ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606973
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

For Christ's sake, why are so many people speaking in the 3rd person!?

At least they don't speak in the royal we ...

Honestly, I'm having trouble deciding which band to vote,
I kinda like Queens of the Stone Age, Little Sister is a pretty good song.
I also somewhat like Wolfmother. Tales From the Forest of Gnomes and Dimension are great.

Anyways, I vote Wolfmother. Because Tales from The Forest Of Gnomes is just amazing.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

And we're off for a first score roundup! =D

I'll be holding onto my personal vote a little while longer I guess, haven't quite decided who to favour in this battle yet, so...

@ ilberic : There, see? Some more votes have come in for this battle, so it's picking up! A bit... it's not as if it's a run for the forums yet, but it's a start...

@ jezz : The 'speakign in the thrird person' thingy has died off a while and it's actually having a second run right now here on AG! So you'll probably see it happening a lot more I'm afraid! (o.O)

@ jezz (2) : Having second thoughts on why it had to be you to suggest the battle you vote for is something every 'suggestor' is facing whenever he/she decides to check in with the thread to vote for their own suggested battle! LOL

Time for the score counting! =D

CURRENT 'BotB' Battle Score :

3 - Wolfmother
-vs.-
1 - Queens of the Stone Age

Looks like Wolfmother is making a small gap here towards Queens of the Stone Age?! Will it grow? Or will QotSA make it back, close the gap and even overtake Wolfmother in this battle?! (o.O)

You decide! Come on people! State those elaborated votes and make your favorite band win this battle!!! =D

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm more of a Wolfmother fan, I suppose. Joker And The Thief is one of my favorite songs. That qualifies as a reason for my vote.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I'm more of a Wolfmother fan, I suppose. Joker And The Thief is one of my favorite songs. That qualifies as a reason for my vote.

Short as ever, huh Ernie? As it does make it's way towards being sufficient to count your vote, I think waluigi might be a tougher cookie to deal with your reasoning for it... =)
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Hello? Is this thing on? What happened? No comments in five days!? We need more votes people. I don't want to have to go back to reviving this every week!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Sorry... forgot to plug in the mic for ya there... whoopsie! (o.O)

But it's a bit sad, yes... the activity is at a new record low currently and there's no sign of improving really soon I'm afraid! The users tend to avoid the forae completely as it seems... don't know why though?! =/

If it makes you feel better... probably none of the other forae have a better post count compared to the PM forum, so... is that a bit of a relief then?

But the 'BotB' has survived worse my friend... it is still one of the few that are the longest running threads in the history of the AG forae, so don't worry!

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Wolfmother is a fine band. Never had much of an opinion of the other. Just not the sort of music I'm into listening to.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Please? Somebody? Vote? I have a feeling I may need to change the battle if more votes don't come in soon. These adbots aren't helping the cause, but at least a stickied thread doesn't have to worry about that. Stand-by for possible battle change.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I decided to leave the score count alone for a while seeing as only one new vote has been entered and the battle seems somewhat over and done... maybe it IS a good thing to change the battle waluigi!

So far, Wolfmother seems to have a little lead over QotSA though...

Current (and maybe/probably final) score count shows us :

CURRENT 'BotB' Battle Score :

4 - Wolfmother
-vs.-
1 - Queens of the Stone Age

We'll await and see what waluigi decides to do... *drumroll* =D

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

That battle was rather bust. Final score is

Wolfmother: 4
Queens of the Stone Age: 1

Alright then. Hopefully this new battle goes better than the previous one did. Our new battle is...

Fleetwood Mac Vs. Georgia Satellites

Fleetwood Mac:
Go Your Own Way
Tusk
Landslide

Georgia Satellites:
Keep Your Hands To Yourself
Battleship Chains
Railroad Steel

Let the battle begin

Suggestions are gladly appreciated. If you have one, put it on Mrdaycee's or my profile

XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This isn't really going to relate to this thread but I just want to thank MrDayCee and waluigi for keeping this alive. And thank you to all of you voters out there sharing your love for music. Im grateful and proud!

-LBJ

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

lol, this battle is my "fault".. wasn't really intended for this thread.. was geared more for suggestions for DayCee's next Classic Rock World Cup..

But, let's roll wit it...

My vote is Fleetwood Mac.

They have a larger, better in every way, library than the Satellites do. Lindsey Buckingham plays an awesome guitar. Stevie Nicks vocals I can actually take or leave. Christine Perfect's (a.k.a. Christie McVie) vocals however just tickle my ears in everyway they should. Mick Fleetwood is just a fun guy to watch on the drums.

So to reiterate... my vote - Fleetwood Mac.

p.s. - I have 2 other battle suggestions that were way better than this one, lol. Like I said, these groups weren't intended for a battle, but more for alternate groups in a different thread..

Tularius638
Tularius638
8 posts
Shepherd

My vote's gonna have to go to Fleetwood Mac on this one. I'll admit I'm not intimately familiar with either band, but Go Your Own Way is just such an anthem.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Really? Still just 2 votes?!? What a sad state for this once glorious thread. I don't quite understand it, just come here, voice an opinion and be on your way... that's what all the threads are basically, so why does this one get no action anymore?

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Probably the bands. Like you said, not necessarily the greatest of battles ever...

Anyways, Come on people! vote!!!

Showing 3781-3795 of 4274