ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608791
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Judas Priest, because Breaking the Law beats Number of the Beast.

XiloBeast
XiloBeast
4 posts
Nomad

Judas priest... Ahh I remember the first song I heard by them.. "Electric Eye", As it said the name of the song I shocked my brother... Literally

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Hey ilberic, you forgot Turbo Lover!

What exactly are you talkin about? I looked back on this battle and see no "Turbo Lover". Or is that a song by one of the bands? Like I said, I'm not familiar with them really. It was a suggestion from someone else.

It doesn't look like there's going to be a problem with Iron Maiden losing this battle since the score is now:

Judas Priest - 6
Iron Maiden - 0
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My vote goes to Judas Priest Rob Halford has an amazing vocal range (probably one of the best of any singer). Also, they have great songs, such as "livin' after midnight", "jawbreaker", and &quotainkiller". So Judas Priest all the way... for this battle.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

Iron Maiden. Judas Priest has great songs too, but I just think Iron Maiden's best are better. Well, maybe this was a little out of guilt too XD

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

"Turbo Lover" is a Judas Priest song. My vote is for Judas Priest. They're both good British heavy metal bands that took the metal Led Zeppelin inspired and Black Sabbath created and turned it up another notch. But Judas Priest is the better band. Sure, Iron Maiden may have been louder and more obnoxious, but Judas Priest had it all together. For a few years in the early 80's, they were actually on top of the rock and roll world. Their songs had great rhytym and flow, and those catchy three-cord guitar riffs.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Thanks for the votes!

The current score is now:

Judas Priest - 8
Iron Maiden - 1

Looks like Iron Maiden got themselves a mercy vote, lol. This one's almost finished, then I got one more lined up. Feel free to suggest a battle to me, or at least a band on my profile and I'll get it up on this thread if I can.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Alright, Iron Maiden gets another vote. I was hoping for a few more votes in between tallies, but I guess this one will have to do for now...

Judas Priest - 8
Iron Maiden - 2

Next battle is coming soon unless Iron Maiden stages a massive comeback.

skullhead786
skullhead786
47 posts
Nomad

i vote for linkin park

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

@ skullhead786 : current battle is between Judas Priest and Iron Maiden! Please vote for one of those two bands...

Allright... I'll start the "massive comeback" for Iron Maiden then... LOL =P

My personal vote goes to Iron Maiden! When I compare the vocalists (Halford/Dickinson), their songs, the riffs used, their enthousiasm, the showelement and their overall-performance rate from both bands, Iron Maiden somehow manages to win those 'little battles' from Judas Priest every single time! Even if it's by very close call for some of them... so, Iron Maiden it is!!!

With my personal vote counted, Iron Maiden 'creeps' a little closer to Judas Priest!
But will it be enough to 'revive' before Judas Priest grabs the win?! 0_o

Judas Priest - 8
Iron Maiden - 3

We'll see what happens when this great battle continues!!!

Make yourself heard... VOTE PEOPLE!!! =D

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

I prefer Iron Maiden over Judas Priest. My personal opinion. Don't bash it please.

derek13756
derek13756
168 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith they sing better songs.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Allright MrAutomatic, we won't bash your opinion on who you like best, but please state why you prefer Iron Maiden over Judas Priest... thread rules are binding for everyone...

@ derek13756 : that's the first battle ever in this thread, please vote for the current battle at hand (with reasoning!)...

Score stays at:

Judas Priest - 8
Iron Maiden - 3

Anyone else wanting to participate in this great battle at hand?! =D

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

I vote for Maiden. I just heard a lot more songs from them than from Priest, plus Steve Harris is one of the best musicians ever.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, I'm calling this battle cause I'm tired of waiting for it to finish on its own.

Judas Priest wins by a score of:
Judas Pries - 8
Iron Maiden - 4

Next battle is an all girl battle suggested by Ernie15:

Go-Gos:
We got the beat
Our lips are sealed
Vacation

vs.

The Bangles:
Manic Monday
Walk like an Egyptian
Eternal flame

There you have it folks. I would venture to say it's Battle of the Band's first all female battle. Thanks for the suggestion Ernie!

Showing 3106-3120 of 4274