ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608820
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Rush owns triumph any day!!

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

triumph

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'm back from my vacation and discover that I'M ON TIME TO VOTE FOR TRIUMPH!!! YESSSSS!!!

But first...
@ derek13756 : this battle was the first one ever posted and is not actual anymore... the current battle is between Rush and Triumph, please vote for them, with reasoning!
@ snipershot325 : thank you for voting, but you need to elaborate some more on the reason why you vote for Rush please, thread rules are binding for all participants...
@ slayguy8 : same here, thank you for voting, but a reasoning is needed for your vote to be legit!

Now... my personal vote for them is pretty simple to elaborate... I really like Rush and praise their total effect and addition to the world of music throughout the years, but...........
when I look (and listen) to the music of Triumph, they will steal my attention any time! And that's just the way how I discovered them! =D
I was busy doing something (can't remember what and it's not important anyway) when a Triumph song came on the radio, Follow Your Heart (Live Video 1987), and I completely forgot what I was doing at that moment and just sat in a state of 'aaaah'... then immidiately started googling on who this was and where I could find their music... and everything I found out about Triumph just made me love them more and more!!!
Listening and experiencing TRIUMPH is like the most magical, charismatic, enthousiastic and breathtaking Rock-And-Rollercoaster ride of your life!!!
Does this cover it all? It will have to do I guess... LOL =P

Funny how both ilberic and me are the only ones voting for Triumph... heheh =)
Score update shows:

Rush - 7
Triumph - 2

Who's willing to back us up? Or maybe more people want to push Rush further towards the win...

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

mrDayCee... I thank you for showing us Follow Your Heart. Added to my Ipod.

I do not know enough about triumph to vote for them. Rush has a very good unique sound. Add one to Rush.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

SCORE UPDATE (i already voted so this is not a vote for me)

By my count it is:

Rush-9
Triumph-2

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure that that is the score now.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Rush, I'm not sure who the other band, sorry if that offended anyone. I'm also kind of starting to listen to rush alot more lately. They're growing on me, you can just tell when it's a rush song, they have they're own style

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

That wins it for Rush with a score of:

Rush - 10
Triumph - 2

Moving on to our next suggested battle (MeatBalls1337):

Judas Priest:
Breaking the law
Love bites
You got another thing comin'

vs.

Iron Maiden:
Run to the hills
Number of the beast
Fear of the dark

Once again I'll have to apologize as I know next to nothing of Iron Maiden's library. If they have better songs, feel free to post links to them.

Once again, this battle brought to you by MeatBalls1337 through me! Thanks for the suggestion.

I have one more battle lined up after this, so if you have any more suggestions, then please feel free to post them on my profile.

Once again your moderators (and the only ones allowed to officially tally votes) are:

LBJames
Pixie
ilberic
MrDayCee

Thanks again for all your contributions, votes, and comments. You all have helped to keep this amazing thread going page after page after page!

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Pixie!?! Pixie's your moderator? I haven't seen him around for months!

Any who, My vote goes to Judas Priest. Good song, rebellious theme. They also placed in greatest rock songs of all time, so, I guess that says something.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I really just get tired of Iron Maiden after a while. Like you ilberic, I don't know a lot of there songs. So I vote Judas Priest. They have much more great songs.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Oh wow this is a tough one. Really good matchup and i will have to vote Iron Maiden.

Judas Priest-2
Iron Maiden-1

snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Wait wow?This is still going..or did you just start over sevral times..

okay..ermm Iron Maiden?

2, 2 it's a tie a quess..

http://rlv.zcache.com/green_and_brown_diamond_pattern_tie-p1515977893895424158gnz_325.jpg

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

Seriously, what dont you understand about Pixie, ilberic, MrDayCee, and I being the moderators. Let us worry about the tally and you guys worry about voting.

Thank you

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Pixie!?! Pixie's your moderator? I haven't seen him around for months!

In the beginning there was LBJames. LBJames begat Pixie. Pixie begat ilberic. ilberic begat MrDayCee.

Though I am the most active moderator on this thread currently, who am I to say the person who allowed me to be a moderator can't be a moderator anymore. It was LBJames thread to begin with, so the same question is raised. Knowing that Pixie and LBJames got their own non-armorgames stuff to deal with I brought in MrDayCee to help. This is how the heirarchy of the Battle of the Bands came to be. It was a fair question and this is your answer.

The score is currently:

Judas Priest - 2
Iron Maiden - 0

mdv96 & snipershot325, your votes don't count because you don't give any reason. Please feel free to revote.

Wait wow?This is still going..or did you just start over sevral times..

The Battle of the Bands will never die! Can I get a witness?!?
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I choose Judas Priest, because not only are thier songs kick ass but Iron Maiden needs to lose sometime for they arn't that great of a band. At least not better than Black Sabbath.

Hey ilberic, you forgot Turbo Lover!

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

I vote for Judas Priest I can't get enough of Diamonds and Rust! I've admired this group since 1979 and just like fine wine, they keep getting better with time!

Showing 3091-3105 of 4274