gotten some of it off my mind lately and I am glad for that. But I really don't want to spend life in fear. I don't want to go anywhere blank. But I do believe in Jesus. But if adam and eve were white then how were well blacks created? I also know that everyone is connected in this world.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Adam and Eve weren't white... they weren't real. The creation story was just a way to explain things to people who knew much less about the world than we do today. And if you do believe the creation story, there are interpretations of how black people were "created" (although in my opinion it's about the most offensive thing I've ever heard).
As far as being scared of going somewhere "blank" you really don't know if you want to not exist. I mean, you didn't exist before you were born, and that wasn't so bad, was it? Heck, I bet you don't even remember what it was like to not exist.
As far as everyone being connected, I'm just not sure what that means. I suppose the internet connects us, thanks to Al Gore Ohhhh, maybe we should worship him!!

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

lol moe
im a christian but i really got no clue where im goin when i hit the bucket. it would be cool if there was an afterlife but..im not gona kill myself to find out..or i could just die and rot away. i think its kinda neat to think about topics like this but you should never fear whats to come. unless your about to be raped or somin then run for your life.
=)

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I guess I don't completely understand why people get so caught up in being worried about what'll happen after death. I used to worry about it when I was Christian, but now that I've realized that those beliefs are irrational and illogical, I actually have lost all of that worry, too.

As I've said before in other threads, I think we "go" to the place that we were 200 years ago - nowhere. No consciousness, no existence, etc...no worries.

Showing 1-15 of 113