ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608923
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
1,855 posts
Nomad

Rammenstein all the way. Everything about it is better. No further explanation needed.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, Rammstein won this battle with an official 10 votes.. So there will be a new battle coming soon. Either give me a little bit of time (i have errands to run very shortly here) to get a fresh battle up, or as I said, either LBJames, Pixie, or MrDayCee can post the next battle, and by then I should be back up to speed after my internet downtime. Thanks again for your patience all!

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Finally. I voted for rammstein like more than a week ago.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Yea, and we might not get a new battle for another week.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Yea, and we might not get a new battle for another week.

It will be sooner than that. As Ilberic said, he's back after some issues (see above for details) so battles will be up more frequently again.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, sorry for the delay...

Here is the next battle -

System of a Down:
Chop Suey
Sugar
Spiders

vs.

Linkin Park
What I've Done
Crawling
Numb

System of a Down was suggested by jabello11. Since he didn't suggest an opponent I threw Linkin Park at them. I'm not sure if you all will consider them similar, but I'm not all that familiar with System of a Down, so as such I couldn't come up with a close match up (at least not intentionally). So there you have it, your next battle on the Battle of the Bands.

Your moderators are (in no particular order):
LBJames
Pixie
ilberic
MrDayCee

Any and all suggestions can be posted on my profile. Suggestions posted on other profiles may or may not go overlooked.

Thanks again for your patience as I do the best I can with my steadily irritating internet connection.

stooge90
stooge90
156 posts
Nomad

Linkin park cuz they play thier music better then SOAD

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

And Iberic, you forgot the best SOAD's song: Toxicity

Well, I actually like Chop Suey better than anything else I've heard by them. I put the other two on there because I didn't know them. Thus it exposes me to new music as well. Otherwise I honestly wouldn't listen to them. As I said in my original post I'm not that familiar with them (because I don't care to be, lol)

Anyway, the score for the battle is:

System of a Down - 1
Linkin Park - 1

though I am a little at odds with the shortness of stooge's vote, I'm gonna allow it for now unless any of the other moderators wants to veto it.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My vote goes to SOAD. The style that they use I like better than Linkin Park's, and the songs by SOAD I like better, even though I have head little from either artist.

JoshFrench
JoshFrench
26 posts
Nomad

definately Kiss

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

First of all it's DEFINITELY, and secondly, Kiss wasn't even an option for this match up. Please read the thread before posting off topic. /flame, /grammarnazi

OT: I would go with SOAD for this match up. I like the variations in many of their songs from calm and melodic to full on metal, and they tackle some very deep social and political issues in their music, which applies even more meaning to their message from my perspective. I appreciate Linkin Park on many levels, however the interjection of the rapping is a big put off to me, although tolerable simply because I feel that they are a very talented group.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

System of a Down has the early lead by a score of:

System of a Down - 3
Linkin Park - 2

That's because my vote is for Linkin Park. As I said, I don't know much about SOAD or care too based on what I've heard. Linkin Park, however, I do like. I don't care about their remix albums at all, but I have the others. I like the differences in Chester's voice. I actually DO like the interjection of rap by Shinoda (also have his Fort Minor album).

Keep the votes coming! Any and all suggestions are welcome on my profile. Thanks!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

The new battle is here. Actually, it has been here as promised. Now we need your help. Let's see some votes.

The links for sample songs from these two artists (Linkin Park & System Of A Down) are on page 312. Check them out and give us your verdict.

Any and all suggestions are welcome on my profile.

Thanks!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

System of a Down. I love their rage and their political message in their song.

Linkin Park went soft...

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Another vote for System of a Down makes the score:

System of a Down - 4
Linkin Park - 2

Linkin Park went soft...

I know what you mean. But I like some of their new stuff as well. They made their name combining rap and rock vocals and now it seems like they do either or instead.
Showing 3031-3045 of 4274