ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606978
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MoraMetal
MoraMetal
6 posts
Nomad

Kiss is better

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Kiss is better

This never gets old. As the title says the current battle is GWAR vs. Rammstein.
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Kiss is better

This never gets old. As the title says the current battle is GWAR vs. Rammstein.

Made me laugh.

Rammstein, for sure. I understand what Rammstein is saying, screw GWAR.
No offense to the lovers of GWAR, of course.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

@MoonFairy

I know right,I understand 70% of what they says in their songs and I'm not German.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

InB4DayCeeupdates

A quick update, for I'd say this battle is soon to draw to an end.
The score now with counting votes

GWAR: 1
Rammstein: 8

Minotaur: a little more reasoning is needed for your vote to count.
Morametal: *facepalm*

Suggestions for battles are gladly appreciated. If you have one, post it on either mine or Daycee's profile

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Good job Rammstein!!!!!!!
you are doing good! AND I ALWAYS HAVE LUVED U GUYS!!!!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

InB4DayCeeupdates

LOL I actually thought of doing this yesterday AND the day before, both decided not to on both occasions... just to let you do it!

This battle is probably considered as really 'OVER-over' now... a new 'BotB' battle will be posted soon, but Waluigi and I have to urge people to post their suggestions for battles!

We do have some battles still lined up by ourselves, one of them will be posted next, but any suggestions are welcome people!! Just post them on either waluigi's or my profile and we'll have a look at them! Thanx! =)

[quote]Good job Rammstein!!!!!!!
you are doing good! AND I ALWAYS HAVE LUVED U GUYS!!!!/quote]

I don't think 'Till Lindemann' or any other member of the band will visit ArmorGames (or has ever for that matter) and sees this post Schmiddy... but your enthusiasm is enjoying! =)
Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

hahaha i like ur humor mrdaycee =D

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

At this point it would be silly to think my vote will change the score in any way but I'm going with Rammstein. Rosenrot is possibly my favourite song of all time, I speak very little German and that little German is 99% Rammstein lyrics! Metal doesn't frequent my playlist but Rammstein have a way about them that give life to my headphones ^^

As for BotB band suggestions, I don't know which bands have already been done.. I would personally like to see a bit of Biffy Clyro, or maybe Tenacious D battling another equally good band?
Do you do bands against side projects or bands against other bands that have the same member? Okay, that doesn't really make sense. I mean for example, Nirvana vs Foo Fighters or Slipknot vs Stone Sour.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Slipknot vs Stone Sour.

If this one ever came out, I'm pretty sure SS will win. Knew you'll plump for Rammstein anyway. Hands down.

Hasn't this battle been drawn out long enough?
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Do you do bands against side projects or bands against other bands that have the same member? Okay, that doesn't really make sense. I mean for example, Nirvana vs Foo Fighters or Slipknot vs Stone Sour.

Well... that actually made some sense to me Jezz, don't worry!

As for your question, yes... there is a possibility to do those battles! There even have been some of these battles in the past and -if I'm not mistaken- it was actually Nirvana -vs.- Foo Fighters -vs.- Queens of the Stone Age! So I have to dissapoint you there... this battle migth return for a second run, but that would be a first in the history of the 'BotB' though... =P

Hasn't this battle been drawn out long enough?

It's all in the works now nichodemus... just hang in there a liiiiiittle while longer, ok? The all brand new 'BotB' battle will be posted soon!
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

And on that note, new battle! New battle is

Wolfmother vs. Queens of the Stone Age

Wolfmother:
Joker and the Theif
Woman
Colossal

Queens of the Stone Age:
Go With The Flow
3's and 7's
Sick, Sick, Sick

Battle was suggested by Jezz. And Daycee, sorry for not waiting for your opinion, but if I didn't do this now it might not have gotten done for a few more days.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I'm going to pick Wolfmother in this one. I really really don't like the singers vocals for Queens. The music seems a little too mashed up as well. Wolfmother's sound to me is a bit more crisp and the vocals are way better.

My vote: Wolfmother

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

calebsi will vote for Queens of the Stone Age. He likes a few of their songs, and he likes their instrumentation can really get calebsi to tap his feet. He can not say the same for Wolfmother. Also, No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age is one of calebsi's favorite songs.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

For Christ's sake, why are so many people speaking in the 3rd person!?

My vote goes to Wolfmother. I love both bands and I wish I hadn't suggested they battle now(!), but Wolfmother have excellent tunes. 'Woman' is a classic song, I've listened to it so many times in the past. They have their own unique brand of rock that doesn't seem to fit into any one specific genre.

Showing 3766-3780 of 4274