ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606957
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'll throw in my two cents worth and state a personal vote to try and liven up the place a little! =P

I completely understand why these two bands don't really relate to eachother in terms of sub-genre in Rock... but I decided to try and have them battle inside my head and every round, over and over, one band kept winning it and so my vote goes to Fleetwood Mac!!

Even though Georgia Satellites have theirselves some excellent feelgood southern country rock, that simply makes you want to grab that hat and rush out the door to go and have fun at a barn dance this instant... they just can't top the fabulous style of Fleetwood Mac!
If your talking about the early stages of the band, when they were still called "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac", and they had a great mixture from rock songs like the mindblowing tempo-switcher "Oh Well" (personal favorite) to the worldwide known "Black Magic Woman" (yes, that song is NOT a Santana original!) and then move on to the later stages, where Green left the band, and they decided to set a course to create their own -more mellow pop- sound, which they have followed ever since... just listen to the awesome smoothness of "Little Lies" and the sweet 'swept away on a rainy day' -feeling of "Sara" (goose bumps allover!!)... and let's not forget the '**** Turpin' mixed with modern day -styled video for "Everywhere" of course! You just can't deny the sheer magnitude of this World Class band! And if you do deny this, then... well, that's your loss! =)

So, to make a first score count on the current battle, including my personal vote, we see:

Current 'Battle of the Bands' round :

3 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
0 - Georgia Satellites

Now let's get this show on the road people! For real this time! I'm serious!!! (o.O)

So, grab that computer and hammer those reasoned votes in here! Decide the faith of these bands and who's going to be declared the winner of this 'BotB' round!!

Decide! VOTE!!!

Tsquared
Tsquared
21 posts
Shepherd

You can all Go Your Own Way but I gotta go with Fleetwood Mac because I got Big Love for Linsdey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Also, it doesn't hurt that I was brought up listening to them. Just to reiterate my vote goes to Fleetwood Mac.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I had never heard of the Georgia Satellites before, but I just listened to "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" and that's enough for me to cast my vote for them! I've never liked Fleetwood Mac all that much, so it wasn't really a hard decision for me!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Oh my... oh my... it's been over a week since the last score round up and only two votes in?!?! (o.O)

I'll count them, even though your reasonings are pretty thin guys... I hope to see better in the future! =/

Second (and probably last) score count for this battle show us :

4 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
1 - Georgia Satellites

I'll be checking in with waluigi and debate on what battle is to be posted next, because this battle seems to have died pretty much!

So, stay tuned and check in soon for the new battle to arrive in the 'Battle of the Bands'!!! =D

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

The Georgia Satellites are a severely underrated band in my opinion. Good old classic American southern rock sometimes can't be beat, and the Georgia Satellites could pull off that sound like no one else in the 80's could.

Fleetwood Mac isn't all that bad, but they aren't anything special either. I'm indifferent when it comes to their existence. It wouldn't matter to me if they were to just disappear forever.

I'm voting for the Georgia Satellites.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I had never heard of the Georgia Satellites before, but I just listened to "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" and that's enough for me to cast my vote for them!

That song is a one-hit wonder, and it's better than anything Fleetwood Mac ever did.

It's a bit of an unfair battle, though, since the Georgia Satellites are fairly unknown in this day and age. You almost never hear them or about them anymore, whereas Fleetwood Mac plays on the radio fairly often and is pretty widely-known even among the non-musical community.

I'm also jealous of Dan Baird's teeth.

Good old classic American southern rock sometimes can't be beat, and the Georgia Satellites could pull off that sound like no one else in the 80's could.

It's bands like the Satellites that make me proud to live in this country, and sometimes even make me wish I lived in the Deep South. There's just nothing fun or natural about Fleetwood Mac, and that is why my vote this round goes to the good ol' boys known as the Georgia Satellites.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Daycee is right, I'll be changing the battle soon. Most likely on Saturday, since I'm not going to be on tomorrow. But with more votes, might as well update the score:

4 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
3 - Georgia Satellites
________________________________________________ (I like this score format, Daycee )

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Daycee is right, I'll be changing the battle soon. Most likely on Saturday, since I'm not going to be on tomorrow. But with more votes, might as well update the score:

4 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
3 - Georgia Satellites
________________________________________________ (I like this score format, Daycee )

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Update time! That battle was very much a bust, so lets wrap it up. ________________________________________________

4 - Fleetwood Mac
-VS.-
3 - Georgia Satellites

Alright then. Our new battle is:

Cat Stevens vs. Jackson Browne

Cat Stevens:
Wild World
Where Do The Children Play
Miles From Nowhere

Jackson Browne:
Running On Empty
Tender Is The Night (Audio/ visual is off)
Boulevard

Let the battle being.

Also, I'm sure Ilberic is tired of being the only person suggesting battles. If you have a battle, please put your suggestion on either mine or Mrdaycee's profile.

Dombro
Dombro
6 posts
Nomad

Jackson Browne

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

Jackson Browne FTW

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I thought it was implied, but reasoning is needed with your votes. Please add reasoning for your votes to count you two.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

It seems like this particular battle isn't drawing that much attention to the ArmorGames users as we might want to... =/

Let's hope for the best and it will be getting better within the next couple of days! =)

Some new ideas for battles are already filed, so continuance of the thread is secured!

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Cat Stevens is so calming and nice lyrics. But he's not Cat Stevens anymore. His name is Yusuf Islam.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

I am going to vote for Jackson Browne.

I can listen to just about anything he does at anytime. Nothing fancy at all, just straightforward in what he does, but he does THAT very very well. I am actually a bit disappointed in myself for not getting into him sooner. I had a chance to see him live.. for free.. and went out of town to an Irish Music festival instead (still can't believe that myself).

Cat Stevens had some nice music, but some of it actually just drains excitement out of me if I listen to it for too long. In other words, I only like him in small doses.

My vote - Jackson Browne

(if I can keep coming up with new battles, I don't mind being the only "supplier". But that's one of the reasons I handed over the controls for this thread.. I was drawing blanks. Just recently I came up with some decent ones though, lol)

Showing 3796-3810 of 4274