ForumsWEPROBAMA vs BUSH

72 15162
Superdenni
Superdenni
24 posts
Nomad

Who do u think is the best still BUSH or OBAMA ?

• 72 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

uhh...ricador, Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar. He was anything but an idiot.

the term idiot is applied as how the individual person see's fit, it does not matter if you graduated from a prestiged school you can still act like one

But the terrorists don't like America. How would antagonising them by pumping a ton of firepower at them help?

yes your right we should wait around for another 9/11
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Oh my goodness is this a question of course Obama will win over bush no dought omg was taht a question or a joke?

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

it does not matter if you graduated from a prestiged school you can still act like one

It is well documented that he was one of the most intelligent presidents of all time.

yes your right we should wait around for another 9/11

But the terrorists don't like America. How would antagonising them by pumping a ton of firepower at them help?

I prefer to go for a balance of the two viewpoints. I do not think complete pacifism will solve the middle eastern conflict. Al Qaeda would still target America even if there weren't troops in the Middle East, however you can't just pummel a people into submission. The appointment of George Mitchell by Barack Obama is definitely a step in the right direction. He was key in ending the conflict in Northern Ireland, and I sincerely hope he can manage it again in the Middle East and Asia.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

a dead terrorist can't shoot an AK. Al-Quaeda cannot be reasoned with, and they wish us harm. They are concentrated in Afghanistan, so we must wage war. Pacifism won't always work, neither will aggression.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

The destruction of Al Qaeda could be brought about through decisive political non violent action, just as quickly as it could be by a military solution. ISAF forces have already been in the area for 8 years. It is time for a new approach.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

trying to think of an analogy on how your wrong woody...

if a dog bites you do you scold/negotiate it or kick it?

It is well documented that he was one of the most intelligent presidents of all time.

orlly? well that still goes in the definition as it depends on the individuals person's point of view, he was the most intelligent in some cases and the most idiotic in others

that document can be written by someone who sees him as intelligent
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

ugh i keep contradicting my analogy in my mind...
if the dog bites you do you bite the dog back?
if you kick it lotsa times but it still doesn't stop do you kick harder?

i need another one...

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

What the United States military is doing wrong in Afghanistan is that instead of trying to connect and get to know the villagers living in the desert, who are often threatened by the Taliban or end up joining them, we go in guns ablazin', and they end up disliking us more than in the first place.

It's almost irreversible at this point. Connecting with the villagers and other nomads would have been HUGE at the start of the Second Gulf War, but Bush pretty much blew it.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

HUGE at the start of the Second Gulf War, but Bush pretty much blew it.

I actually agree with you on that ^_^

Bush got a little to crazy war mongering Republican on us. And, i do hope you are referring to the first Bush, right?
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Bush got a little to crazy war mongering Republican on us. And, i do hope you are referring to the first Bush, right?

Second Gulf War. We forced the Taliban into the rural areas and across the Afghan border, and then we went in full-force instead of just thinking about it.
Armorkage
Armorkage
247 posts
Nomad

both suck

opentotruth
opentotruth
473 posts
Peasant

bush was the worst president in american history. horrible approval ratings, leaking out the name of a CIA agent. massive corruption and ignorence. and just plain being dumb.

obama isnt perefect who is but hes the only hope that this country has

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

it's unfair to condemn Obama because you disagree with him. If you disagree with something, then that doesn't mean it won't work. Right now we need to keep the middle class and lower class afloat the most, because they are the driving force behind the economy.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

well that still goes in the definition as it depends on the individuals person's point of view, he was the most intelligent in some cases and the most idiotic in others

The fact that the world press appraised him for his intelligence is not biased or in the eyes of the beholder.

It's almost irreversible at this point. Connecting with the villagers and other nomads would have been HUGE at the start of the Second Gulf War, but Bush pretty much blew it.

Not nescessarily. It really depends where in Afghanistan you are. In certain areas, people that used to support the Muhajadeen are generally much more pro ISAF.

Talking to my brother who has been on numerous tours to Afghanistan he says its around 50/50. You go into one village and they will welcome you and treat you like kings. Go into another one and the children will throw rocks at you. It is a very divided country which is why its so hard a problem to deal with. Many of them consider their tribe as their most important alleigance not to their nation Afghanistan.
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

You can't compare people with their profile and what happened in their life. You have to do it with their character. George Bush can't say a single word correct and Obama has Ghostwriters. So bascically they both can't do speeches right out of their mind.

Showing 46-60 of 72