ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2608142
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
CaptainSamoa
CaptainSamoa
364 posts
Nomad

George Harrison has had a vastly superior solo career. I place my vote for him, not only because I believe he is a better artist, but because my brother once bought a Ringo Starr album and I thought it was...awful for lack of a better word. It's like comparing a Ford Mustang to a mini-van almost.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well, here we are at a stand still again... 5 days since the last post. Captain Samoa's vote makes it:

George Harrison - 5
Ringo Starr - 2

If we don't get any more votes soon, I'll put up the next battle. Hopefully it's just the Holidays that's slowing things down..

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

George Harrison. He has really gentle songs, and in my opinion guitars are better songmakers than drums.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

im afraid its the sticky that make this less active

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Yeah, the sticky is a blessing and a curse. Overall, I think I'll take it. Sometimes I felt a little cheap bumping the thread up to the front page to get some action because it looked like my goal was to get more posts under my belt. When in reality, my goal was to get more activity to the thread. Now that we're stickied though, I try not to be quite as active on here unless we have a wave of voting/comments.

As for the current battle, George Harrison gets another vote so the total comes to:

George Harrison - 6
Ringo Starr - 2

I'm going to let this battle go until next week just in case people are away for the holidays.. then the new year will bring a new battle as well.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and hope you have a Happy New Year!

crazyfrogbg
crazyfrogbg
58 posts
Peasant

George Harrison - 6
Ringo Starr - 3

(:

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Sorry crazyfrog, but you need a reason for your vote to count. There always has to be a reason or else it is considered spam.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

I like George Harrison because his songs ake you think about special moments.

George Harrison-7
Ringo Starr-2

crazyfrogbg
crazyfrogbg
58 posts
Peasant

George Harrison - 6
Ringo Starr - 3

ringo because his music especially between the two is best. is the style I like

crazyfrogbg
crazyfrogbg
58 posts
Peasant

sorry, correcting, george harrison 7 *

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

To all voters in this thread: DON'T post the scores yourself, since it will make for a poor overview... as an example, have a look at what happened in the two posts above! Enough said there I think...

As for the two voters... the reasoning is as thin as paper, but for now (as it is the beginning of a new year) we'll count them both. Be sure to upgrade your reasonings for the coming battles this year! =)

Official score count for this battle:

George Harrison - 7
Ringo Starr - 3

Now, we're having a look if this battle has some life left in it, but if it doesn't pick up real quick, a new battle will be posted... so STAY TUNED!!! And most of all, KEEP VOTING!!! =D

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Ok, that's enough of this battle.. George Harrison wins in a landslide. The most obvious next battle would be a 3 way (by virtue of the tie) between George, Paul & John, but we're gonna get away from this music at least temporarily.. So that being said.. Here is your next battle:

The Dave Grohl Battle:

I was debating which of Dave's bands to battle... then I thought, why not all four... So for the first time in Battle of the Bands... We're gonna go 4 ways:

Nirvana

vs.

Foo Fighters

vs.

Queens of the Stone Age

vs.

Them Crooked Vultures

Hopefully this will give us a wide range of opinion and spark some controversy/conversation as well. Videos will follow, and/or as always, feel free to post a link to your favorite songs by each. Thanks!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

i mean ugh.... i feel like i cant vote against kurt for his influence..... but foo fighters are so much better.

im going to vote for the foo fighters. a tough call. but alot of nirvanas songs really depress me you know? like heart shaped box, thats a horrible song in my oppinion.

PoetryHere
PoetryHere
73 posts
Nomad

Honestly.. I don't really like either of those four, but I like an okay amount of songs by Nirvana, well really only "Smells Like Teen Spirit", the rest of the bands, are all just meh, so I don't really like them.. so if it's for a vote?

Nirvana.

FryLock19
FryLock19
1,312 posts
Peasant

i mean ugh.... i feel like i cant vote against kurt for his influence..... but foo fighters are so much better.

That's exactly what I was thinking! While Kurt had a massive influence on so many different songwriters, the Foo Fighters are so much better. All those hits, all the juicy albums - I'm hooked on Colour & the Shape, There Is Nothing Left To Lose, In Your Honor and Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace - I'd have to pick Foo Fighters.
Showing 3331-3345 of 4274