ForumsWEPRIs there... A heaven? Have we been put down here for something?

113 22864
megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I sometimes feel afraid that when I die I won't go anywhere. I'll just dissapear forever. And I stay up sometimes for a very long time scared that I won't go anywhere. And why were we put down here? There is no reason I can figure this out. My mom says that we were put down here for understanding of gods creations. But all that I realy see is just work and sleep. She also said that we have been put down here to enjoy gods beauty. That is my biggest fesr of all. I'm just scared, just scared.

• 113 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

No, a person is just a word that we use to mean human - and all a human is is a body.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

Animals act by instincts. What makes humans different is the knowledge of good and evil.
(Genesis 2-3)

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Using a religious text to prove a religious point is a bit fallacious, eh?
But I don't see how this relates to heaven's existence. I would also claim that morality is totally a human concept and fabrication.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

Have you ever read Exodus? The first known written law sas given to Moses by God.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

Have you heard of Hamurrabi? His laws were waaaay before Moses'. I still don't see what this has to do with heaven, though.

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

you all lost me when you started using the bible i have never read the bible.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

xgamer, you should read it. Here, its online.

[url]http://www.crosswalk.com[url]

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

i am good.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

Dangit, i suck with these codes.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Why can we not bring up the fact that religious documents have the potential to be false? The ones that speak of Heaven or Hell are ALL based off of what MAN thinks a higher being is telling him. I, personally, like to use logic and rational to determine things for myself and I just have a hard time believing such nonsense.

meeeeee
meeeeee
22 posts
Nomad

live life for what it is today and dont worrie about tommorow till it arives. thats my phelosaphy

meeeeee
meeeeee
22 posts
Nomad

and dont worrie about that kind of stuff till it happens and dont scare yourself thinking about that stuff.

Sweetiedark
Sweetiedark
67 posts
Nomad

heaven is full and we have to go to earth until it has room thaTs the immagrants for ya tho . once god has finished hes extensions on heaven hell blow us up nd let us in

notepad7
notepad7
75 posts
Nomad

well I (morman) beleve that there is a heaven and that when we die we will go to basicly heaven or hell so life is like a test. this is only in basic terms

Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

There is no "meaning" for life. The real question is... If the Universe goes on forever, wouldn't it still have to be building somewhere trillions of trillions of light years away, because if you think about it, there is no possible explanation for it all. If nothing was ever created, what would there be? Where did matter come from? There is a beginning to everything, so when the universe was created, what was there before it? So many unanswered questions that cannot be answered.
I believe things are made, just to be destroyed and then created again, possibly the huge cycle of the universe, and also that there is most indefinitely other forms of life, possibly incalculable amounts. We are an incredibly small "species" in the universe compared to the trillions of stars that are billions times bigger than we are. Maybe in a few thousand years, we will be advanced enough to embark on the frontier of the universe, but until then I'm just going to kick back and enjoy life as it is meant to be enjoyed.

Showing 91-105 of 113