ForumsWEPRNewspaper Idea.

138 13994
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

I was thinking of making a newspaper to cover all topics of world events and what not but i'll need people to help me cover each topic i'll post them and i'll need people to help so anyone interested post here or on my profile.

I'll need 1 or 2 per topic.
1.U.S-
2.World-
3.Politics-
4.Health-
5.Entertainment-
6.Tech-(Idk about this one)
7.Travel-
8.Sports-
9.Crime-
10.Science-

I will cover what ever topic noone takes.

• 138 Replies
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

And Flite, can you go with the flow please?

Can someone fill me in I have no idea what Flite is suppost to be doing noone told me lol.
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

If you make a thread dedicated to News on Music, then the thread would still be too vague.

Well it would be a thread dedicated oto entertainment. So it would be about all entertainment, and music would be one of the discussion points. The writers could also take turns posting, to allow discussion before they present something new.

How do you suggest we do it?
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Can someone fill me in I have no idea what Flite is suppost to be doing noone told me lol.

Flite's just bucking us and finding every nook and cranny.

Wouldent we need consent from carlie to do that?

I don't think so, although I would still ask.
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

Having 3 sub sections still makes each thread far to vague! Each thread should not be a whole section of smaller ideas, that is why we have seperate forum sections (duh!).

NEW IDEA

I have seen this happen with a few clubs. I think you should make a new account and call it The Newspaper or whatever your newspaper title thing is called. Under the about, you make a bunch of sub sections. Under each sub section, you make a link to an individual thread.

For example, you may have a sub section called Current Music News. Under that, you place links to individual threads created about music (with permision from the person who made the thread). So this way, each and every topic gets its very own... thread! YAY!

Of course, you would have to limit the number of threads per section. Every week, you need to make sure you delete every single old link, and make a new one. Keep everything fully updated!

In fact, I can help keep the account updated if you use this idea.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Made a rough draft thread

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

In fact, I can help keep the account updated if you use this idea.

I think we should leave updating to Brett. He's the master of the thread after all. Also, having a thread for every single topic would clutter up the forums, so that's completely out of the question.
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Sound good?

I was just about to do that, lol. But yeah, that looks good.

I think you should make a new account and call it The Newspaper or whatever your newspaper title thing is called.

We should do that. SHOPS (old group that used to help get rid of spam) had one like that. Basically a HQ. So we could post the links there, have all the writers and organizers become friends, etc.

So this way, each and every topic gets its very own... thread! YAY!

That would be 14 threads...I don't think the mods would be happy with us for taking up the entire front page of this section. And we can't delete them after awhile because we'll need them again in a few days.

Made a rough draft thread

Haha, we're a bit early for that. But thanks xD We'll use it eventually
Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

I think we should leave updating to Brett. He's the master of the thread after all. Also, having a thread for every single topic would clutter up the forums, so that's completely out of the question.

Can you please visit other forums please? 1 topic per thread. If you have a whole thread dedicated to all things entertainments... then it has too many damn topics in a single thread.

Also, if you make an account, it will keep things more organized. You may have to sacrifice a few threads. Maybe have 3 general news sections and 2 or 3 topics per section. The links should only be listed in the about for a week anyway.
bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Ok well you guess decided if you want the other account made and i'll go make it, i'll be here till you guy's decided.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

We should do that. SHOPS (old group that used to help get rid of spam) had one like that. Basically a HQ. So we could post the links there, have all the writers and organizers become friends, etc.

I agree, It'd be a great place just to touch base.

That would be 14 threads...I don't think the mods would be happy with us for taking up the entire front page of this section. And we can't delete them after awhile because we'll need them again in a few days.

Yea, hopefully though they'll make a newspaper forum some day that'd be nice.
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

I find my idea the only feasible one for the forums. The account is a really good idea. I think both of them are good.

Flite
Flite
189 posts
Nomad

I prefer quality over quantity. And instead of assigning people to write seperate news topics for every sectoin, you find threads that already exist. And if you want to make a new topic, like if a new band just won some sort of award, you can make it, then have it requested to be put in the paper.

Also, if you want to talk about news on entertainment, much of that will fit in the Popular Media section anyway!

bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

Ok wait if we make another account you guy's may gotta ask carlie its only suppost to be 1 account per person.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Flite, you don't understand. I'll put it in a banned form to get my point across.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER TO HAVE DIFFERENT THREADS FOR DIFFERENT THINGS. THERE IS NO WAY IT WILL HAPPEN. IF IT DOES, THE ENTIRE IDEA WILL BE SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES BY THE MODS. IT CAN'T HAPPEN. YOU PRETTY MUCH ARE THE ONLY ONE WITH THAT IDEA. IF WE WANTED TO DO THAT, WE MIGHT AS WELL ABANDON THE WHOLE IDEA.

bretttrumpour
bretttrumpour
677 posts
Nomad

I prefer quality over quantity. And instead of assigning people to write seperate news topics for every sectoin, you find threads that already exist. And if you want to make a new topic, like if a new band just won some sort of award, you can make it, then have it requested to be put in the paper.

I made this thread to include other AG members and i'm not changing that.
Showing 91-105 of 138