ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608908
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

SOAD because Toxicity, BYOB, and Science are amazing!

System of a Down - 5
Linkin Park- 2

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

That is indeed the correct score, though we typically prefer that vote tally'ing be left to the moderators of the thread:
LBJames
Pixie
ilberic
MrDayCee

The score is indeed:

System of a Down - 6
Linkin Park - 2

Thanks for the votes. I have a couple of suggestions in for the next battle(s).

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Tough call here... hmmmm... SOAD or LP... SoaD... LP... SoaD... LP... erm...

*grabs hair with both hands* MAAAAAAAAN!?! ...erm... erm... SYSTEM OF A DOWN!

Phew... there... that's done! Now for a proper reasoning to back it up! =D

Both bands have pro's and con's to face... Linkin Park definitely has had a rocketing start with great songs over the years that had an interesting mix of both the Rock and Rap genre, very refreshing style to listen to, but... they had a downside with that too... they became 'dull' if it comes to new songs and kept on going with the same thing in my opinion...
And even though System of a Down haven't been heard of since their last album and Serge Tankian should quickly return from his 'mistake he calls his solo career', they keep on being interesting when I listen to their songs that have an undeniable and original mix of 'Male Opera meets Metal'! So, even though I like(d) Linkin Park's early work, I have to vote for System of a Down! =D

And with my personal vote in, the score shows:

System of a Down - 7
Linkin Park - 2

Now... who's to proove me wrong then and reasonably votes for Linkin Park?!
Or are there any SoaD fans out there that want to fire it up some more?!

Let us know who you prefer and... VOTE!!! =P

jack28
jack28
75 posts
Nomad

Linkin Park they are awesome

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well, I will give Linkin Park a little nudge.
While SOAD have caught my attention once or twice on the TV, LP is the one I fall back on. I guess they have caught a tune I can relate to still, even though I am mostly over my stage of angst and emo. Little is better than Numb on repeat on a bad day.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hey, a real live Armor Games moderator visits the thread!..

And with his vote the score is now:

System of a Down - 7
Linkin Park - 3

Thanks for the votes and keep 'em coming. I got a couple of battles lined up, but am always open to suggestions!

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

System of a down!!I love their style. I wish they'd get back together, darn you hiatus! Now linkin park has a few good songs, but I don't like the rap rock combination. Mostly because I don't like rap

brodeur
brodeur
13 posts
Nomad

KI$$

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

KI$$

blecccch

The score is now:

System of a Down - 8
Linkin Park - 3

The battle is nearing an end, with SOAD looking for a commanding victory..
xxsneaky
xxsneaky
105 posts
Nomad

Ill go with Linkin Park because they were my favorite band until I was about 9 years old

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hey xxsneaky, tell us what it is you like about Linkin Park. Also, I'm not sure if you meant to say since you were 9 or did you actually mean that when you were about 9 you picked a different band as your favorite?

Score remains the same at this point.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I'll stay around for the next matchup.

The904
The904
75 posts
Nomad

I think Linkin Park was the best band for teenagers and some adults a couple years ago. And SOAD has only a couple good songs. So i will go with Linkin Park.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

The904's vote makes the current score:

System of a Down - 8
Linkin Park - 4

Google, does that mean you're not gonna vote for this battle? Or did you already? I didn't go back to check. Any reason if you're not voting for this one?

I'm letting this one run some more because the votes are trickling in..

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

I really prefer Linkin Park, grew up on their songs also, my parents listened to it, so it was always there xP
They have some amazing songs with very meaningful lyrics, not familiar with System of a Down, but listened to some of their songs.. Quite like some of them and the instrumentals are very good, but my vote still goes to Linkin Park.

Showing 3046-3060 of 4274