ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606953
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

he's not Cat Stevens anymore. His name is Yusuf Islam.

Oh yes! I completely forgot about that! It's never mentioned anymore, but... well... here! =P

I'll back up ilberic on the vote and vote for Jackson Browne as well! I never liked the style of Cat that much... Jackson on the other hand has a nice feel to his music, with the ease of a true artist putting his sole and being into the lyrics and music. He's nice to listen too at any given moment of the day! =)

So, with a shocking low amount of votes, the score shows :

2 - Jackson Browne
-VS-
0 - Cat Stevens

I also think this is probably the last score roundup for this battle as we are preparing to launch a new one soon! Just wait for waluigi's or my post with a new battle to start a-fresh! =D

P.s. you can keep brainstorming about battles ilberic! Even if you are the sole or one of the few providers of battles, we still appreciate it!
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I voted for Cat.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

So, with a shocking low amount of votes..

I also think this is probably the last score roundup for this battle as we are preparing to launch a new one soon

I'm not one to critique or anything, especially since I know what a pain this can be at times, but the non-battle of Georgia Satellites vs. Fleetwood Mac went for 27 days.. comparatively, this one is in its infancy (12 days).

Don't forget that I had one other suggested battle as well, probably the best one of my recent efforts too.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

I let the Georgia Satellites- Fleetwood Mac battle last that long. Eeep...
I do plan on changing this battle, probably tonight. Two far more well know artists will be featured.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I know what you mean ilberic, but leaving a battle on the board for so long and getting little to no response to it might seem a little quick on the draw, but I think it's better to change it quicker, than having a thread that lacks activity due to having the same battle posted for almost 4 weeks... =0

And we won't forget the suggestion you made, don't worry!

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Alright, time for a battle change. But first, the final score update for this battle:

2 - Jackson Browne
-VS-
1 - Cat Stevens

quite a not battle. But now, its time for a battle between the King and Queen of pop music. Our next battle:

Michael Jackson vs. Madonna

Michael Jackson:
Billy Jean
Bad
Beat It

Madonna:
Like A Virgin
Vogue
Take A Bow

Let the battle begin!

and as usual <h3>If you have suggestions, post them to mine or Mrdaycee's profile</h3>

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Michael Jackson for me. I like Madonna, but I only like about an albums worth of songs by her. I can listen to just about anything Michael does. It's a shame that he messed up his life so badly. I guess when you aren't allowed to have a childhood, things can get extremely nutty.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Definitely Michael Jackson. Madonna may be pretty hot, but that's about all she's ever had going for her. Michael was a child prodigy who grew up to be one of the greatest singers and dancers of our time, and although he had an untimely death, his records will surely live on forever.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

Oh god, this isn't even a fight. Michael Jackson all the way. He was much more of an icon than Madonna ever was, and he could dance incredibly.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Although I'm not generally a fan of dance-pop or the like, you can't dislike MJ. He's one of those artists where his biggest hits were actually his best ones, like Billie Jean or Thriller. And you can't hate Beat It either. After all, Eddie Van Halen is on guitar.

Literally every single one of Madonna's songs sound exactly the same to me. And there is nothing redeeming about her voice. If she looked like Susan Boyle, she would have gotten nowhere in the musical world.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I am a HUGE disco fan, and if anyone kept the disco beat alive throughout the 80's, it was the great Michael Jackson!

No matter what country you go to these days, everyone knows who he is! And that makes sense, because he was a virtuoso and an insanely good dancer, and his music has made him the most well-known pop icon in history!

Queen of pop music

Now THAT surprises me! I never thought her songs were anything special, and I'm quite surprised anyone did at the time!

If she looked like Susan Boyle, she would have gotten nowhere in the musical world.

I imagine she was only famous because of MTV. If nobody had seen her, she would not have been quite so successful!

So anyway, I voted for Michael.
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I can't say I would listen to either by choice, for I'm indifferent when it comes to pop music, but I can appreciate the music of Michael Jackson much more because it sounds like actual effort was put into his music.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Michael....do I really need to pipe it up for the King of Pop? Madonna still tries to eke out a sex kitten image when she's a middle age woman. Doesn't go down well....

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

This battle deserves a fitting poster as it is a...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7214/7202741518_d1df81e870_z_d.jpg

On with the score roundup and... oh my... this battle is turning out to be the slaughtering of the 'Queen of POP' by the 'King of POP'! (o.O)

The dazzling score shows a HUGE advantage for the King :

7 - Michael Jackson 'King of POP'
-VS-
0 - Madonna 'Queen of POP'

Will Madonna strike back or is she at peace with her demise?!

You decide!!! Choose the King or Queen and VOTE!!! =D

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Demise. She surely is.

Showing 3811-3825 of 4274