ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608228
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
shadowfyre541
shadowfyre541
61 posts
Peasant

but Let it Be was a song by Paul.

my bad, its hard to tell sometimes....
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Alright, this is the last call for this battle. The current score has it at:

Paul McCartney - 7
John Lennon - 6

At this time tomorrow the next battle will arrive. So for those who haven't voted yet, this is your last chance.

pickleshack
pickleshack
356 posts
Nomad

John Lennon. Strawberry Fields.

gimmedatcheez
gimmedatcheez
2 posts
Nomad

John Lennon. He was robbed of restarting his career. Think of all the music that mankind will never experience! Just like starting over is a classic

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Alright... as promised this battle is now closed.. And the official score is:

Paul McCartney - 7
John Lennon - 7

I think it's fitting that this battle should end in a tie. Two absolute superstars..

And I also think it's also fitting that we should complete this battle by letting the, forgive me, lesser Beatles battle out against each other. So naturally, without further ado, the next battle is:

George Harrison

Vs.

Ringo Starr (suddenly can't remember if he uses 1 "r" or 2)

Battle on!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

The first battle between two former 'Fab Four' members is over... good to see that the battle between John -"The Witty One"- and Paul -"The Cute One"- has ended in a tie! Only seems fitting...

Now, to add some videos from the other two former Beatles, George -"The Quiet One"- and Ringo -"The Funny One"-! =D

George Harrison :
# Got My Mind Set On You
# My Sweet Lord
# When We Was Fab
# All Those Years Ago
# Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
# Blow Away
# Isn't It A Pity

Ringo Starr :
# Photograph
# It Don't Come Easy
# You're Sixteen, You're Beautiful (And You're Mine)
# Back Off Boogaloo
# No No Song
# Only You
# Oh My My

Let's see who the voters think is the better Beatle here! =)

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

George Harrison is WAY better in my opinion.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My vote goes for George Harrison. His voice is much better than Ringo's and overall, he had way more popular songs, my favorites being My Sweet Lord" and "I've got my mind set on you". An honestly, Ringo was not a great songwriter.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,124 posts
Blacksmith

I'm going to cast my vote for George Harrison. I just like his style and voice better than Ringo's.

An honestly, Ringo was not a great songwriter.
I have to agree. Poor Ringo...
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

As this battle is on it's way, it seems as if Ringo is already way behind on George... 0_o

@ Ghgt99 : as the rules clearly state, you have to add a proper reasoning to your vote... it will not be counted unless you do and your post will be erased by a moderator if you don't. Just a fair warning...

And as for myself, I have to agree with all others who voted before me... George does have a better voice and better songs compared to Ringo... see, if this were a 'Best Drummer Battle', things might have (surely WOULD have) gone differently, since Ringo Starr IS one of the best drummers of his time, inspiring others to achieve his level of professionalism! Take a quote from a 'master drummer' who was himself influenced by Starr: Phil Collins...

"Starr is vastly underrated. The drum fills on the song "A Day in the Life" are very complex things. You could take a great drummer today and say, 'I want it like that.' He wouldn't know what to do..."

That and the fact that I simply love 'I Got My Mind Set On You' and 'All Those Years Ago', his personal tribute to John Lennon! And I honestly didn't have any 'vibe' for any of the hits Ringo wrote/made...

So fair enough, when it comes to stating a vote on the achievements of these two singers/ongwriters... my vote clearly goes to George Harrison!

First score round up including my personal vote shows us :

George Harrison - 3
-Vs.-
Ringo Starr - 0

Let's see if poor Ringo can catch up with George... ouch... =/

State your votes people!!! =D

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I really enjoy ringos music as it cheered me up sometimes and george harrison was also good but... yeah ringo gets my vote

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

"Starr is vastly underrated. The drum fills on the song "A Day in the Life" are very complex things. You could take a great drummer today and say, 'I want it like that.' He wouldn't know what to do..."

This is true, as he has some drum parts that are very difficult. However, Ringo himself admitted that he couldn't do a roll to save his life. I do believe that rolls are somewhat more basic parts of drumming.
FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Wow, what a terrific matchup. The two lesser-known solo Beatles both had very distinguished careers, and Ringo is still in fact very active. But my vote has to go to George Harrison. He expanded the sound of the guitar when he was with the Beatles, and expanded it even more during his solo career.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

Starr is vastly underrated. The drum fills on the song "A Day in the Life" are very complex things. You could take a great drummer today and say, 'I want it like that.' He wouldn't know what to do..."

I totally agree, and I have never heard any track with Ringo in it that had a bad drum track; never outplayed his partners like Moon or Bonham, and in my opinion, ranks right up there as one of the top drummers of all-time, if not the best.
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Nice voting thus far.. loving the insight and personal opinions that seem to be coming out more in this battle than any others in recent history. It's also stimulating some good conversation as well. This is what this thread is all about. Thanks to everyone who's contributing in this way.

I'll cast my vote in this battle now. I love some songs by George Harrison and he was great in bringing big names together for a common goal (i.e. - Traveling Wilburys). That being said, Ringo has entertained me more in his career. From his looks to his songs, whether or not he wrote them, he always seems to put a smile on my face or laughter in my voice. For that reason, I'm voting for the "underdog"... Ringo Starr.

This makes the current score:

George Harrsion - 4
Ringo Starr - 2

Showing 3316-3330 of 4274