ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608885
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Linkin Park edges a little closer... starting to make this a race to the wire.. I have doubts whether or not we have enough voters for a 10-9 victory, but I'd sure like to see one.

System of a Down - 8
Linkin Park - 5

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

The number of people needed to make one group surely win is 19. 6 more to go.

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

System of a Down, I like quite a few of their songs, and I can't stand Linkin Park

pmalan
pmalan
207 posts
Nomad

Linkin Park, just because of three or four songs that I like. System of a Down it's too 'noisy', meeh..

shadowfyre541
shadowfyre541
61 posts
Peasant

I vote for Linkin Park, because I dislike hard rock or metal, and I'm more familiar with them and their angsty melodies.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

And while Linkin Park edges closer to System of a Down, SOAD moves within 1 of a victory!

System of a Down - 9
Linkin Park - 7

My next wish, should I get one granted, would be for battles like this to happen in a shorter period of time. I don't know how long this one has been going (yes I know I could check, but I don't wanna, pttth), but there were definitely dry stretches..

Thanks for all who continue to support this thread with votes and with suggestions!

The904
The904
75 posts
Nomad

If you need help keeping score, say you are away and a bunch of votes come in. I can help you.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

The voring has been around for only 8 days, not so long as you think it is.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Since there have been several new regular participants in this thread, a short reminder on the rules for the 'Battle of the Bands' competition seems appropriate... =)

=============================================================================================
"Battle of the Bands"
=============================================================================================

'BotB' THREAD RULES :

1. You can only vote one time in each current battle.
2. Do not spam (duh).
3. Do not complain if the band you want to win loses the battle.
4. Battles are picked by the moderators of this thread.
5. Suggestions for battles can be made by commenting them on ilberic's profile.
6. Official moderators for this 'BotB' thread are XxLBJames23xX, Pixie214, ilberic and MrDayCee.
-->Suggestions for battles or questions related can be directed to their profiles.
7. Battles will be fought untill one band reaches the 10-vote limit or however the moderators see fit in terms of length.

Most important rule of all : HAVE FUN AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE BAND!!!

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Its been a while since I have done this ..

This, for me, is a hard decision. I like SOAD but not as much as LP. So, my vote would probably have to go to LP. That is because I think that SOAD has to many hardcore songs while LP has more of peaceful, calm song. An example would be "In the End" (which is my favorite). So, with thqat being said, my vote goes to LP

System of a Down - 9
Linkin Park - 8

Thx MrDayCee xD

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

I choose SOAD, i just can't stand LP, SOAD is a lot more creative, talented and original than LP.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

I choose SOAD, i just can't stand LP, SOAD is a lot more creative, talented and original than LP.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

I think that is the final vote except if the judjes have something to say against hitmanvp95's vote.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

System of a Down wins what ended up being a close battle by the score of:

System of a Down - 10
Linkin Park - 8

Now for our next battle, we'll head up Nort' to Canada for a suggested battle between two Canadian bands.

Triumph:
Allied Forces
Fight the good fight
Hold On

vs.

Rush:
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
YYZ

Once again I must confess that I know very little about either band. The one I'm more familiar with is Rush. The Triumph songs were suggested by the one who suggested the battle - waluigi. Thanks for the suggestion!

Battle On!

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

This is a tough decision, but I'm going to go with Rush. The members of the band all can play the instruments incredibly well, and sometimes multiple instruments in a song. Neil Pert can play drums better than pretty much anyone else and Getty lee is a great singer/ bassist/ keyboardist (all in the same song ).

Showing 3061-3075 of 4274