ForumsWEPROne good thing

54 10652
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
30 posts
Nomad

I was wondering if anyone could name one good thing that mankind has done for this planet? (Sorry if this comes up twice cause it posted the same question yesterday but it seems to have disappered)

• 54 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I was going to say help save endangered species... but we caused most of them to go endangered in the first place.

Hmmm... this is hard!

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
30 posts
Nomad

I know. I bet no one can think I one good thing.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

ummm, we... guh...WE HELPED... no wait we caused that in the first place... ummm.. OH I KNOW! WE... WE... no no we caused that too...

Cheeseball
Cheeseball
30 posts
Nomad

Sorry for my bad spelling replace the I with an OF in my last comment

Mr_Hobo_2100
Mr_Hobo_2100
153 posts
Nomad

weve done nothing for the planet b/c we as humans just think about how to help ourselfs but we really cant destroy this planet without a whole lot of high explosives.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Oooooh yes we can. Its call global warming. We will soon screw up the saline regulation in the ocean with the temperature change, completely throwing the earth's weather into chaos... of course earth will rebound, it always does. But will mankind, plants, and animals be able to?

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

One thing we have done is killed off some nasty diseases, and please dont start this global warming stuff, we humans may add to it but we barely make a 2% difference

If you do want to rave about it go to the global warming topic

Mr_Hobo_2100
Mr_Hobo_2100
153 posts
Nomad

maybe we will eventually make the entire planet a lush tropical forest. that would be nice lol

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I agree that it happens naturally, but we pushed it waaaay over the line, way more than 2%. But you are right, we will leave that for the other topic. But it is sad that no one can come up with something good we have done for the Earth. As far as the diseases go, curing them only benefits humans. So really, it has no effect on the Earth. Besides, doesn't that mean we are killing other organisms? Even if they are only bacteria, they were certainly here before we were.

The only thing I can really think of that we helped, were certain bacteria, viruses, and organisms that evolved specifically for humans. Because we gave them a job, something to do and something to live off of. But then we go and kill some of them off...

kingy310
kingy310
89 posts
Nomad

well we have 1 good thing its not eco friendly but eveone love's it..... the humble computer and the side kick the internet

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

carlie germs don't even have room for emotion in their DNA so I really don't care
besides you kill hundreds of germs when you brush your teeth

cykotic_gamer_
cykotic_gamer_
153 posts
Nomad

transportation i think is one of the best advancements mankind has done right now

anailator23
anailator23
87 posts
Nomad

yeah but that only benifits us and makes greenhouse gas

cykotic_gamer_
cykotic_gamer_
153 posts
Nomad

hell yeah it would

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Bacteria was here before we ever were

And as far as computers, transportation, etc. goes, that has only helped mankind, not Earth. In fact, transportation causes pollution, computers are made of non-biodegradable materials and will be in landfills for millions of years... so both of those things are bad for the Earth. Good for us though.

Showing 1-15 of 54