ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606933
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I actually feel a little sad seeing how this battle is progressing... surely, Madonna has taken it a bit too far when it comes to switching the numbers while trying to look 16, but come on... she HAS been an icon much as Michael has been throughout the history of POP music! Look at how long she has been active and is still (let's not forget) selling albums worldwide?! There aren't a lot of (living) music artists who can compete with that! Other than Michael maybe... =P

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Look at how long she has been active and is still (let's not forget) selling albums worldwide?!

Selling lots of records does not mean she's talented! She's just an early example of what most pop singers are today!
iSabby
iSabby
33 posts
Nomad

Well this is definetly a tricky one.
MJ had passed away not long ago & IS considered "The King of Pop" Sooo many people love MJ.
& Madonna she is recently been ranked #1 of most greatest female artists in the last decade. She is a inspiration to many woman i think.

But i vote for MJ. Cmon (: He's the king of Pop!

Armormasterthenew
Armormasterthenew
3 posts
Nomad

Michael Jackson
also if he is death

ViceGhost
ViceGhost
30 posts
Nomad

Michael Jackson is the king. Not only can he sing, but he can also dance. I say can and not could because his legacy lives on.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I feel really bad for Madonna here... she is being pictured as a poor talent with all the posts made in this battle! Something I strongly disagree with... so I'm not going to sit this one out like I always try to do, but actually vote this time and it's for Madonna!!!
And for those that might have started to think... it's definitely not a pity vote as she has prooved to be a huge chameleon of an artist, ever evolving throughout the decades she has been performing already! Which artist can present such an amazing and extended resumay of hits and albums with worldwide sales?
Granted... Michael Jackson can too, but she should never be forgotten or painted black in my humble opinion! There.... =)

@ Armormasterthenew : That's a poor attempt on reasoning there, so please elaborate or your vote will not be counted, sorry!

With my personal vote counted the score shows us :

9 - Michael Jackson 'King of POP'
-VS-
1 - Madonna 'Queen of POP'

That's probably the last in between score count for this battle as Michael Jackson is clearly defeating Madonna and making a run for the win... so the next person voting for MJ will decide Madonna's faith and close the battle! =0

Let's see who will have the final (ela-bo-rated) vote in this battle before we move on to the next! Post those votes people!! VOTE!!! =D

MrAutomatic
MrAutomatic
296 posts
Nomad

I'm hearing him on the radio a lot and I've grown to really like Michael Jackson's music. I never really stopped to appreciate it for what it was before he passed away, but after hearing 'Thriller' and 'Billie Jean' every day, it grew on me. Now I can truly feel the energy behind his music and behind him.

cooldownman
cooldownman
116 posts
Nomad

I would have to place my vote on Kiss because they have a better type of rock. And please their band is still making music and going strong. While Aerosmith has given up on music and is breaking apart.

agreed, but when Aerosmith was around they had allot more hits. so over all Aerosmith wins

vote is Aerosmith
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

vote is Aerosmith

Vote is read the title.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

This is the first time in three months that someone has made that error. That's definitely a record...

...or I just missed a few posts here and there since then.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I guess this battle has had it's due running time... Michael Jackson has snatched the title from Madonna as the true "King of POP" and leaves her in his wake! =)

The final score count shows it all :

10 - Michael Jackson 'King of POP' - WINNER!!
-VS-
1 - Madonna 'Queen of POP' - Runner up...

The in between given Aerosmith vote for the first battle ever posted was worth a good laugh! I think Ernie said it all! LOL =P

---

Well... on with the show it is! Time to do a little experimental battle in between...

### The Motown Divisions Battle!!! ###

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8168/7308910200_911ac9c560_z_d.jpg

This new battle is going to be a little more tricky in a matter of choice as this is a battle between artists who were signed to different sub-division record labels that were either a part of or -later on- merged with the world famous Motown record company!

To elaborate on the battle a little... there will be 3 sub-divisions featured in this battle, each with 3 example artists :

# Motown Records (Est. 1960)
- Diana Ross & The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Four Tops - Reach Out, I'll Be There
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back

# Tamla Records (Est. 1959)
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Tracks Of My Tears

# Gordy Records (Est. 1962)
- The Temptations - My Girl
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Rick James - Super Freak

So, it's your choice to pick the one sub-division label that has your preference in this battle! So do NOT vote for a single artist, but for a complete label! All clear? Allright...

On your Motown... err... marks! Get set... VOTE!!! =D

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'll have to vote for Gordy Records. I just happen to like all the songs that you listed for that label better than those that you listed for the others.

Don't expect too much from this battle in the way of elaborated responses. The quality of the music, in this case, doesn't really correlate as much with the record label as it does with the group recording the music.

ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Well, I think I'll have to vote for the Tamla subdivisions due to the presence of Stevie Wonder, given the choices you listed. Michael Jackson is better than the Jackson 5 (though that group should have just been named Michael Jackson and these 4 dudes), so as the Jackson 5, they lose to Stevie Wonder.

My vote - Tamla

Just my 2 cents here, DayCee, not a fan of this layout. Mixing artists seems to me like it's going to lead to general chaos. People might hate the guy standing next to the guy they love. Like Ernie said as well, it doesn't really lend itself to elaborated responses. It seems to me that people will see too much work in comparing each and every artist and instead will give mini-answers. I guess we could be wrong, and I don't mind saying that I hope I am. However, I still want my Cooke vs. Gaye battle, lol.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I know guys... I know... *sighs* =/

It's just a battle idea that came to mind when I checked the thread and saw that the 'Battle Royale' was done for... it's just a whimm, that's all! Let's stick with it for a while and HOPE freakenstein will change the thread's title... please? =)

And ilberic... stop whining will ya? You'll get yours, don't worry!

ImAdmin
ImAdmin
20 posts
Nomad

Kiss

Showing 3826-3840 of 4274