ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606718
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
ilberic
ilberic
858 posts
Jester

Honestly, I really like the two guys equally, but I'd gotta say... Nelson

Yeah, but why do you choose Nelson? Music, lyric's, persona, favorite song? anything?
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Johnny Cash, for some reason he reminds Killersup of Elvis. All the excellent songs he created as well...such as " Grave gonna hold me down"

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

Johnny Cash - Get Rhythm

because life is depressing enough as it is

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I'm voting for Johnny Cash again for the same reason I voted for him last round. His diverse musical style is much more interesting to me. Though I haven't listened to many songs by these artists, I prefer Cash's songs over Willie's because his songs are more appealing to me.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Willie Nelson is more original.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Update time. Our current score:

@Salvidian & Mickeyryn: You've gotta have reasoning along with your vote for it to count.

@Weirdlike: I'll let your vote slide this time, but in the future, you need more reasoning.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@Salvidian & Mickeyryn: You've gotta have reasoning along with your vote for it to count.

Originality isn't a good field for in-depth reasoning? Oh well.

Willie Nelson was able to create a more unique sound by staying away from the mainstream sound of his time.
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

I'll let your vote slide this time, but in the future, you need more reasoning.

I don't mind being more descriptive... just kinda lazy

Hands down to both artists, true musical icons, but if I were to choose one over the other it would have to be Cash. The depressing music in combination with his signature deep voice really struck interest with me. He made depressing music upbeat, with titles like "Man In Black", "Get Rhythm", and the poor story of "A Boy Name Sue"
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I'm not really a fan of this kind of songs but I'd vote for Willy Nelson because of his rendition of You we're always on my mind, that's a classic for me.

EGPMH
EGPMH
3 posts
Shepherd

Nelson is cool and all but Cash is a legend above legends so I think you know my choice

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Cash has a much better voice and the songs are classics for a reason. My vote goes to Cash.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

My god, I keep letting these battles go on for far too long. I'll try to have a new battle up by tomorrow.

waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

And so this battle draws to a close. The final score:

With that, we move out of country and into metal. Out next battle is:

Judas Priest vs. Iron Maiden
Heading Out to the Highway
Living After Midnight
Jawbreaker

Iron Maiden:
Run To The Hills
The Trooper
Number of the Beast

Let the battle begin!

FALLEN950
FALLEN950
161 posts
Nomad

Although both bands have their extremely high points, and their rather low... Maiden would be my vote. I for one do love my fair share of Judas Priest, but Maiden is my all time favorite metal band. I've seen them twice, and those count for 2 of the 3 concerts I've been to.

I also like my metal to be heavy, and in my opinion, Maiden is more heavy than Judas Priest. Bruce Dickinson is as close as it gets to a metal god as well. Maiden is one of the first great metal bands, coming to fame around 1978, and they are credited for so many other bands influences. Granted, that Judas Priest is as well.

I also enjoy Dave Murray's guitar work more than anyone else on the planet (although Eddie Van Halen is a very close 2nd). I think that when Bruce Dickinson came back to the band in 1999, it revived their fame and broadly widened their audience. All the older folks had introduced their kids to Iron Maiden, because they had been revived. I've grown up with Iron Maiden in the household (considering I'm 16) and I've always preferred them over most metal bands anyways.

Thirdly, I think that Maiden has always had a better discography than Judas Priest. Even though Maiden has a total of 15 studio albums, and Judas Priest has 16 and another one on the way, Maiden will always have albums that were better put together.

One thing that Maiden has a huge advantage in this though, is being much more mainstream than Judas Priest, so naturally, I think that Maiden would be a more likeable band anyways.

Keep in mind, that this is all my opinion

Anyways, my vote stands for Iron Maiden, Up The Irons!

valboss84
valboss84
1,526 posts
Farmer

These two bands are quite similar, this is heavy rock, in the same period. But I give my vote to Judas Priest, cause this is the band I've more listened between those and they more focus on music than scenic performance (as is doing Iron Maiden).

Showing 3961-3975 of 4274