ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608755
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
SeaTurtle
SeaTurtle
116 posts
Nomad

The Bangles! I love walk like an egyptian!

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My vote goes for the Go-Go's. I prefer the singing in their songs more than the singing by the Bangles. I haven't heard much by either band though.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Thanks Ernie,
I'm glad to see the females battle for a change.
[b]My vote goes to the Go-Go's, they have a lot of fun making music and I hear that whenever I listen to the oldies or their newer music.
The Go-Go's were the first all-female group to sing, play and write their own music. The Go-Go's were also the first female band in rock history to gain a number 1 album. Most of the songs were co-written by Belinda Carlisle, singer and front-woman and Jane Wiedlin, guitarist. When the band split during 1985, Jane became a power house entrepreneur with her solo career, releasing six albums. They had to cancel this summer's tour because of Jane's injury. While hiking she fell and needed knee surgery and post-op care for a year. In the mean time Jane has done some acting on TV, movies and as a voice actor.
In contrast, Belinda Carlisle has enjoyed more platinum and gold successes with her solo career in the UK and Australia, than her former home, the US. She and her family moved to Europe in 1994, after the Northridge Earthquake.

The group reunited for good in 2001 and tour every summer. While, Carlisle and Jane still hold solo careers.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I vote for the Bangles. I love the video for Walk Like an Egyptian, and it's a great song all-around.

But this was a difficult choice for me.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

And we're off to a quick start..

The Bangles - 2
The Go-Go's - 2

Good for the ears, good for the eyes, good for the thread. All girl battle good all around. Thanks again Ernie!

mojo72595
mojo72595
165 posts
Nomad

i dont really like either band, however i would have to choose [b]kiss

shadowfyre541
shadowfyre541
61 posts
Peasant

I'm unfamiliar with both bands, but after listening to the provided likes, I vote for The Bangles, because they seem to have clearer vocals and catchier tunes.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Alright, and this speedy battle is up to a score of:

Bangles - 3
Go-Go's - 2

Come on, where are the voters at? Let's see some activity here. I got a few suggestions (albeit by 1 person) for future battles. If you have a battle you'd like to see, then by all means let me know.

Your moderators (should you have issues or questions) are:

ilberic (that'd be me)
MrDayCee
lbjames
Pixie

Remember that only moderators can count official tallies. Thanks!

DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

I hate both. But Go-Go's

Fall0ut
Fall0ut
128 posts
Peasant

Aerosmith is better in my own opinion. I have never been a real fan of them but they sure are better then Kiss.

DoctorHouseNCIS
DoctorHouseNCIS
304 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith and Kiss were done long ago, Fall0ut

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Yes they were. Also, DoctorHouse... we need a reason for your choice of Go-Go's, whether it's all the stuff you hate about the Bangles or the few things you prefer about the Go-Go's. Votes do not count without reasoning.

Thanks for stopping in. Please feel free to revote, or elaborate on your vote.

Greybox
Greybox
53 posts
Nomad

How could this thread start with aerosmith and kiss and end up with The Bangles and The Go-Go's?

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

This thread is 321 pages long.. you have to expand your horizons from time to time in order to get the longevity that we like. I think our last battle was Iron Maiden vs. Judas Priest.. obviously quite different. If you don't like this battle, by all means suggest new battles that you find more "realistic" and I will do my best to get them up here. Please suggest them on my profile though.

Greybox
Greybox
53 posts
Nomad

Thanks for that explanation, I was unaware we could recommend new battles, In that case I would like to see:

3 Doors Down Vs 3 Days Grace

I think you see the theme.

Showing 3121-3135 of 4274