ForumsGamesMac vs. PC

71 13867
Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

I have both a Mac and a PC, i find the Mac to be a bit high strung and really annoying sometimes. I just want to see the opinions of other people. In my opinion, I like the PC. Only because it's pretty standard and has great quality. Mac is confusing and makes me mad. >:-(

• 71 Replies
keissaus
keissaus
6 posts
Nomad

I vote for PC. Macs are good and fast, but it isn't that much of a difference with a pc. And a PC has a lot more software, and is cheaper. I just think mac isn't worth that price difference

AndyDGS
AndyDGS
91 posts
Nomad

PC, only PC!

I don't think that I can truelly say that I love Win4ow3, but I don't like App7e, because it is too... pathetic, could be.
Anyway, there is much more possibilties for PC users then MAC.
I started to use PC with Win40w3 when I was 7,
and I won't change it. Never

Dazpiece
Dazpiece
55 posts
Nomad

I like both for different reasons.

I used to have an iBook. Macs are aesthetically more pleasing to the eye, but I personally found the lack of available software for my needs a bit annoying. They are also over-priced when you consider the specs and on tip of that I felt restricted when using the OS, despite it being a pretty nice experience. It just felt like it was nannying me, and that I'm not free to completely customise the way I like.

I think that PC is good because it is more open, has tons of software available (albeit many viruses) and since the OS is widely available, you can pick and choose your PC from many manufacturers at a more reasonable price.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

If Macs were less expensive, they would rule the world.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/howfanboysseeoperatingsystems.jpg

Anyway, I have little faith in Apple for reasons. I'd go with a computer, with Windows on it. I don't like the fact that PC is being associated immediately with Windows. Technically a Mac is a personal computer too, though with the Apple stuff. There isn't too much of a magical difference between the hardware used by your Mac, and your non-Mac computer.

I prefer non-Mac computers because of the software, because prices are too expensive just for a computer slapped on with Apple's reliability, software and logo and because I don't love Apple. I do not love Microsoft either.

I failed to notice that what I said above about Macs not being too different from PCs was stated earlier.

I despise how people automatically imply that MS owns PCs. Microsoft just makes the dominant OS for PCs.

but I also like PC because they make XBOX

Microsoft doesn't makes PCs, Microsoft makes Windows. Microsoft makes Xbox 360s.
TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

I like how every one here are P.C fanboys

Seriously guys, face the facts. All that 'software' crap you are talking about, is total nonsense. You can buy the same amount of software at the Apple Store. And... why is P.C trying to copy Macs tradition look? Yeah... all you fanboys know what I'm talking about. P.C has copied the 'doc' thing that Mac has, it has copied the classic apple screensaver, and it has tried to make everything *ahem* 'simpler'. Mac is already easy. Before windows seven came out, you could not find anything on that dino!
Why is P.C trying to copy Macs look? Because Mac had it right the first time.

ryguy997
ryguy997
179 posts
Nomad

I like PC's. They are faster, simple yet complex, easy to use, and to the mac supporters who say that pcs get to many viruses, let me say this: i've had the same pc since I was 6 and it has never had a virus. Ever. And I use the antivirus that came with my internet (Shaw Secure).and macs dont get many because more people use pc's so there is no point infecting the minority.(unless you are a mac hater, like me). so go PC!!!

ryguy997
ryguy997
179 posts
Nomad

TRUdog: i used windows xp for years and I found it wery good. I guess the peole who cant use it are just not very computer oriented. and besides, its hard to find suff on macs! Do they even have a control panel? when I use macs I feel way too limited and macs are much easier to hack (yes I know how) so there.

ryguy997
ryguy997
179 posts
Nomad

and i have never seen a pc that looked like a mac. ever. macs have good hardware (monitor,mouse,ect.) but pc's have good hardware and software.

BlackIce131
BlackIce131
260 posts
Nomad

I say PC i always hear people complain about viruses thats what ani-virus is made for though lol. Just dont get click happy on random sites and download everything

DaFufinator
DaFufinator
150 posts
Nomad

mac because you can have windows, linux, windows xp, and mac osx snow leopard on the same machine! So it's the ultimate gaming/computing machine!

Ancuta
Ancuta
146 posts
Bard

Hey. go watch the Mac and Windows comercials on youtube. !

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Seriously guys, face the facts. All that 'software' crap you are talking about, is total nonsense. You can buy the same amount of software at the Apple Store. And... why is P.C trying to copy Macs tradition look? Yeah... all you fanboys know what I'm talking about. P.C has copied the 'doc' thing that Mac has, it has copied the classic apple screensaver, and it has tried to make everything *ahem* 'simpler'. Mac is already easy. Before windows seven came out, you could not find anything on that dino!
Why is P.C trying to copy Macs look? Because Mac had it right the first time.

Lol, when did you begin using computers? It isn't that hard to use XP. XP was even more simpler than the old versions (2000) which aren't too hard to navigate. If you call XP a dinosaur, then you ought to use DOS.

As for Windows going for a cleaner and simpler interface, well this is business right? You have to stay ahead of the competition, even though it may include copying. I'm sure Apple and Microsoft know that. I am very sure indeed.

And no, you can't compare the software compatibility of the Mac OS X and Windows.

This should be Windows vs. Mac, not Mac vs. PC.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

alot of programmes dont have versions for mac although mac is better. I have a laptop PC/windows

NoUserNo
NoUserNo
22 posts
Nomad

PC because of pinball on Windows XP!! =D

Showing 46-60 of 71