ForumsSupport ForumRe: Missing games

262 75874
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

We've received several reports of popular games such as Amorphous+ going missing, which I'm sure must have been most distressing for many of you!

Fear not, I think we've figured out why this has been happening. As you know, more developers have recently been working on optimising the site so that it doesn't 'lag so much' and 'break' (both common and valid complaints we hear about), after which the administration will be able to implement changes to the site much more easily.

A side-effect of this is that certain game files might go missing. As far as I know, they were not intentionally deleted, nor is it a permanent loss, as we should be able to recover them as soon as we figure out precisely what's going on.

In short: your favorite game missing? It's not gone forever: We'll get it back soon!

• 262 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I have submited A Game Call "Combat Tournament" 4 weeks ago.
Its Still not on my profile saying "I SUBMTI IT"

Contact Cormyn to see if the game has been approved for hosting on Armor Games. Once you submit a game there is an approval/upload process full of technical thingies that Cormyn can tell you about. In short, if it isn't hosted on AG yet then it won't show up in your profile.

Also guys, if you are reporting a game which is 'missing' let us know if it is completely gone from the site, or if the link is broken (redirecting you back to AG homepage) so that the admins have an idea of what needs to be fixed to bring your game back.
cschris311
cschris311
5 posts
Nomad

Btw, Yesterdays i submitted a game that was a error message and the only thing you were going to do is click OK and the error message with tell you much crap but then i wondered why it weren't in my gamelist? And i searched, no games! It's probably gone?! How can this happend? Please reply

-cschris311

tuc12509
tuc12509
13 posts
Nomad

Tried to play "The Amulet" and link is broken

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I had a problem with Exit Path two days ago but then i refreshed page and now it works fine for me.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I agree with tuc on The Amulet. It directs you to the homepage, just like with Epic Battle Fantasy 3. I think the thread needs to be reformed, however. Like...how to check for sure that a game is broken by doing the same things as beta testers do with checking for bugs. A set of guidelines to check for in order to make sure the broken link can be manipulated 100% of the time with many users.

Darmanac
Darmanac
13 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't know if this is a problem, but it seems that the game Ice Cave disappeard from the list of most recent games, and that wasn't because other recent games replaced them, cause games like saturday night blood fest still are there, even being older.

stealth1024
stealth1024
2 posts
Nomad

I tried to get on to Armor Games one day (using safari on my mac) and none of the games would load. I can't get into the beta version of AG either. I used to be able to do all of this but now I can't.
Is anyone else having this same problem?

Showing 256-262 of 262