ForumsWEPRIs there... A heaven? Have we been put down here for something?

113 22823
megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I sometimes feel afraid that when I die I won't go anywhere. I'll just dissapear forever. And I stay up sometimes for a very long time scared that I won't go anywhere. And why were we put down here? There is no reason I can figure this out. My mom says that we were put down here for understanding of gods creations. But all that I realy see is just work and sleep. She also said that we have been put down here to enjoy gods beauty. That is my biggest fesr of all. I'm just scared, just scared.

• 113 Replies
chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

No, a cause is the event that starts a happening, but a reason is why it happens. The boat is sinking. The cause is an iceberg, but the reson it is sinking is because of the hole the iceberg made, along the physics.

Grantius
Grantius
45 posts
Nomad

Well... I really wasn't trying to talk to anybody besides megarock81, but I guess if you all are talking to me I might say something back... Actually, let me rephrase just a bit for your sakes. I'm speaking of purpose. I'm saying that purpose is behind everything. If there was no purpose, we would not exist. What, exactly, that purpose is is generally what confuses people. Many people believe that our purpose is simply an animal one, to survive and reproduce. I don't think anyone's ever been satisfied with that though. People are generally in some sort of pursuit of happiness or fulfillment, whether it be through love, their career, their religion, or whatever. I personally believe that men are that they might have joy. I'm not saying that to get in a debate about it, I'm just saying that it's what I believe. It seems to me that our friend megarock81 has come to a point in his life where he is beginning to doubt his purpose. And... I really don't want to go shoving my religious beliefs down his or anyones throats, but I guess I do have a pretty solid belief in my purpose. I don't know. If anyone feels like asking me more, do it on my profile. I'm not likely to look at the forums very often.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Nice reply Grantius

megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

What should my attention be centered on?

megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

Could we just be part of a dream that god has thought up?

megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I'm very sorry that I've asked so many questions.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Haha, no worries. It gives us all something to think about.

I have had thoughts like that, but more along the lines of were all were in a universe sized game of The Sims, and some 14 year old kid was controlling my actions to get amusement.

megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

yeah. Thats what I think. (Although weird) And someone is controling him. And when we dream we're dreaming of another universe. That's real.

cykotic_gamer_
cykotic_gamer_
153 posts
Nomad

im not sure but i always think about this..will we go to heaven?will are spirits come back in anothr body? i think its pretty crazy

megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

hmmmmmmm...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I have started a 357 page report of mine on said subject and as such I thought to myself these thwo things.

1) My motto, live life to the fullest don't let anything stupid hold you back!
2) I find that there are manifestations that seem to have forgotten what they came back from their original forms to do. otherwise known as ghosts and manifestations. the kinds you see on television and movies are simply ghosts that are trying to figure out what happened. I find that the human body does indeed have a spiritual esence to it most commonly called emotions and thus that state of matter and brainwaves continue, such as when you see a drip fall to water the circles continue for a long while. I have seen somewone stand on their own two legs when seriously hurt and doing so with sheer willpower. So if you could stand on two broken limbs to fall to the ground even though you know you shall using sheer willpower, I am absolutely sure that you can be formed in a apparation or "ghost" our of willpower yet still not remember the reason you made yourself in that state in the first place.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

That still implies some kind of soul - and by soul I mean some part of consciousness that exists after death.
Willpower is produced in the brain, just like all other feeling and emotions. So I don't see how willpower can exist a) outside of the brain as a physical manifestation or b) without the brain functioning.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

To expand on that thought of Moe's:

That whole idea gives the human mind far too much credit. Most people I know do not have enough willpower to not eat a bag oh chips let alone manifest after death. Maybe after we all become large, floating brains like Moegreche is. But then again, they will likely never die easily, Unless you beat them with a gold club. Yes, gold. I in no way meant golf.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

While I think it's obvious that gold destroys floating brains, finding the floating brain is the tricky part. Maybe if I was beaten to death with a gold club, my floating brain would also die.
I just had a thought that maybe the floating brains could create a visible manifestation, but the floating brain theory doesn't necessarily imply that the brains can interact with one another.

Skidzy
Skidzy
35 posts
Nomad

i do not believe there is a heaven. if there was some all powerful god, why would he mak people suffer for doing nothing wrong? people waste their lives praying and what do they get? sore knees. must be one cruel god.

Showing 31-45 of 113