ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606992
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Sigh...At least its better than those people who still vote for the Aerosmith/ KISS battle from three years back.

So... why not confuse everybody and post that battle a second time waluigi?!
That would sure be a good laugh...

A: "KISS FTW!!! Yeah!"
B: "That's not the current battle A... sigh, here we go again!"
A: "wait... KISS -vs- Aerosmith IS the current battle, right?!"
B: "No dummy, that's the first battle ever posted in this thread!"
*checks the last page*
"See? I... hey?! Hang on... why is the first battle also on the last page?!"
*checks OP again*
"What the...?!?!" (o.O)

LOL XD

I think I've got an idea for the next battle already that I dug out from deep in the archives of my profile comments.

This wouldn't, by any chance, be the one I suggested waaayyy back when, would it? =)

Right... on with another score count for now :

Slipknot grabs the lead once again!

Current 'BotB' battle :

8 - Slipknot
7 - Five Finger Death Punch

I wonder how long waluigi wants to keep this one running? *looks sideways* Any idea man? =)

Maybe it's time to throw the towel? I don't know... tough... =/
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

This wouldn't, by any chance, be the one I suggested waaayyy back when, would it? =)

Nailed it
I wonder how long waluigi wants to keep this one running? *looks sideways* Any idea man? =)

Maybe it's time to throw the towel? I don't know... tough... =/

I'll give it a day or two more. I always let battles go longer than they should, but this time we're getting so many votes.
OoberxAllen
OoberxAllen
147 posts
Nomad

Hmm, this is actually a tough one but my vote will go to Slipknot.

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

Ok i apologize Nichodemus, i misinturpreted (again i suck at spelling) you. No hard feelings?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

No, no bad blood Avenged, it's only over music.

@Oober

You need better reasoning rather than just assertions without any back up if you want your vote to be counted.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

It's time to change battles! After a month of fighting it out, the final tally:

Slipknot: 8
FFDP: 7

OoberxAllen: your vote did not count do to lack of reasoning.

our new battle was dug out from deep in my profile comments. Suggested by your co-mod Mrdaycee

GWAR vs. Rammstein

GWAR:
Penguin Attack
Womb With A View
Gor Gor

Rammstein:
Du Hast
Amerika
Mein Teil

Let the Battle Begin

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I love Rammstein to bits, because it redefined a genre, made it synonymous with their name and made me love German metal. I love how they manage to blend electro so nicely with metal!

I like GWAR's costumes and stage props, but Rammstein makes much better theatrics, what with pyro performances and all.

Also, as a sign of my dedication, my alarm clock ring tone is Du Hast, which pisses off my entire family at 6 30 am in the morning.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Oh wait...didn't really make it clear. :|

Rammstein!

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

My wife would kill me if i don't vote for Rammstein in this one. Not that I was going to vote any different anyway. I think my favorite song by them is Engel... just love the western whistle in that song. She has a few DVD's of them and they put on a pretty cool show.

Nichodemus... My alarm clock is set to Adios by Rammstein.. gives my wife a heart attack every time I use it, lol.

Rammstein is my vote.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Doesn't your wife like Rammstein? So why would she be surprised?

I love Engel as well! And Link 2 3 4, Sonne, Zwitter. I can't overstate how unique Lindemann's gratingly harsh metallic voice is.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I vote for Rammstein. I don't know if it's a valid reason to vote for a group, but Du Hast was the first song I ever downloaded on iTunes. Before I realized it was a scam to pay for music.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Hey it isn't a scam, it's just a more legitimate albeit expensive way of supporting your favourite bands...

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Hey it isn't a scam, it's just a more legitimate albeit expensive way of supporting your favourite bands...

More like supporting the record companies the bands are signed to.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Which if there weren't any, won't give bands the start-up attention needed, or the capacity to expand....

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Doesn't your wife like Rammstein? So why would she be surprised?

She loves them, which is why she would kill me if i didn't vote for them... not sure where the confusion is there actually. But she knows that I like them as well.

Unless you're talking about my alarm clock.. If you listen to Adios, waking up to that song is akin to having someone come in the room screaming at the top of their lungs to wake you out of a dead sleep.... which is why i love using it as my alarm clock.. cause it works, lol.
Showing 3721-3735 of 4274