ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608689
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
TheAKGuy
TheAKGuy
995 posts
Nomad

Well, I might try to run a few things at once. (Anyway, I have not heard of any of them. The Go-Go's? The Bangles? Very 80's/70's. Anyways...)

The Rapper Battle:

2Pac
Eminem
Kanye West
Dr. Dre
Lil' Wayne
Drake
Ice-T
Nas

Can't find any else, so just vote for another rapper if no one on the list interests you.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

TheAKGuy, get out of here! If you want to start an entirely new debate, start your own thread. If you do that, I would probably participate. It might die though, because of all the rap-haters on this site.

TheAKGuy
TheAKGuy
995 posts
Nomad

OK, the AKGuy is out to start his own thread. Peace!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok this battle is officially over.

The Bangles eek out a win by the score of:

Bangles - 5
Go-Go's - 4

Agent_AAS, this next battle was one of your suggestions. I know you suggested 3 battles, but for now I'm just gonna pick one of them. I may come back to the others another time, but I have other suggestions rolling in as well and I like to make sure that people feel they have a voice here. So on to your battle:

Blink 182:
All the small things
What's my age again
Always

vs.

Sum 41:
In too deep
Fat lip
Underclass hero

Once again it's another case of knowing virtually nothing about the bands battling. If I didn't pick your favorite songs by these two groups for samples, feel free to post a link. But this is our battle, so let's see some voting. Thanks!

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

hmm... I'd say Sum 41. Some of their older songs are pretty good.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Um, this isn't a very good match up. Talent wise, I mean, because their styles and genres are very similar. I'll have to go with Blink-182. I believe they have some good guitar riffs on songs, I think their vocalist is better than Sum 41, although the lyrics weren't very well-written and pretty immature.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Blink-182. These bands aren't that great, but Blink gets my vote. Their actually one of the better 90s punk bands, and they've got great melodies. Sum 41 doesn't have as good chemistry.

xXAngeLOFDeatHXx
xXAngeLOFDeatHXx
22 posts
Nomad

I gotta say Kiss, I am not a big fan but their songs are better

pmalan
pmalan
207 posts
Nomad

I gotta say Kiss, I am not a big fan but their songs are better

Kiss? Wtf?

Well, I was a huge fan of Blink 182. When I was like 12/13 years old, a long time ago, Blink 182 was literally my life. I knew all of their songs, and I played most of them on the guitar and the drums. They had a huge variety of songs; a lot them were stupid but very catchy at the same time. They were definitely a great success! I was really sad when they broke up, it was Mark's fault.
Also, Travis Barker is a freaking good drummer! And he's like so... hmmm crazy? lol
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

I was really sad when they broke up

Hate to break your heart, but they're reforming. According to Wikipedia: "After some tragic events involving the band and its entourage, Blink-182 reunited in February 2009 and a new album is in the works."
Hopefully that makes you feel better, you seem broken up. I don't really care.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Alright, this battle is quickly catching up to the all girl battle from before. Blink 182 is ahead by a score of:

Blink 182 - 4
Sum 41 - 1

Nice to see some quick voting. Hopefully we can take this one all the way to 10. Once again, suggestions always welcome on my profile. Thanks!

pmalan
pmalan
207 posts
Nomad

Hate to break your heart, but they're reforming. According to Wikipedia: "After some tragic events involving the band and its entourage, Blink-182 reunited in February 2009 and a new album is in the works."
Hopefully that makes you feel better, you seem broken up. I don't really care.

This is bullshit, they aren't coming back. But, if they do reunite, they won't be the same band that they were in the late 90s.
I really don't care also, I don't listen to them anymore.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'll throw my vote in to kick this competition back to life! =D

I've compared both bands in music style and although they sound a bit the same, Blink 182 DOES have some more catchy songs in their repertoire... and that's the only thing that makes a slight difference for me in this battle!
So my personal vote goes to Blink 182!!!

Blink 182 - 5
Sum 41 - 1

Now... get your neighbours, friends, family or even foe to check out this competition and make them vote for their favorite bands!!! =D

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I myself have to vote for Blink 182 as well. The only reason though is because of Janine Lindemulder. I don't care one way or another about their music (either group's). It's ok, but nothing I've heard by either grouop excites me. So Janine tips the scale for me in this battle.

Blink 182 - 6
Sum 41 - 1

Looks like a walk away for Blink 182. Sure would like to see a complete battle again, but that's up to you all. Let's see them votes!

wwiifan
wwiifan
272 posts
Nomad

meh, i don't really care for either one, but if I had to pick, it would be Blink 182

Showing 3151-3165 of 4274