ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607065
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I think most people who frequent this section are more concerned over JB's sexuality then real music.

Really? It wouldn't even cross my mind to be honest... with me, once the word music is pronounced, I forget any other ralated topic! =P

Your optimism is still admirable Day.

I'm known for my optimism! I always try to think positive about any situation, so this is nothing different! It might change in favour of AiC, but somehow I think my bet would have paid off in the end, meaning Nirvana's going to win...
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

Nah, I'm sure Overratedvana won't lose.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

Kiss
i personally dont like either but Aerosmith is definently not as good as Kiss

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Kiss
i personally dont like either but Aerosmith is definently not as good as Kiss

That was the first battle Rainbow. It's between Nirvana and AIC now.
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

That was the first battle Rainbow. It's between Nirvana and AIC now.

ohh hahaha no wonder i got confused but thanks
then i would definently choose Nirvana cause Nirvana just brought like a depressing rock song into something that everybody would love and wanted to rock out to, the man is a legand
RIP Kurt Cobain
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I should probably throw in my two cents worth. I prefer Alice in Chains, mainly because I can't stand Kurt Cobain's voice. I like the heavy guitar tone that Alice in Chains uses, and that combined with Staley's vocals make a superb sound.

bdogg214ever
bdogg214ever
44 posts
Nomad

This is a very close battle for me. Both bands are in my top ten. I think I am going to have to go with Nirvana. I think all people tjink of when they think of Nirvana is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" but they don't realize the quality of Kurt Cobain's voice (RIP). If you don't like Nirvana because of the screaming raspy voice, listen to the song "The Man Who Sold the World" or "Something in the Way". I think it will change your mind. No disrespect to AIC but Nirvana wins this battle for me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Seems like my bet is surely going to pay off here... heheh...heehhh... =P

Come on you guys! Proove me wrong and help Alice in Chains a bit! =)

Wait... am I trying to get myself to loose my own bet here?!
*chinrubs*
Why ahm...
*scratches head*
Oh, wel...

Whatever, loosing makes you stronger (or somethin' like that)... let's just keep them votes coming in!!! =D

electricjellyfish666
electricjellyfish666
1 posts
Nomad

Aerosmith all the way!
they have better albums and songs

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Aerosmith all the way!
they have better albums and songs

Really?

Anyways, I leave this battle up for another day, and then I plan on changing it. Again, suggestions are always welcome. Current score is:
Nirvana: 7
AiC: 4
katchka
katchka
15 posts
Nomad

Nirvana is better than AiC

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

And now this battle comes to and end. Far too much time in this thread, it did spend. And now a showing of the final score
Nirvana's 7 to AiC's 4

A new battle of bands, for your vote to cast. Here to make sure this battle shall last. More grunge, down your throat, shall be rammed. For out next battle is:

Soundgarden
vs.
Pearl Jam.

*section should be read in voice of Zecora from MLP.

Soundgarden:
Black Hole Sun
Spoonman
Rusty Cage

Pearl Jam:
Alive
Just Breathe
Jeremy

Let the Battle begin!

And sorry for the rhyming if you didn't like it. I just felt I needed to do that. Also, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease give me your suggestions for battles.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

NEW BATTLE!!! YAY! =D

I think my vote is pretty easy here: Pearl Jam! I really like the 2 most known songs by Soundgarden, Black Hole Sun and Spoonman, but the rest of their legacy (can it be called that?) is nothing that can please me, sorry...
As for Pearl Jam, they're a band that has been in my life ever since my highschool days, with a peaking point being a concert I visited last year, that was simply AWESOME! Best part was Eddie sneaking off of the stage to smoke a joint and enjoy a glass of wine! We were seated at the side of the podium and no one except for us could see him at the side of the podium and he was having a ball there! Easy but EPIC stuff to remember... =D

P.S.: and I don't mind you rhyming it off there waluigi! I actually enjoyed reading it, good stuff! =)
P.P.S.: I'll brainstorm over some new battle suggestions for you, ok? That seems only fair given the fact that I'm a former active-now standby BotB-mod!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Easily a vote for Soundgarden for me. I can't stand Eddie Veder or his vocals. Where as I really like Chris Cornell's vocals. He made Audioslave what it was, which was really where I picked up on him. The music itself is immaterial to me in this battle because I just can't get pass how much I dislike Veder.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I'm going to listen to more of both before making a decision for this one...

Showing 3661-3675 of 4274