ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608946
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

I like the unique sound that the rolling stones have. Rolling stones.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

And the Rolling Stones pull closer with a couple of votes making the score:

Led Zeppelin - 5
Rolling Stones - 4

I'm sorry Smithrope94, but I can't count your vote because there is no explanation there. Gametesta's vote is a bit short as well, but there is a little reasoning there, though I would much rather see what you feel makes their sound "unique".

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, the voting seems to have stalled.. We'd like to see if we can get back to back full 10 vote victories if possible, so any suggestions are welcome on my profile. Feel free to suggest ideas or different bands to try out. Thanks!

The score remains as the previous post..

1,855 posts
Nomad

Nobody goes on this thread anymore. RIP Battle of the Bands!

escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Just because people haven't posted for two days does not mean its the end of the thread...
Led Zepplin
I like their style more, and they have Stairway to Heaven...

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

It's hardly time to cue the reaper on this thread.. There are hiccups on occasion, but as the last battle proved, there is some nice action now and again..

The score for this battle is now:

Led Zeppelin - 6
Rolling Stones - 4

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Led zeppelin. Because I know more songs, that's really it

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

When there is no voting for, say... 4 weeks... THEN you can call '0800 - SOULCOLLECT' and have the obituary installed for a thread! =P

Seems like the votes are still coming in, only at a slower pace, but they STILL come in! =D

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Led Zeppelin is close to making it back to back 10 vote victories.. But the Rolling Stones still have a legitamite shot at it..

The score is now:

Led Zeppelin - 7
Rolling Stones - 4

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

New battle coming soon..

I'm just hoping this one can finish legit instead of the all-too-popular mercy kill..

Score remains:

Led Zeppelin - 7
Rolling Stones - 4

kurtcobain1994
kurtcobain1994
45 posts
Nomad

led zepplin i like more of there songs

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Rolling Stones. Led Zeppelin is excellent but is overhyped. The Rolling Stones have a distinct type of sound, while Led Zeppelin has a bluesy type of music.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hey! A couple more votes..

This makes the current score:

Led Zeppelin - 8
Rolling Stones - 5

A new battle will be here tomorrow or wednesday. I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday and won't be back until the 11th. MrDayCee will be moderating this thread in the meantime, assuming he gets back to me. If not, I may or may not need another option for moderator, seeing as how I haven't heard from Pixie or LBJames (understandable given his free agent situation).

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Don't worry... I'll moderate the thread for you ilberic...

Any suggestions for Band Battles are still welcome people! =D

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, I'm gonna reach on this battle, but we need a new one and a new one has arrived..

The last battle was won by Led Zeppelin by a score of 8-5 over the Rolling Stones

The new battle, pitting two so called industrial metal bands (and in honor of my wonderful fiance who is a fan of both bands)..

Nine Inch Nails (i.e. Trent Reznor and whoever is tagging along at the moment) -
The Hand That Feeds
Closer
Perfect Drug

vs.

Rammstein -
Du Hast
Engel
Mein Teil

There you go folks, battle it up!

Showing 2971-2985 of 4274