ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608935
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

thank you AnsemLimbo for that excellent post. Your vote brings the score to:

Rammstein - 5
Nine Inch Nails - 2

I'm gonna have a little bit more patience for this battle as a few votes are trickling in here. But if it dies out again, I'll put a new battle up. Battle suggestions are always welcome on my profile (click on my name, leave message on ensuing page)

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok folks, last call for voting on this battle..

Current score is:

Rammstein - 5
Nine Inch Nails - 2

New battle will be coming before the weekend. When exactly depends on if there is any more voting on this battle..

Shoestring
Shoestring
152 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith! Love his music but I don't have that much of his music in my pod but when it goes there I always repeat the song.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Aerosmith! Love his music but I don't have that much of his music in my pod but when it goes there I always repeat the song.

Way to know what's going on.... You are supposed to vote between the only two options, Rammstein and Nine Inch Nails.
hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

I choose Rammstein, i've never been a fan of NIN.

jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

I think i will have to chose the band Rammstein!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

And now its:

Rammstein: 7
NIN: 2

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I believe that a good reason is needed with the choice, so technically, it's still Rammstein: 5, NIN: 2

i prefer Rammstein. I have never truly been a fan of alternitive music, so NIN doesn't suit me. Plus, Rammstein's singer's voice I think is a lot better than NIN's singer.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

believe that a good reason is needed with the choice

Very well, but hitman gave his reason. So it's still 6/2. And then we have your vote, which brings it back to 7 - 2
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I choose Rammstein, i've never been a fan of NIN.

The reasoning here is needle thin and quite frankly, not up to the standards of acceptable votes. What we need is reasoning as to why you don't like NIN or what do you like about Rammstein.

I think i will have to chose the band Rammstein!

There is no reasoning here and therefore it's not an acceptable vote. We require (as does armor games forums) a more detailed vote. Some reasoning behind the vote..

with Waluigi's vote the score becomes:

Rammstein - 6
Nine Inch Nails - 2

Thanks for your help MRWalker82, but the mods are generally the ones who keep the running score. The reason is partly because of the 2 votes I quoted above. It's the mods choice whether to accept certain votes or disallow them. Thanks for posting to keep the thread current, too!
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Bah, who needs a reason? We don't have to give a reason when we vote for elected officials, nor is reason given when we vote on MTV awards, or Emmys, or Academy awards. It's all just personal preference. However I see the merit in forcing people to make intelligent choices and support their opinions, I just don't personally see the purpose of doing it in a thread where we are voting on our favorites

/offtopicness... sorry, just wanted to get that rant out :P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

It's all about making people 'think about their choices' rather than 'shouting a name in the void' here... so reasoning is a needed factor to keep people from making short posts without any thought to why they vote for that particular band...

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

We may need a new bands.

Just as an update: the score is Rammstein:6
NIN: 2

Please suggest battles to MrDayCee or Ilberic if you have them.

stooge90
stooge90
156 posts
Nomad

I gotta say Areosmtih. I love Kiss and them but Areosmith is better.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Stooge, please check the last page to make sure your voting for the correct battle.

Showing 3001-3015 of 4274