ForumsPopular MediaBattle of the Bands: Locked due to inactivity. (Page ...)

4274 2606716
XxLBJames23xX
XxLBJames23xX
769 posts
Peasant

This thread while hold competitions to see which band AG likes the most. You vote on which of the following band is better and why. Then, I will add all of the votes and see which band is better.

RULES
1.You can only vote one time
2.Do not spam (duh).
3.Do not complain if the band you want to win loses

Please keep this clean and I will try to pick bands that people know of.

The first battle will be between....
Kiss and Aerosmith

• 4,274 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

Why on earth did I agree on this battle?!?! This is too hard a choice!! (O.o)

Well, let's see... seen both bands live and they both were awesome stage performers. Both had some great gimmicks and stage props and they both were all about pleasing the crowd. 1-1 =)

Both bands emerged at the very beginning of the Metal era and helped lay the vast foundations for future (now present) bands to build their repertoire on and continue the Metal legacy. 1-1 =)

Both bands were part of the famous and awesome "N.W.O.B.H.M.", a branch of the Metal tree I have always favored over other others, simply because they spawned great bands, proven by these two competitors. 1-1 =)

Both bands have a spirited, vocally gifted and show-loving front man... 1-1

Both have outstanding musicians playing Metal music the way it was intended... 1-1

Both bands have continued (with a few years hiatus here and there) touring throughout their entire career... 1-1

Both bands stayed true to their chosen path of music and style... 1-1

Hmmm... geeesh... ARE there any differences between the two? =/

Oh! Wait! Albums! Let's see... total albums, studio, live and compilations are...
Iron Maiden: 33 - Judas Priest: 29

Aaargghh... still not decisive enough, too close... *grump*

Well, then... it all... comes down to the one single band I have listened too most all those years and that band is Iron Maiden! Even though I have had my fair share of awesome Judas Priest songs, I have to admit that I managed to listen to (at least) 1 Iron Maiden almost every other 2 weeks for decades now. Yep... that's it, Iron Maiden gets my vote! Up the Irons!

And since I'm voting here anyway, I'll throw in a score count as well!

1 - JUDAS PRIEST
VS
2 - IRON MAIDEN

The battle has started!! Now... who's Metal enough to start the fire and forge this battle into it's rightful place? Write your reasons! Chose your side! Cast your vote!! =D

GhostOfMetal
GhostOfMetal
694 posts
Shepherd

I have to vote for Iron Maiden. They have been may favorite band for several years now. I knew of Priest before them but Iron Maiden is just a stronger band to me. Both of heavy influences on the British New Wave of Heavy Metal and almost all following metal sub-genres.

I always liked the way Priest carried themselves. They were old school and heavy. The band members all wrote their own parts to songs and then came together and it worked beautifully. Their style really picked up in the 80's and of course Painkiller. Even when Ron Halford was not in the band, they showed their strength as a band. And when he came back, they picked up right where they left off like it was nothing.

Hoever, Iron Maidens style was evolved in such a way through the years. Their style was different than other BNW bandsat the time. It was faster and more energetic. I like that. Bruce's voice was so perfect with the band. But of course, even without him, Steve Harris and Dave Murray showed that they are Iron Maiden, not the singer. They have always written powerful songs, Harris' often being the songs the band wants to see because they are, well... generally better lol. Now they have become a very wise band. They acknowledge their roots and use them to make them selves a stronger and stronger band as their audience's taste changes.

Iron Maiden will always have my vote no matter who they come against. UP THE IRONS!!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Number of the Beast has always arguably been one of my favorite metal songs, depending on what you consider metal to be. I've always found Iron Maiden to be more accessible in general to people like me who aren't serious metal fans.

This genre isn't really my area of expertise, as I don't listen to this type of music very often. I'll have more to say when two bands from a sub-genre I'm more familiar with battle against each other.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

honestly, I'd go with Maiden. I started with maiden before priest, so I've listened to them longer, and I've always been a huge fan, especially after they came to dallas a few years back, and I got a tour shirt from them. don't get me wrong, I love priest, but maiden has always been a little more versatile when it comes to metal. their sound is unique, and because of this, maiden is in my top 5 bands, next to Opeth, and Nevermore.

-Blade

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Of course Iron Maiden...

They have so many good songs like Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, The trooper, and hallowed be thy name... I like the way Hallowed be thy name builds up and I like the fast beat of the other songs...

I really don't know that much by Judas Priest anyway...

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I have to admit that metal is a genre of music I don't particularly enjoy. Therefore, I don't know much about the bands.

After listening to these six songs, I have to say that Iron Maiden has a sound that is a little bit more appealing to me as it seems to be less metal (if that makes any sense to anyone), so that is a plus to someone who doesn't like this genre very much. Somehow, I enjoyed the sound of the guitars, especially on the song The Trooper, and also the way songs are sung (the singer doesn't scream as much as it seems to happen with Judas Priest's songs). So in a hypothetical situation in which I was given the choice, I would probably listen to Iron Maiden instead of Judas Priest. That's why they get my vote.

Therefore, I vote for Iron Maiden.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Iron MAiden.Nwever heard any of Judas Priest' music.Also, Maiden's Eddy beats all other band mascots.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

iron maiden for sure.
ive seen them life multiple times. and it was awesome every time.

as kegaumongo said the singer doesn't scream/grunt to much. those are the bands i like most and if they have a great voice like iron maiden then i'm a fan.
their one of the greatest.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I thought I would like Judas Priests after listening to Helloween's cover of their song "Electric Eye". Honestly though, I prefer the cover, and was a bit let down when I heard their other songs. They're certainly not bad and seem to be legends among the American metal bands. But they're good, not great, to my ear.

Iron Maiden on the other side is an international beast. I prefer their more melodic music, and the vocals are definitely better than JP vocals. It's a clear vote for Iron Maiden.

Go Eddie! \\m/

wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

Never heard Iron Maiden, so I'd say... Judas Priest!

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

Never heard Iron Maiden

you could click the links right?
MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

i like iron madien

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Iron Maiden has definitely made a larger impact on the music industry. They're more popular, their work is more memorable, and they're a bit more charismatic. Plus, they put on a fantastic live show.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

pssssst. MrDayCee your topic is dieing over here.
might wanna see the docter. it looks bad.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Iron Maiden had better music...just sayin.

Showing 3976-3990 of 4274