ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608972
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Looks like we are losing this thread.. 2 days and only 1 vote? Well, I'll make it a second vote then.

While I enjoy playing Teenage Riot on Rock Band, my vote goes for REM. I just like most, if not all, of their hits. My favorite song by them being Everybody Hurts. I just think that's such a well done song that I could listen to it over and over again.

Score is:

REM - 2
Sonic Youth - 0

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

REM

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hey we're back!

Ok, Score is still:

REM - 2
Sonic Youth - 0

uselessnoob
uselessnoob
154 posts
Nomad

I vote KISS

That is if you ignore their disco era crap.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I vote KISS
That is if you ignore their disco era crap.

I'll ignore their disco era crap. I'll also ignore your vote being as it's not for either of the bands that's battling at the moment. Please revote for the current battle. Thanks.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'll help you out a bit there ilberic...

Allthough I'm not that big a fan of R.E.M. (I think their music is played too much, so I started to dislike them over the years...), the fact is that I don't know Sonic Youth, so my vote will be easy in this battle: R.E.M.! =D

Updated score shows:

R.E.M. - 3
Sonic Youth - 0

Now... WHO'S NEXT?!?!? 0_o

chaotix567
chaotix567
882 posts
Nomad

Gonna hafta go with R.E.M., I much prefer there style to that of Sonic Youth - who I have to say I'm not a big fan of- and that's all I really need to say, I guess.

Sethanos
Sethanos
5 posts
Nomad

REM because Rapid Eye Movement is the best part of sleep, and both bands put me to sleep. :P

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Lol, love the weirdly thought out votes...

New battle coming this weekend. This battle obviously belongs to REM by a score of:

REM - 5
Sonic Youth - 0

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, new battle due to the blow out lead by REM.. they win over a group whose name I can't remember... I'm kidding of course.

Next battle:

Whitesnake -
Still of the night
Here I go again
Is this love

vs.

Twisted Sister -
We're not gonna take it
I wanna rock
Leader of the pack

This battle suggested by waluigi. Thanks! Feel free to post your suggestions on my profile.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I prefer Whitesnake. david Coverdale's voice sounds better than Dee Snyder's.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

What a battle ilberic!!!!!! Man... he made me choose between two favorites!!! 0_o

Darned you for that...

Ok, here it goes... Allthough I can really appreciate the 'Spirit of Rock' that's always been broadcasted by the ever amazing 'fire-cracker-up-your-bum-style' music of Twisted Sister... I have to choose for Whitesnake!!!!

David Coverdale's voice, Adje Vandenberg's and Steve Vai's guitar masterpieces, the powerful AND the slow touchy Rock songs and the beautiful Tawny Kitaen (*howls*) crawling over those Jaguars' hoods makes the decisive difference for me here! =P

There's just no denial to be made about that... it can simply NOT be ignored!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Whitesnake takes the early lead..

But I'll make it closer. My vote goes for Twisted Sister. I love the anti-establishment videos. I Wanna Rock and We're Not Gonna Take it, I could listen to over and over whereas I don't think there are any Whitesnake songs I can say that about. Plus, I have to give Dee the props to go down to the senate hearings and basically tell Tipper Gore to shove up her tight bumhole. It's the first amendment... Free Speech! If you don't want it, don't buy it. Don't tell us what we can and can't listen to.

Anyway, didn't mean to get all political here..

The score is now:

Whitesnake - 2
Twisted Sister - 1

Feel free to post suggestions on my profile. Thanks!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Come on people, let's see some voting.

If you don't like the battle, suggest one on my profile.
If you don't like the way the thread is run, make suggestions on my profile.

We need to see some action here or this is gonna be the end of what I'm sure is the longest thread on this forum

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Why have all the users disgarded this great thread?!?!?!? 0_o

Come on people!!! WE NEED VOTERS!!!
*throws fist in the air*

Don't let this thread die...

Showing 2896-2910 of 4274