ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608954
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
hylian726
hylian726
281 posts
Nomad

Hmmmm... This is tough. I love both bands, however I agree with previous posters that their songs are usually a little too similar. I guess I'll go with AC/DC since I've been listening to them more often lately.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

AC DC now has a commanding lead. I'm gone on vacation until probably Monday. In the meantime it's MrDayCee's show (unless of course LBJames or Pixie pop in). Suggestions can still be posted on my profile in the meantime. He checks there and I of course will check when I get back. Thanks for all the recent activity!

AC DC - 6
ZZ Top - 1

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

AC DC. I like the loud, obnoxious sound.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'll be filling in untill ilberic return from his vacation, so here we go...

One more vote for AC/DC! Making the total score:

AC DC - 7
ZZ Top - 1

Are there some voters out there feeling that ZZ Top belongs alongside (or above) AC/DC? =P
Then... state your vote and make it happen!!! =D

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

AC DC ... Gotta love A band that originated in Aussie! I like Highway to Hell , T.N.T & Back In Black.

NerdInvasion
NerdInvasion
47 posts
Nomad

AC DC

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I see this battle is still going on. Well, I think it is going to have to end soon.

NerdInvasions vote obviously doesn't count..

The current score is:

AC DC - 8
ZZ Top - 1

Tibbers
Tibbers
109 posts
Nomad

Gotta vote for AC/DC, they're pretty much a legend by now. Their style of music just appeals to me more than that of ZZ Top.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well actually they are both legends, which is why I picked this battle, but 'tis your opinion, and it counts..

The score is now:

AC DC - 9
ZZ Top - 1

If I'd have voted for AC DC, this would be over, lol. Well, someone's gotta play the devil's advocate I guess. Looks like this one could reach an honest conclusion anyway. We just need one more vote for AC DC, or a furious comeback by ZZ Top. Hopefully we can finish this as was originally intended. I'll hold off on the new battle for just a little bit longer. Thanks to everyone who has contributed and that contributes..

As always, suggestions for battles or anything are welcome on my profile. Thanks!

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Wow, you mean my vote can either keep this battle alive or destroy it with a solid 10?

As much as I like ZZTop, and those "Cheap Sunglasses", my favorite summertime tune I have to vote for AC/DC Back in Black takes me right back to the '70's and those awesome solid ROCK days.

zeriox
zeriox
47 posts
Nomad

aerosmith

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

And AC DC takes a clean victory over ZZ Top. Our first clean victory in a long long time. I'll probably be back sometime today to post the next battle. Unless MrDayCee wants to post one in the meantime. Either way, stay tuned.. (got to take care of some stuff round the house now that I'm back from vacation temporarily, lol)

AC DC - 10
ZZ Top - 1

(this battle is over, new one to come soon)

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

The next battle is here:

Rolling Stones:
Sympathy For The Devil
Gimme Shelter
Get Off Of My Cloud

vs.

Led Zeppelin:
Black Dog
Kashmir
Stairway to Heaven

There's your battle folks. Sorry MrDayCee for not using one of your suggestions. We had some success here with legendary bands battling, so I thought I'd try another pairing. I may use one of yours next time, depending on the success of this battle.

As always, suggestions welcome on my profile.. Thanks!

AboutAPlaneCrash
AboutAPlaneCrash
268 posts
Nomad

Still Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones just isn't my taste.

Tibbers
Tibbers
109 posts
Nomad

I think I would have to go with Led Zeppelin. Both bands are very influential, and both are good as well. But Led Zeppelin just does something for me... so they get my vote.

Showing 2941-2955 of 4274