ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606986
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

it's just a more legitimate albeit expensive way of supporting your favourite bands...

So then the only people who can listen to and download a wide variety of music are the people with extra money to spare? That's capitalism if I ever saw it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

And what's so bad about capitalism? It's hypocritical of me, but downloading music for free is downloading someone's hard work for jack squat. In a free market yes, resources are allocated to those who can pay the highest for them.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

So, what's the story with you guys and all the Rammstein-alarm clocks?!?! (o.O)
Would I be out of sink here to tell that I have a simple "beep beep beep" that wakes me in the morning? LOL

having someone come in the room screaming at the top of their lungs to wake you out of a dead sleep...

I bet kids can be just as effective as an alarm clock then! Heheh... Only diference would probably be that their voice doens't have that low pitch like Till Lindemann's when they should ask for a nice glass of... "MILK... MILK... MILK 2, 3, 4!!!"

And what's so bad about capitalism? It's hypocritical of me, but downloading music for free is downloading someone's hard work for jack squat.

I'll jump in for just a sec, but only because it's an off topic-topic...
I think that the first thing they should do in the music business, is rearrange the whole system with where the money goes, rather than should - or should we not pay for music. Artists made it, record companies distribute it and earn money for both of them, so just split it 70-30 repsectively! And we're done... =)

I can't sit this one out, simply because I was the one who suggested it, so I'll be adding my bit to the pile of votes starting to emerge here! =D
For some reason, the battle is won at all fronts by Rammstein here. GWAR's costume, props, show and acts are all of high level and fantastic to look at (wish I had such a costume at home - WANT!!), but Rammstein keeps it simple, but OH-SO effective in terms of show, which makes for an orgasmic crowd I tell ya! I've seen them perform live 3 times now (all within half a year's window) and they move the crowd, even those that aren't at a festival to come and see them!
Rammstein's music wins for being original, as to where GWAR's music is metal and ... metal, yes! Rammstein's music defined their own style and the German language makes for powerful lyrics, something English can't be compared to. =P
Well, having said all that... there's one other thing I have to add to my listing of 'why Rammstein' and that's simple, just like ilberic my girlfriend would 'SLAY' me if I were to vote other than Rammstein! What's with these women and Rammstein?! Probably the pounding hypnotising voice of Till I assume... =P

So my vote clearly goes to RAMMSTEIN!!!

OH! Almost forgot... GWAR has done something that I haven't seen Rammstein do just yet, just watch this video of GWAR singing christmas carols, it's hilarious!!! Even granny likes them after the first shock! LOL Couldn't withold this from you guys!

So, the first score round up shows us :

Current 'BotB' Battle :

0 - GWAR
4 - RAMMSTEIN

Sorry waluigi, couldn't help myself for continuing the score count there... hope you don't mind! =)

So, Rammstein has taken a comfortable lead over GWAR here, something that might have been expected, allthough the metalheads might proove different if they visit and vote... so, make them come to see the battle between Rammstein and GWAR!

LET!... THEM!... VO-HO-HO-HOTE!!!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Possibly because I am terrified of being late for school....nothing beats having a loud German grunt wake you up everyday.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

In a free market yes, resources are allocated to those who can pay the highest for them.

I wouldn't consider music to be a "resource", as in a digital world, there isn't a limited amount.

It would be helpful to someone, whether it's the actual musical artist or just the record company, if you were to purchase your music, but they would not lose anything if you were to download their music for free.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I wouldn't consider music to be a "resource", as in a digital world, there isn't a limited amount.

Resources, items to purchase, consumer goods yada yada, phrase it however you like. Same thing.

but they would not lose anything if you were to download their music for free.

They would lose the money they could have made if you didn't illegally download their music.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

To jump in on the side-tracked-topic...

Look at the difference in profit over an album when you look at paid digital downloading or purchase of an actual compact disc.
A digital album costs, what? Maybe 4 dollar? As where a compact disc costs something like 15 dollar maybe? Anyone having the choice would surely buy the digital version, unless you're a collector (like me) who wants a 'feel' to an album when listening to it and gladly (well...) pays the amount asked! =)

The costs of both products are of course of no comparison whatsoever, but the profit surely outweights that for the record companies! I hear a certain Pink Floyd song coming along here...

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

While meanwhile, there is me over here, who is disregarding CD's and digital media for Vinyl. Vinyl is epic.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

OOOHHH YUZ!!! Waluigi, you're king!

*bows with humble dignity for his majesty*

Vinyl it is, massssteerrrrr... *grlgrl*

DayCee likes master playing vinyl, more please! LOL

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

What the heck is GWAR??? Though i don't know my vote obviously goes to Rammstein! They are an awesome German band and i'm German too so... I love Du Hast the most though!

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

hahaha everyone here like Rammstein! So do I!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You should sample Gwar to have a fair choice.

@Day

We're discussing illegally downloading as compared to buying the music, buying from any source.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

@ schmiddy1234 : That's what the example videos are for schmiddy. So kannst du sehn was fuer musik beide bands spielen und welche show sie machen/haben! Ok? Just have a look and maybe you'll find a renewed answer who you're going to vote for!

@ nichodemus : this has already been taken care of my friend! Have a look at Page 375 of the thread and you'll find example videos from both contestants!

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

MrDayCee wrote:
That's what the example videos are for schmiddy.

Actually i have heard Rammstein A LOT before this and i never touched the examples...Also i've played Du Hast on Guitar Hero 5 too!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well, you haven't heard GWAR to make a fair choice Schmiddy.

Yep, I know that Day!

Showing 3736-3750 of 4274