ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608965
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I vote for Twisted Sister.
I love anti-establishment bands that aren't afraid of congress, too!
Whitesnake has it's pluses but they were almost too sugary with the vocals.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Firstly I have to say that I don't like neither of them.
Secondly I will vote Twisted Sister, because I find Whitesnake music too soft .

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hey, a pulse!!!

Twisted Sister takes the lead by a score of:

Twisted Sister - 3
Whitesnake - 2

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Seems like some people DID actually find their way to the thread! =D

But it's still a little slow... but that goes for the whole forum section I guess...

COME ON PEOPLE!!! VOTERS WANTED!!! =P

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

New battle coming tomorrow probably.. I got one in mind, but have a full plate today. Besides, I wanna see if we can scrape a couple more votes onto this battle..

Score remains:

Twisted Sister - 3
Whitesnake - 2

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, Twisted Sister wins that sad battle by the score of:

Twisted Sister - 3
Whitesnake - 2

Moving on to the next battle:

ZZ Top:
Sharp Dressed Man
Give Me All Your Lovin'
Legs

vs.

AC/DC
Thunderstruck
Hell's Bells
High Voltage

There it is folks. Battle amongst Rock N Roll legends. Hopefully this battle will see more action.

Rangersoul5
Rangersoul5
186 posts
Nomad

Probably the Jonas Brothers, Alvin and the chipmunks or the naked brother bands.

i personaly think they are the best in the world, everybody else is no good, they have bad music.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

ZZ top are quite good, nonetheless I will vote AC/DC. I like a lot their unique sound and also some of the best rock songs are theirs.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Probably the Jonas Brothers, Alvin and the chipmunks or the naked brother bands.
i personaly think they are the best in the world, everybody else is no good, they have bad music.

Ahmmm... sorry... no offence here, but could you please explain to us what that has to do with the current battle between ZZ Top and AC/DC?!?! 0_o

Again, as a rocker, this is a tough choice for me to make... allthough both bands have a legacy in Rock Music and earned their stripes through their personal style, I decided to make a list of pro's and con's on them to get a decisive vote out of my head... =P
And the winner is... *drums please* ... AC/DC!!!
Mind you... my decision was only formed after they had won it on one little (but very important) issue between them and ZZ Top: their show!!
This is one thing ZZ Top can't beat AC/DC on!!! \\,,//_

With the first few votes in, the score is:

AC/DC - 2
ZZ Top - 0

Let's see if this battle will attract more voters and become a revival of the thread!!
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

AC/DC. For two reasons: I enjoy their music (I Have one of their t-shirts for crying out loud. Reason 2: I've never heard of ZZ Top.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Sorry 'bout double post, but:

Looking through the past several pages, it seems as it the thread has given overe to a sort of randomness. The picking of the two bands, while related, has nothing to do with the previous two bands. I.E.:

Band 1 (Wins)
Band 2 (loses)

Band 1 (Loses)
Band 3 (Wins)

Etc, Etc. And Also, the score is supposed to go to 10, not whatever number, then I switch topis when I feel like it. Patience is a virtue, and going to 10 votes also allows for sudden comebacks.

Not trying to beat your drum or anything, but just thought I'd point this out.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

@ Maverick4 : don't shoot the messenger here, please? LOL =P

This is to answer his question and also to vent my thoughts on the competitions here on AG...

I only recently started to help out in this thread, but the general idea that I'm getting from this (by the way good)community, is that the general majority of the forum-active AG users all get bored pretty quickly and they have little patience...

I run the 'CRBWC' and the 'MBWC', both threads are made up in a competition-style basic formula, but somehow if it's taking too long for them to be able to cast another vote in a next round or even if there's too little action going on in a thread, they disgard it alltogether!

That's why a moderator for such a thread is easily pushed into a corner to keep the momentum going or see his thread die a silent death...

By the way... I haven't seen you around in both the 'CRBWC' or the 'MBWC' yet to cast a vote... if you want to try, you can find them both in this forum section of the popular media!! =P

Oh... and you never heard of ZZ Top?!?!?! 0_o
Have you tried the links provided in the OP for this battle (page 300), they rock solid!

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

AC/DC
I like a lot of thier songs and how they're guitars are basically the parts that build the song. Lyrics don't have to make sense when your guitars sound that catchy and good. Sorta like Nirvana.

Rangersoul5
Rangersoul5
186 posts
Nomad

Ahmmm... sorry... no offence here, but could you please explain to us what that has to do with the current battle between ZZ Top and AC/DC?!?! 0_o

I thought this was a battle where we put our favorite bands and they fight eachother.

Then it would be AC/DC.
xD.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, now we got some action, very cool.

Current score is:

AC DC - 4
ZZ Top - 0

Rangersoul5, your vote does not count. While it is now on topic, it is now lacking a reason. Valid votes are only those with explanations as to why you choose them. Thanks for visiting the thread and please do come back and contribute.

Showing 2911-2925 of 4274