ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608939
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Rammstein Is a very good band that I got facinated by.
I don't know the other band.
Addition to the list:
Mein hedz brent
mutter
amerika
moscaw

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

This battle is just TEARING out of the gates. Rammstein jumps to a huge early lead... The score is now:

Rammstein - 1
Nine Inch Nails - 0

<Sigh>

This is ilberic, signing off until the 12th.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I'll make it a tie because not only am I more familiar with Nine inch nails but I actually like a lot of their music likeThe Great Destroyer , for one.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I personally don't like very much Nine Inch Nails. I prefer Rammstein, so I am going to vote for them.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

I love them both, but I really feel like I have to give the nod to Rammstein on this one. Their music seems to take on more current issues and really seems to aim at making a statement about society, rather than solely expressing emotion or relating experiences, as Trent Reznor seems to be more focused on. For this I feel like Rammstein may have opened some people's eyes a bit to the world around them, not something usually aimed for or accomplished by industrial metal.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Rammstein - 3
Nine Inch Nails - 1

Great vote MRWalker82 if only there were more users like you.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I see Pixie214 returned to the 'Mod-Chair' in this thread! Welcome back!

I'll throw in my personal vote for this battle and it's going to RAMMSTEIN!!!
I heard some songs of them in the past, but somehow they didn't stick to my brain at that point in time, but... then I met a beautiful girl who happens to be a huge fan of them and she re-introduced me to them!
She got me so excited that I went to 3 of their shows in the past half year (just recently saw them @ the Rock Werchter Festival in Belgium only 3 days ago! hahaaaa) and allthough I've seen Nine Inch Nails on that same festival last year, I still have a balance well tipped in favour of Rammstein!

You see, Nine Inch Nails just couldn't entertain me with their dark weiry songs when I saw them perform on stage and that's something Rammstein never failed to do yet! =D

With my vote in, the score shows:

Rammstein - 4
Nine Inch Nails - 1

So... who's next?!?! =)

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Nine inch nails though it was hard since I know very little about both.

jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

System of a down vs. ???

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

@ jabello11 : thank you! Suggestions for battles are always welcome! =D

Please comment them to ilberic's profile! Thanx! =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Why have all the people disgarded voting in this thread?!?!? 0_o

Come on!!! We need voters in this great battle!!! VOTE!!! =D

And there are still no suggestions made yet... FEEL FREE TO!!!
Post them on ilberic's profile!

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Nighwish-Rammstein

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Battle suggestions are supposed to be on my profile, not on this thread. The purpose of this is to keep this thread clean and solely for voting or discussion on the current battle. Also, when battle suggestions are posted on here, other people sometimes mistakenly think that the current battle has changed and put up mistaken votes. So with this in mind, please put suggestions on my profile (click on my name and post on the incoming page). Thanks!

Rammstein still leads this one by a score of:

Rammstein - 5
Nine Inch Nails - 1

Which is because my vote is also for Rammstein. The only thing I wish from them is that they had more english lyrics. But I can deal with it. I don't even know that I find their music that much better than Reznor, but they are just massively entertaining. This is what gives them the edge for me.

Oh yeah.. I'm baaaaaaack!, lol

New battle coming soon, unless we start picking up some votes.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Nine inch nails though it was hard since I know very little about both.

I was made aware that google's vote was not counted or not addressed. upon further review, this vote isn't up to the standards we are trying to hold votes to, so won't be counted. there are 4 sample songs from each group at the beginning of every battle. even if you don't know much about each band, your vote can be based off of those battles.

sorry google, please feel free to revote, or elaborate on the vote you placed.

score remains:

Rammstein - 5
Nine Inch Nails - 1
AnsemLimbo
AnsemLimbo
46 posts
Peasant

I'm voting for Nine Inch Nails. Reznor's music isn't about shock value or about sounding dark and brooding...that's just a coincidence, really. He's not trying to prove anything or make a quick buck (The Slip was released as a free download from his website). He writes about what he feels strongly about, and I commend him for that. Also, he tends to write and arrange all the parts in his music himself, and then bring in other people to perform and advise him on how to improve the music.

I had a big thing for Rammstein back when I was in middle school, but honestly, they sing in German, and the stuff they've done in English hasn't been any better in my own personal opinion. They go completely for shock value (their latest release included a collection of...toys...as part of the release...WTF?) and I haven't noticed anything completely impressive or distinguishing about their music other than the fact that they are hugely successful in a market that tends to give the English language the advantage.

Showing 2986-3000 of 4274