ForumsThe Tavern[old] Immovable object vs. Unstoppable force

110 25389
kareybh
kareybh
158 posts
Nomad

What happens when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object?

I've tossed this around at school, and I've gotten some interesting answers. I'll post them after this picks up a bit and i see some of your ideas.

• 110 Replies
Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

@Pixie214, hahaha, is all I have to say to you. I'am begining to think that you and I go well together on posts.

But I agree the friction might push the unstoppable force against the immovable object and it would go past it.

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Basicly i think it would be a tie the unmovable force will not move so the unstopobal force wold just ram into it unmovable and just stay like that forever trying to get past the unmovable so basicly nobody wins Topic closed.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

No... That's where your wrong... If that was the way it was, then the Immovable Object wins...

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

You all realize you're just going to keep arguing and arguing because there is no winner. There's a word I'm thinking of that describes this scenario, but it's not an oxymoron, I don't think. Anyway, when I first saw this thread the first thing I thought of was the move The Dark Knight. Some people are saying the unstoppable force would go around the immovable object or something like that, but what if the immovable object was so massive that the unstoppable force couldn't go around it? There's too many circumstances, conditions, and scenarios that can affect what would happen, but neither would win. If something like this happened, then I don't know what would happen. Someone earlier said something about a black hole and gravity? Um, black holes have gravity, and immense gravity at that. Black holes and gravity are not an example of this. But like I said before, you guys are gonna continue to argue, and you can do that if you want to.

darkboy58465846
darkboy58465846
132 posts
Nomad

Nothing in the universe is an unstoppable force unstoppable force and there is nothing that is immovable.
Every force can somehow be stopped.Gravity is a very easy force to stop, although it isn't for humans.And absolutely nothing is immovable,everything is made up of tiny atoms that ALWAYS move around everywhere.Atoms make up the Universe so nothing in the Universe is immovable so the point is that question does not make sense.
Any question that does not have an answer is unreasonable and does not make sense at all.

andyandythin
andyandythin
87 posts
Blacksmith

oh well,i think the force will like pass through this object and keep going, or the force is pushed sideways then keep travelling or....

CHUCK NORRIS JUMPS OUT OF OBJECT AND SAYS 'SPARTA!!!!!!'

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

BEFORE YOU POST!!!!!!

This is not real life... Darkboy, try to read up on what has been said before.

Andyandythin, the Unstoppable Force cannot move though the Immovable Object.

Dragonball05, I like you thinking, but I'll have to think a bit more to give you an answer.

THE UNSTOPPABLE FORCE CANNOT STOP!!!!!andTHE IMMOVABLE OBJECT CANNOT BE MOVED!!!!!!!

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

@ darkboy58465846 that is what you call a hypothetical question. If they could exist what would would happen. It is obvious that it is a paradox and as such has no answer. After 97 posts I am impressed it is people are still trying.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Pixie214, that is besides the point.

Unless you mean that if they existed, then there would be an answer.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

100 replies!!!! Sorry but I had to do that...

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Ohh, pixie thank you. The word I was think of in my last post was paradox. Not oxymoron. Thanks Pixie. Oh, but I think andy's right. Chuck Norris would jump out and yell SPARTA. Good job andy. I think you solved the paradox.

kingmike123
kingmike123
383 posts
Peasant

its a very good question but i think the immovable object would win, cause defense is usually better than offense right?

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

But it is not a question of offense and defense...

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

300 posts!!!!!

Sorry... I had to do that...

But I wanna change what I said earlier, I suppose that would make a slight difference.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Necro.

Gunthex the object can't be moved. That doesn't mean you can MOVE the inside of the object. It is still unable to move.

Can't be bothered seeing if this answer is done.

If it was immovable the other force would not be unstoppable. If it was unstoppable the object would not be immovable.

Unless of course it was what was "Thought" to be immovable in a certain era but someone has gone to the future and found an unstoppable force.

As there is no such thing as a real immovable/unstoppable object/force if there was two found they would be from different era's.

Let's just say they had the same force and stopping power. The force would continue to move against the object while not moving unless it's fuel source (If it had one) would run out.

Showing 91-105 of 110