ForumsWEPRNewspaper Idea.

138 14747
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

I was thinking of making a newspaper to cover all topics of world events and what not but i'll need people to help me cover each topic i'll post them and i'll need people to help so anyone interested post here or on my profile.

I'll need 1 or 2 per topic.
1.U.S-
2.World-
3.Politics-
4.Health-
5.Entertainment-
6.Tech-(Idk about this one)
7.Travel-
8.Sports-
9.Crime-
10.Science-

I will cover what ever topic noone takes.

• 138 Replies
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Isn't everyone helping run the paper?

Goumas and green12324 are like helping me get people and get temp people to fill spots for people who are on vacation and what not but I sent you on your profile if your interested msg me.
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Alright, it seems I'm helping with organization. Guess I'll help take on the duties as Green and Goumas.

bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Alright, it seems I'm helping with organization. Guess I'll help take on the duties as Green and Goumas.

Thanks i'll be doing alot still just easier to keep this idea going thx for all the help guy's.
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

What I meant is that the newspaper thread is way to vague. A thread should consist of one topic, not a whole bunch of sub topics.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I was thinking we could have three subsections divided into three threads. Each would be managed by one of us and you would manage all three with a hands off sort of approach. Thoughts?

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Flite the ninja. . . .

Well, a newspaper is a conglomerate is it not?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

One thing I noticed about our thread is that it seems kind of random. Like the order that people post. So maybe we should all get the articles ready, then plan when to post them. And if some people aren't going to be on at that time they could give it to someone else, or just not post that day. I'll probably post about once a week, so that I don't run out of ideas too quickly.

And I think there was someone who just copied and pasted a really long article. It's cool if they aren't in the mood to report and just want to share, but a summery would be nice. Then just make that summary link to the entire article.

What do you guys think?

I agree with that, right now it's more of a throw together or random articles than an actual newspaper. Maybe we could have some sort of rough draft forum then have brett put it all together as one post.

Just an idea.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I was thinking we could have three subsections divided into three threads. Each would be managed by one of us and you would manage all three with a hands off sort of approach. Thoughts?

Sigh and your also a ninja. But that sounds cool.
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

Well, a newspaper is a conglomerate is it not?

Sure, I guess. This is the problem with the newspaper.

If you have 1 post on sports, another on US events, a post on music, and one on world events, wouldn't it be easier to make a seperate thread for each one of those topics instead? This way, each topic gets a whole section to itself and everyone will be talking about the same thing. If you keep all the topics in one thread, everybody's conversation is criss crossing and it gets confusing and the thread goes off topic.
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Or use my idea and group a bunch of similar topics. Military and politics are similar after all.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Maybe we could have some sort of rough draft forum then have brett put it all together as one post.

That's a good idea, and so is TSL3's.

I think that we'll probably have to try a few things before we find something that works, but hopefully in the end we'll be able to get it running smoothly. I definitely like TSL3's idea. It will be a lot easier to manage if each of of us has our our thread to manage. Takes out the confusion of having three different people trying to manage everything without any sort of direction.

We've got a lot of ideas, but keep them coming. We might not end up using everyones suggestion, but we still appreciate any input =D. There's still a few positions remaining, if you're interested message me.
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

If you make a thread dedicated to News on Music, then the thread would still be too vague. As soon as you post the second article of news, you have gone off topic.

Any writer should know what a thesis statement is. It is the main sentence or two that explains what the whole paper is about. The OP is the thesis statement. If you have multiple thesis statements, then the thread is too vague. If you change the thesis statement, then it is time to make a new thread!

I think I might have an idea on how you can make this newspaper idea work. It involves NOT making a single thread for all the news of a particular catagory.

bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Wouldent we need consent from carlie to do that?
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Maybe we could have some sort of rough draft forum then have brett put it all together as one post.

This is a good idea so what someone makes like a smffree forum for us to draft it on then post the final on here

Sorry for the double post.
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I'll use my grouping (unofficial). And Flite, can you go with the flow please?

Political-
Military
US
Canadian
Politics (Left and right)
World

Entertainment-
Entertainment
Sports
Music
Travel

Science-