ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2607037
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

I own albums by both. Pearl Jam doesn't have a single one that stands out in my head.

But Superunknown by Soundgarden is a really quality album that I can always listen to even if I don't like a lot of the bands other work.

I vote Soundgarden.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

as much as i love soundgarden, pearl jam gets my vote.

eddie vedder is one of my heros, his lyrics inspire me daily. not to mention how much influence they had on the 90's on of my all time favorite bands

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Pearl Jam just has more good songs, always amazing lyrics and instrumentals.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for not being prompt about the update. but our current score is now:

Soundgarden: 2
Pearl Jam: 3

Let's keep the votes coming folks.

nico123ja
nico123ja
27 posts
Nomad

I will vote for pearl jam

weter506
weter506
159 posts
Nomad

Pearl Jam ROCKS!

PsyhcoWalrus
PsyhcoWalrus
40 posts
Nomad

Hmm...I'm not a fan of either band, but I've heard both of them before and would have to say that Aerosmith has a more diverse sound. And I've also heard more of their songs. I think I've only ever heard one Kiss song(Rock And Roll All Night). Aerosmith probably has sold more albums and has had more top ten hits so I would say Aerosmith. I don't really particularly like either band though.

ShockwaveOP
ShockwaveOP
27 posts
Nomad

I love Pearl jam because they have awesome song......

xOCEANSx
xOCEANSx
2 posts
Nomad

Pearl Jam

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

May I remind everyone who just voted that there needs to be a reason behind your vote that's more elaborate than something like "I like their songs" or something of that nature.
Also, PyshcoWalrus; read the thread title.

score remains:
Pearl Jam: 3

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

This battle was fail. Only 5 counting votes, *sigh*. Anyways, we have a new battle. The final score of Soundgarden Vs. pearl Jam

Peal Jam: 3

Now for a voter suggested battle (YEAH!). Our next battle:

Slipknot vs. Five Finger Death Punch

Slipknot:
Before I Forget
Psychosocial
Wait And Bleed

Five Finger Death Punch:
Under And Over It
The Bleeding
Never Enough

Let the battle begin.

impulse255dj
impulse255dj
48 posts
Farmer

Slipknot Vs F.F.D.P?
My vote has to go to Slipknot. Two reasons..

1) I've had the pleasure of sitting round drinking beers with these guys and I can tell you that they are 100% genuine nice guys.

2)When it comes to amounts of energy at live show there are few who come close to Slipknot. I'm not a huge fan Slipknot's albums, but seriously see them live if you get a chance.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Slipknot is highly overated by emo kids who think that Slipknot is genuine metal. I'll say Slipknot though, cause I'm more familiar with them.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

This one shouuld be epic. Two titans of heavy metal.

@Nichodemus Slipknot is definitely metal. They are of the nu metal genre. Listen to the album Iowa

These two bands are really close in comparison in my mind.

I'm going to have to go with slipknot on this one. And there is only one reason that they stand out in my mind. It's because heavy metal isn't about record sales, or getting music played on the radio. It's about a brotherhood. If you are a metal fan, you are automatically entered into this brotherhood of fellow metal fans. I know that I can go to a concert completely alone and know that I'll have at least a couple new buddies by the end of the night. It's about going to a live performance, and being in the brotherhood. And the leaders are the band playing. And few deliver a concert as well as slipknot. High energy, they have the masks, and are very personal with the crowd. When Slipknot is on stage,it's family, not business. That is why I vote for slipknot

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

both of them can be really god awful at times. but the way of the fist is a brilliant album so therefore FFDP gets my vote

Showing 3676-3690 of 4274